What is your favorite Like a Prayer performance of all time

True Blue 84

For some reason, it's always a song that works much better live when you're there seeing it than live recorded...

One of my faves is Live 8:

Which is basically the RIT version musically.

"MDNA Tour" version was good too.

And the new "Celebration Tour" version is amazing and hypnotic there in the show but that doesn't translate that much on video?

It's hard to explain.

I think I really enjoyed nearly every incarnation of the song she did live.  I think the ones that stand out to me are Blond Ambition, Live 8, Sticky and Sweet Tour and MDNA.  I also loved the versions she did occasionally on Rebel Heart Tour.  The one I like the least and I feel that really seemed she sucked the life out of the song is on Madame X Tour.

But I agree with what @Prayersaid, the song seems to transcends well when you are their live, experiencing the song.  It really helps when you have a crowd of 20,000 plus people singing along with her.  I really felt that the most when I saw her perform it on the MDNA tour.  The crowd was so great and it was the one song that you felt otherworldly.

46 minutes ago, stickersweeter said:

Mine is Sticky & Sweet Tour version. The audience singing along and jumping with the song in 2008 was something out of this world. :cry:

I bet my mum's favourite is from Re Invention Tour :fire:

33 minutes ago, pawn_shop_blues said:

S&S :fire:

23 minutes ago, Prayer said:

For some reason, it's always a song that works much better live when you're there seeing it than live recorded...

One of my faves is Live 8:

Which is basically the RIT version musically.

"MDNA Tour" version was good too.

And the new "Celebration Tour" version is amazing and hypnotic there in the show but that doesn't translate that much on video?

It's hard to explain.

12 minutes ago, Unruhe said:

Sticky and Sweet all the way. I kept myself spoiler free until the show and when it started I had no idea what song it was and when she started singing it melted my brain

9 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I think I really enjoyed nearly every incarnation of the song she did live.  I think the ones that stand out to me are Blond Ambition, Live 8, Sticky and Sweet Tour and MDNA.  I also loved the versions she did occasionally on Rebel Heart Tour.  The one I like the least and I feel that really seemed she sucked the life out of the song is on Madame X Tour.

But I agree with what @Prayersaid, the song seems to transcends well when you are their live, experiencing the song.  It really helps when you have a crowd of 20,000 plus people singing along with her.  I really felt that the most when I saw her perform it on the MDNA tour.  The crowd was so great and it was the one song that you felt otherworldly.

All of them are great yes... 

9 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I like allot of them, but eurovision is the one that reminds  me of the hardest time being a Madonna fan. The performance was not it, so i banned that out of my system lol...

2 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

I like allot of them, but eurovision is the one that reminds  me of the hardest time being a Madonna fan. The performance was not it, so i banned that out of my system lol...

I actually loved the Eurovision performance as well as when she performed it at the Met Gala.  

3 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

They wanted big classic party Madonna to help them and their image that year and they got... dark trap M doing her thing instead. xd

Not her best performance at all but I admire her balls there.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

They wanted big classic party Madonna to help them and their image that year and they got... dark trap M doing her thing instead. xd

The performance was o.k but those vocals still haunt me. Everytime madonna makes the news here in Holland they talk about eurovision some how, it anoys me. 

1 minute ago, True Blue 84 said:

The performance was o.k but those vocals still haunt me. Everytime madonna makes the news here in Holland they talk about eurovision some how, it anoys me. 

I honestly think there was something weird going on there, like she couldn't hear herself properly, or bad live autotune plus nerves, etc. Technically it was a mess.

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Yeah, I agree many were looking for a more "classic party" theme from her, but as in usual Madonna fashion, she does what is unexpected.  Much like her current tour.  Many thought this was going to be one huge party of her biggest hits, when instead she dove deeper with it.  Just another reason why I am a huge fan of this woman. 

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I honestly think there was something weird going on there, like she couldn't hear herself properly, or bad live autotune plus nerves, etc. Technically it was a mess.

Yeah, I believe they simply had her vocals set on the autotune for the next song and that's why she sounded like that.  Once they went in and removed after the fact, I believe those were her true vocals.  But we've had this debate before.  What's done was done.  I nearly forgot about that performance until Trueblue84 brought it up.  Fans tend to make a bigger deal about things than most anyway. 

55 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

I love most of them the about the same, spectacular renditions 

I truly like the RIT version, it brought a certain warmth to the arena in that moment, I know it’s not a fan favorite

I do like all the Eurovision performances yes including Future. A little dark and gloomy in the beginning but very Madonna, I guess it failed to bring the joyful mystic ecstasy out it usually brings in that perf.