B-side appreciation

Honey Little

Supernatural is one of my favorites. 

I love Let Down Your Guard, I imagine a geisha in a Chinese massage parlor falling in love with a tennis lesbian who is a regular client.

I love Ain’t No Big Deal

Cyberagga is delicious and genius.

History is good too.

4 hours ago, Honey Little said:

I love Let Down Your Guard, I imagine a geisha in a Chinese massage parlor falling in love with a tennis lesbian who is a regular client.

I love Ain’t No Big Deal

History is good too.

if you practice ashtanga yoga.... cyberagga is very much appreciated.

12 hours ago, Honey Little said:

I love Ain’t No Big Deal

History is good too.

Geisha is referring to female performing artist in Japan.

It's not a Chinese Culture thingy and they dun provide massage service.

On 11/14/2023 at 8:57 PM, PrinceAli89 said:

Oh got ya! 😉 I’m sorry, I’m still learning mor and more about Madonna’s catalog everyday! 😅

You'd be surprised with the versions for both actually intended to feature on original COADF.

It's not hard to find 'em here or on YouTube anyway, just look for "History (Land of the Free)" and "Superpop (2000 Demo)."

Btw, they're my favourite versions too. Their ejection from COADF much likely due to their rawness makes me hate Mrs Ritchie era even more.

OT: I really hope Rhino does the good work here and make Let Down Your Guard available on streamings somehow in a near future day!!!

15 hours ago, Anapausis said:

You'd be surprised with the versions for both actually intended to feature on original COADF.

It's not hard to find 'em here or on YouTube anyway, just look for "History (Land of the Free)" and "Superpop (2000 Demo)."

Btw, they're my favourite versions too. Their ejection from COADF much likely due to their rawness makes me hate Mrs Ritchie era even more.

OT: I really hope Rhino does the good work here and make Let Down Your Guard available on streamings somehow in a near future day!!!

Thank you for the info!!! I’ll have to listen to those. 

I think the B-Sides are most of the time chosen right, as they tend to not be as strong as most of the songs from the albums they were recorded for.

-Ain't No Big Deal is my least favorite track released from the first album era.

-Supernatural is ok, better than Love Song for me at least, but I don't come back often to it.

-Let Down Your Guard is worse than all the tracks that made the album, but being a rough edit, it doesn't help.

-Has to Be is actually good, I like it better than some of the tracks released on Ray of Light (namely Little Star, Candy Perfume Girl, Shanti and even Mer Girl). I know it was a last minute decision to replace it with To Have and Not to Hold, but both deserved a spot on the record. Oh well, at least it's on the japanese version.

-I never liked Cyber-Raga, it's probably my least favorite song from the era and that includes the unreleased songs too. It's way too overproduced for me.

-History is ok and better to have it this way than not having it at all but most of us will agree that the demo version was way better than the version released, which feels more like a remix. As it is, it's probably worse than the other released tracks of Confessions besides maybe Super Pop.