The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

9 minutes ago, sara94 said:

Don't Tell Me 100% live. So impressive. I think this is the only time she sang it fully live on this tour

It's the same as always, its live every night. You can hear the backing track in the back. Its just a verry good spot + recording device wich recorded the vocals louder. There are more videos like this out there from different nights with different songs. Singing with a backing track is still singing live. It's the same as singing with background singers... 

4 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

It's the same as always, its live every night. You can hear the backing track in the back. Its just a verry good spot + recording device wich recorded the vocals louder. There are more videos like this out there from different nights with different songs. Singing with a backing track is still singing live. It's the same as singing with background singers... 

Right. The angles and positions really make a difference. 

2 minutes ago, sara94 said:

I always watch videos from different users from the same night because the spot that person is recording makes a HUGE difference this tour. I 100% agree with you on this. I said this so many times allready but a song from the same night, but from a different spot sounds so different. Some way more live than others... 

17 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

100%... 

But did you thought it was lipsync normaly?; Or do you mean singing it without a backing track? Or a lower backing track...

She sings this live every night since the beginning of the tour. 

No, I know she's singing over backing tracks. But i've seen so many performances where the backing tracks where louder than her. So this was the 1st time I've watched a DTM Performance where you could fully hear her

7 minutes ago, sara94 said:

No, I know she's singing over backing tracks. But i've seen so many performances where the backing tracks where louder than her. So this was the 1st time I've watched a DTM Performance where you could fully hear her

I can hear her on almost every date singing DTM .. A few examples 

Her live vocals have been much more prominent in recent concerts. The backing track has been pushed way back in the mix.  Her stamina has improved enormously too. It makes sense that she would take at least half a year or more to fully recover her strength and self-confidence, and by the time she landed in LA, she was there! She may have been preserving her voice, or her vocal cords might have been healing from a bout of winter sickness for the mid-tour dates. I was very pleasantly surprised by how much she pushed her vocals in LA, and she sounded good at all of the shows. 

5 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

Her live vocals have been much more prominent in recent concerts. The backing track has been pushed way back in the mix.  Her stamina has improved enormously too. It makes sense that she would take at least half a year or more to fully recover her strength and self-confidence, and by the time she landed in LA, she was there! She may have been preserving her voice, or her vocal cords might have been healing from a bout of winter sickness for the mid-tour dates. I was very pleasantly surprised by how much she pushed her vocals in LA, and she sounded good at all of the shows. 

I do not agree at all. Because in europe there are also MANY dates with prominent vocals. It's all about the spot where the person is recording in the arena, trust me. You guys really should watch more videos from different angles, you will be surprised how much of a difference it makes in prominent vocals...

I agree she sounds good in almost all LA dates. Normally her vocals gets worse by the end of the tour but i think she still sounds pretty good. But the best night vocally is London 18 Oct, followed by 17 and 15... 

Washington is great to vocally, same as Amsterdam and Antwerpen and Köln. We got so many good dates from this tour, there is no need for her team to re-work the vocals because they got many dates to choose from imo..

On 3/3/2024 at 9:01 AM, True Blue 84 said:

Some London Oct 18 videos, she sounds so good ... I think Oct 17 and 18 are some of the best vocally. 

even on Vogue you can hear her clearly at this data , its great 

I need this show in full 😍... Such a slay date 

Another one from Oct 18 in London. She is slaying Crazy for you and Don't tell me...

This user from above got the entire show and it's definitely one of the best nights... enjoy 

38 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

Listen to those videos above from early shows. Pretty prominent vocals there, and so are many more europe dates, and ofcourse also US..

C'me on guys, she didn't recognized Carlton, Luis and Kevin, I don't believe she really did :lol: I mean, at least a smile, a sign with her hand, a quick "hey guys" ... she used to call them "my children", had them in half of the Truth or Dare doc, she also used their images in this show during the ballroom number or the I don't search I find montage :smokey:

2 hours ago, sara94 said:

Don't Tell Me 100% live. So impressive. I think this is the only time she sang it fully live on this tour

2 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

2 hours ago, sara94 said:

2 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

100%... 

But did you thought it was lipsync normaly?; Or do you mean singing it without a backing track? Or a lower backing track...

She sings this live every night since the beginning of the tour. 

She's lipsynch ??? She's singing live ??? She's lipsynching over pre-recorded live vocals ??? She's singing live over a backing track ??? She's singing live or lipsynching depending on the spot you're at ????

Scared Chewing Gum GIF

Iiiiiiiiiiii don't synch... I mimmee..

200.gif

And on a serious note, we all know the show is mostly live. Vocal quality variable show to show. Early USA and last London shows her voice was bad. She sounded great in Los Angeles, and the first few London shows. It's Madonna, she's an entertainer but we all know no vocalist.

Peace out M fans.

2 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I know this has been discussed to gosh, literally the moon and back x infinity - but they all do it - even Taylor Swift - (sorry the one that shall not be named)

I mean they don't all do playback, Ms Minogue is entirely live in every concert. She will have a backing track on some choruses or for depth  but it's never ever that loud. Taylor I have no idea as she doesn't even register with my music tastes, but I do admire her.

Let's just be glad she isn't doing a Dolly and miming her entire concert.

7 minutes ago, scion said:

I mean they don't all do playback, Ms Minogue is entirely live in every concert. She will have a backing track on some choruses or for depth  but it's never ever that loud. Taylor I have no idea as she doesn't even register with my music tastes, but I do admire her.

Let's just be glad she isn't doing a Dolly and miming her entire concert.

Re Dolly, yes! lol - Miming 9 - 5, what a way to make al living! 

On 3/12/2024 at 8:10 AM, dave2290 said:

divineeeeee

7 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Minogue does not have backing track...that was the joke of the evening, right ? Have you at least seen her live for real and not on tv ? I did. Backing track. Full on.

11 times at my last count, including multiple front row. Maybe 12 times. Very very delicate backing track, it's only ever loud for Can't Get You Out Of My Head. The lead vocal is very much live start to finish and loud. She does however have two very prominent live backing singers who compliment her well.

3 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Re Dolly, yes! lol - Miming 9 - 5, what a way to make al living! 

😁

6 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

I do not agree at all. Because in europe there are also MANY dates with prominent vocals. It's all about the spot where the person is recording in the arena, trust me. You guys really should watch more videos from different angles, you will be surprised how much of a difference it makes in prominent vocals...

I agree she sounds good in almost all LA dates. Normally her vocals gets worse by the end of the tour but i think she still sounds pretty good. But the best night vocally is London 18 Oct, followed by 17 and 15... 

Washington is great to vocally, same as Amsterdam and Antwerpen and Köln. We got so many good dates from this tour, there is no need for her team to re-work the vocals because they got many dates to choose from imo..

Yes. I know your take. You have posted her London concert dates a multitude of times. I am not the enemy, I swear! I think she sounds great. I don't need to watch videos to justify my opinion, although I have watched footage of almost every date she has performed. I was at four of the LA shows and I attended two shows in NY. Her live voice is much louder in the mix currently than it was in NY in January, and from my assessment of multiple videos on dates prior to those and after, this was more often the case than not. The London shows were at the very beginning of the tour; her voice wasn't tired yet. It inevitably happens that she becomes hoarse on every tour. Additionally, she shouts a lot between her trying to reach those higher notes, particularly on Burning Up and yelling "rage" nightly in her Mother and Father rap. It isn't great for the vocal cords. She usually has sounded better when she has had a couple of nights off with the exception of the period when she was nursing a cold. This was different in LA because she performed five shows in a week, and yet her voice was strong with the exception of Saturday when she lost her upper range entirely and acknowledged it. 

2 hours ago, Alibaba said:

Yes. I know your take. You have posted her London concert dates a multitude of times. I am not the enemy, I swear! I think she sounds great. I don't need to watch videos to justify my opinion, although I have watched footage of almost every date she has performed. I was at four of the LA shows and I attended two shows in NY. Her live voice is much louder in the mix currently than it was in NY in January, and from my assessment of multiple videos on dates prior to those and after, this was more often the case than not. The London shows were at the very beginning of the tour; her voice wasn't tired yet. It inevitably happens that she becomes hoarse on every tour. Additionally, she shouts a lot between her trying to reach those higher notes, particularly on Burning Up and yelling "rage" nightly in her Mother and Father rap. It isn't great for the vocal cords. She usually has sounded better when she has had a couple of nights off with the exception of the period when she was nursing a cold. This was different in LA because she performed five shows in a week, and yet her voice was strong with the exception of Saturday when she lost her upper range entirely and acknowledged it. 

I posted the London dates as an example. Because those where really early. My point was, that many europe dates had prominent vocals just as loud, maybe even louder, than the LA dates.