The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

5 hours ago, roberMDNA said:

isn't she wearing a "pinkier" wig during Bedtime Story/Ray Of Light/Rain act? or it's just me? On the shows i went in Europe (and the ones i didnt see but i saw on the internet) looked much more blond that what i'm seeing since MSG

I think she's been alternating a lot. She had the pink wig on already in Milan at my show.

9 hours ago, truerebel said:

Now that the tour is past the halfway mark (hard to believe), and having attended opening night in London and several other cities in the US (last one being MSG), here are some difference between then and now.

NRM - she did not do the hand through kimono hole move during the first few shows, stage did not rotate through the entire number in London (can't remember when she started doing both)

OYH - she spit right into the audience during first couple shows, and has since "blessed" fans with holy water from her "beer bottle"

DAD - she started braiding her hair a few shows in Europe, and has been since then (which do you all prefer?)

MAF - Of course we know she just added a verse for David to sing with her (since MSG night two)

DCFMA - Ukranian flag opening night and has since been replaced with Pride flag

DTM - two pairs of boots, I only remember seeing the new version during MSG night one (shorter in the shaft), she also added frilly ruffled mini shirt since Boston

VOUGE - 3 corset changes throughout Europe but I feel she's been stuck with the silver one for most (if not all) of the US dates thus far?

ROL - slight update to her choreo on the platform, she was without sunglasses during Boston night one

BIM - Blue corset changed and has been the same for all US dates (darker shade of blue)

I think there has to be more difference (however subtle), please add/edit until the end of the tour,

during DCFMA at a few shows ealy in the tour she wore a white flag then switched back to the pride one

On 1/24/2024 at 3:46 AM, Alibaba said:

Because she’s Jewish and dared to defend Israelis, I’m guessing?

No it’s more to do with her posting racist artwork that leans into horrible and dangerous stereotypes about Muslim people as well as willfully spreading misinformation about an ongoing genocide of an entire group of people. 

It is 100% possible to be Jewish and be proud of it while at the same time not advocating for the murder of innocent people. Plenty of Jews, including Jews from Israel, do that every day. They’re proud of their heritage and speak out against Israel’s terrorism all at once. 

Amy choses not to do that. Amy chooses to present Palestinans as rapists, terrorists, and savages while proudly championing Israel’s systematic murder of them. 

That’s the issue. Especially when Madonna herself has been so vocally supportive of a free Palestine in the past. 

1 hour ago, Future Lover said:

No it’s more to do with her posting racist artwork that leans into horrible and dangerous stereotypes about Muslim people as well as willfully spreading misinformation about an ongoing genocide of an entire group of people. 

It is 100% possible to be Jewish and be proud of it while at the same time not advocating for the murder of innocent people. Plenty of Jews, including Jews from Israel, do that every day. They’re proud of their heritage and speak out against Israel’s terrorism all at once. 

Amy choses not to do that. Amy chooses to present Palestinans as rapists, terrorists, and savages while proudly championing Israel’s systematic murder of them. 

That’s the issue. Especially when Madonna herself has been so vocally supportive of a free Palestine in the past. 

Amy Schumer is really dull in addition to being racist. 

And she's never been a funny comedian.

She has a tasteless, stupid, and ignorant comedic style. I've never understood why Madonna supports her, but I also think that Madonna has terrible comedic tastes

5 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

The tour will be over  near the end of april.... Will we have an expansion or its too late?

good question. i still think some more countries like brazil or argentinia might be possible to be added. i'd love if she comes back to europe even. but on the other hand, it might be enough for her... what she is pulling off is amazing. she might wants to move on and take the energy back into her film project (eventhough, the tour and a mini docu around it would be more than enough for me)

4 minutes ago, PHIL said:

good question. i still think some more countries like brazil or argentinia might be possible to be added. i'd love if she comes back to europe even. but on the other hand, it might be enough for her... what she is pulling off is amazing. she might wants to move on and take the energy back into her film project (eventhough, the tour and a mini docu around it would be more than enough for me)

Truth

Is an amazing show one of the biggest of her.... But i think this time the doctors will decide.....

They move very fast with the shows, a country after another a city after another city..... So i think that she will be totally exhausted....... Honestly right now i hope for a pause for her......

2 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

She didn’t, I just checked my videos of Milan and she was blonde. 
This is from the second show in Milan from one of my videos but it was blonde on the first show too. It looked pink on the videos in the cube because of the light and because the colors were very satured. 

IMG_0571.thumb.jpeg.c8bfb666cb705852ed96cd82e4684718.jpeg

3 hours ago, FraP said:

Amy Schumer is really dull in addition to being racist. 

And she's never been a funny comedian.

She has a tasteless, stupid, and ignorant comedic style. I've never understood why Madonna supports her, but I also think that Madonna has terrible comedic tastes

I think they are genuinely friends

22 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Question: do any of the backing tracks have pre-recorded vocals? Some backing tracks are the original album tracks i think... I know she's singing live over them, but i just wanted to know if some backing tracks have pre-recorded vocals...

Well, the original vocals are pre-recorded vocals as they're not being performed live...

But I think I you mean Re-Recorded vocals, aka Pre-Recorded Live Vocals. Yes some songs do!

The ones I can think of at the moment are:

Into The Groove, it's a 50/50 mix between playback and live singing, if not actually louder playback generally than live singing in the mix on most shows.

Holiday has pre-recorded live vocals in there, especially those autotune sounding 'holidaaaays' at the end which I'm pretty sure are mimed and not even mixed live.

Vogue is a pre-recorded live vocal for the most part. You can tell she's singing live along with it, but the lead vocal in the performance is never her live mic, and you can tell in person and on videos that her mouth and expressions don't match the sound at all.

19 minutes ago, scion said:

Well, the original vocals are pre-recorded vocals as they're not being performed live...

But I think I you mean Re-Recorded vocals, aka Pre-Recorded Live Vocals. Yes some songs do!

Into The Groove, it's a 50/50 mix between playback and live singing, if not actually louder playback generally than live singing in the mix on most shows.

Holiday has pre-recorded live vocals in there, especially those autotune sounding 'holidaaaays' at the end which I'm pretty sure are mimed and not even mixed live.

Vogue is a pre-recorded live vocal for the most part. You can tell she's singing live along with it, but the lead vocal in the performance is never her live mic, and you can tell in person and on videos that her mouth and expressions don't match the sound at all.

I do not agree with some points. 

In the verses of Into the Groove you can clearly hear her singing, the playback is not louder, definitely not in those parts. She also made mistakes during that part at some shows and her live vocals can be perfectly heard. And yes i mean Re-Recorded. Even if there are parts re recorded, she still sings live with them, i just wanted to know wich songs have Re-Recorded vocals for the tour. But you think this one has Re-Recorded vocals? 

And in Vogue the lead is definitely her live vocals on some nights. I agree some nights she let the backing track take the lead with this song. A great example are the Antwerpen shows 

In this video her live vocals are 100% the lead, those are not backing track vocals 

And in the other Antwerpen show she starts singing to late and also her live vocals can be perfectly heard once she start singing. 

And im not saying your not right about those songs have Re-Recorded vocals on the backing track... I just do not agree with the mime parts ( except the holidaaaay part)... To me the only mimed parts are everybody, Erotica and Justify my love... 

16 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

She also seemed to be lip synching to a degree in Toronto during Everybody, obviously singing over prerecorded vocals. 

Agree. Everybody is lipsync most of the time. Same as Erotica and Justify my love.  On all the other songs she sings live with a backing track 100%. But my question was if some of those backing tracks have Re-Recorded vocals, recorded just for this tour, because some definitely has the original album vocals as the backing vocals... 

50 minutes ago, scion said:

Since we both feel different about some points in curious about your take on the Celebration Tour in this post 

I gave it a shot a few weeks ago, im curious about yours... 

Again.. Im not asking what parts someone thinks she sings live or not. I asked if some of the backing track have new recorded vocals for this tour? Since some of them are original vocals and when she starts singing to late on some songs the backing vocals are mostly not that loud, so i can't realy tell wich songs have Re-Recorded vocals for the tour... 

For the live singing part I think we mostly agree she's singing along 80% of it... 

English is not my first language so it's sometimes hard for me to write what i mean... And Google translate doesnt always do a great job lol... 

9 hours ago, mirtillo said:

The work of this guy is amazing, his whole channel is full of the best editings I found on the internet about the tour, along with another new man, whose work is also incredible.

These are the links to both channels, they're really worth of all our attention and appreciation imo

https://www.youtube.com/@superaleeff9123/videos

https://www.youtube.com/@ErickInTheZone/videos

and here is one of the second guy's last videos. I mean, to get the quality just go to minute 00:35, the alternation of beautiful dancers shots and her sensual walk ...

36 minutes ago, scion said:

So, most Vogue performances sound nothing like in the Antwerp shows. Sure. I'm happy to do a post in that thread when I get time to think.

Sorry if my respond made me look like mister know it all, but my defence was about the parts you thought where mimed or where the playback was louder than the live singing.  In video's it all depends on where that person is recording.  

I just wanted to know if she recorded new vocals for the backing tapes on some songs... 

My english is sometimes not so good lol.. 

And about the Vogue performance, many video's do sound like that.  Not all of them, i agree that also many nights she let the backing track take the lead more in Vogue... 

20 minutes ago, stefo said:

The work of this guy is amazing, his whole channel is full of the best editings I found on the internet about the tour, along with another new man, whose work is also incredible.

These are the links to both channels, they're really worth of all our attention and appreciation imo

https://www.youtube.com/@superaleeff9123/videos

https://www.youtube.com/@ErickInTheZone/videos

and here is one of the second guy last videos, I mean, to get the quality just go to minute 00:35, the alternation of beautiful dancers shots and her sensual walk ...

Omg those channels are amazing, looks and sounds great 😍... 

love it 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic