Jump to content

Stuart Price Shares Sonic Secrets From Madonna’s Celebration Tour


Askeroff
 Share

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

It's not just some songs, she is singing live on all songs, backing track or not. You realy should watch more video's because she is singing verry loud and clear most of the time 

Read what I posted again. I never said she wasn't singing live. I just said, the backing tracks on some songs are heard more than her live vocals.  I have no doubt she's singing the songs live, but there are times such as during Erotica and even during Everybody you can hear the backing tracks more than her live vocals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I would love to meet Stuart Price. How does one meet him on the tour??

He’s in the sound desk. At Wednesdays show my Son got a selfie with him, shook his hand and had a chat. He’s seems very approachable and  willing to give you his time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2023 at 1:21 PM, Askeroff said:

 

Is it possible you and Madonna could be working on new music? 

You measure a working relationship not by the gaps between but by how easily you pick up again from when you left off. As soon as we started to work together on this tour, the shorthand was there. We were able to create productively. The key component of working together is “do you understand each other?” And musically, are you able to challenge as well? That’s how you get the 1 + 1 = 3 outcome. So, I’ve really enjoyed working together again. [laughs] :Madonna008:

Be Quick Time GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, McDonna said:

Read what I posted again. I never said she wasn't singing live. I just said, the backing tracks on some songs are heard more than her live vocals.  I have no doubt she's singing the songs live, but there are times such as during Erotica and even during Everybody you can hear the backing tracks more than her live vocals.

Yes, she's supported heavily by backing tracks and layers in some of the songs - while, Erotica/JML is completely mimed - Fever/Bad Girl completely live - it's a good mix - I think also NRM is live some nights and mimed other nights as confirmed by Drowendmadonna is their videos (the video of the second night indicating it was live that night). 

I have no issue with it BTW - I'm living for this tour! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Yes, she's supported heavily by backing tracks and layers in some of the songs - while, Erotica/JML is completely mimed - Fever/Bad Girl completely live - it's a good mix - I think also NRM is live some nights and mimed other nights as confirmed by Drowendmadonna is their videos (the video of the second night indicating it was live that night). 

I have no issue with it BTW - I'm living for this tour! 

Totally agree. She's heavily supported by Backing tracks on many songs.  I do think with NRM it is the same, but you can hear her live vocals, so it's obviously a great balance. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Totally - and realistically if she had back up singers they would usually do the heavy lifting - 

I agree!  There are songs like Erotic where she is purposely miming the more quieter vocals, but I am pretty sure she's still singing along on everything, you just can't hear her live vocals as much, depending on the songs.

That all being said, you definitely hear her singing live with ROL and that is a hard song to sing vocally. So over all, I am not really concerned by the fact she relies on backing tracks.  It might not be live and raw as it is with the WTG tour, but she still is singing and she still sounds great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I agree!  There are songs like Erotic where she is purposely miming the more quieter vocals, but I am pretty sure she's still singing along on everything, you just can't hear her live vocals as much, depending on the songs.

That all being said, you definitely hear her singing live with ROL and that is a hard song to sing vocally. So over all, I am not really concerned by the fact she relies on backing tracks.  It might not be live and raw as it is with the WTG tour, but she still is singing and she still sounds great.

All will be revealed in 2060 when the soudboard get's leaked :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MartinX said:

He’s in the sound desk. At Wednesdays show my Son got a selfie with him, shook his hand and had a chat. He’s seems very approachable and  willing to give you his time. 

 

8 hours ago, mickeyderon said:

The section we were seated in had the sound/mixing desk behind the seats. I saw him there , went up and told him how much of a fan I was and had a chat. He was happy to have selfie too as I got one with him and I know other fans have. 

 

thank you! If I don't chicken out, I'll try to say hi and thank him for his work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, McDonna said:

I agree!  There are songs like Erotic where she is purposely miming the more quieter vocals, but I am pretty sure she's still singing along on everything, you just can't hear her live vocals as much, depending on the songs.

That all being said, you definitely hear her singing live with ROL and that is a hard song to sing vocally. So over all, I am not really concerned by the fact she relies on backing tracks.  It might not be live and raw as it is with the WTG tour, but she still is singing and she still sounds great.

Agreeing 100 per cent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, and I know this may be controversial considering there've been some major major talents who've produced for her, but I think Stuart is probably the best musical collaborator she's had. His work on his 4 tours with her have been sublime, and they created one of her most incredible bodies of work together. He brings something really special out in her. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Future Lover said:

Honestly, and I know this may be controversial considering there've been some major major talents who've produced for her, but I think Stuart is probably the best musical collaborator she's had. His work on his 4 tours with her have been sublime, and they created one of her most incredible bodies of work together. He brings something really special out in her. 

I totally agree! I hope that they really do work together on a new album. Although the question is can they both create something magical once again? I don't mean that they have to repeat themselves and create another Confessions (which is impossible and Madonna wouldn't want that) but do they still have that chemistry and that mindset to create another great body of work together? I am asking myself this cause we know that it did not happen with William Orbit. We expected something unique and amazing like Ray of Light when they worked together again on MDNA but in the end we got something... let's say different :lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use