Tour DVD Filming 2024 Dates

stancherry

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t recall that problem with Madame X so we might be ok this time.

Because the shows didn't had a camera set-up for a live feed so there wasn't that many source material (even studio re-shoots were needed). Still she choosed atrocious footage for the beer bitch and the photo segment.

5 hours ago, Clark_Kent said:

Because the shows didn't had a camera set-up for a live feed so there wasn't that many source material (even studio re-shoots were needed). Still she choosed atrocious footage for the beer bitch and the photo segment.

I agree I think it was more limited in terms of the source material she could chose from but still think several shows were filmed and mixed together plus clips filmed for instagram on a phone.  I think several dates in Lisbon and Paris were filmed and there was footage used from the Pride performance too at least in Vogue and they mixed in audience shots from Rebel Heart and MDNA I think not even using the audience in some places from the same tour lol  I noticed her hair kept changing in Vogue and IDSIF from wearing a wig to no wig and the eye patch in human nature was on for one frame and the next frame was off and then back on again. The footage from the beer bitch I am guessing was shot on a mobile phone and then used for the official filming of it as the quality was so poor - then you have the re-shoots 12 months after the tour ended and was quite obvious which parts were re-shot a year after the tour ended I think mainly Frozen and Future - I thought Madame X wasn't edited any better really than Rebel Heart and MDNA. This style of editing just makes it so hard to watch and you lose the feeling like you are watching a film of a live show and even harder to watch and feel like you are there watching it in person 

23 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

I agree I think it was more limited in terms of the source material she could chose from but still think several shows were filmed and mixed together plus clips filmed for instagram on a phone.  I think several dates in Lisbon and Paris were filmed and there was footage used from the Pride performance too at least in Vogue and they mixed in audience shots from Rebel Heart and MDNA I think not even using the audience in some places from the same tour lol  I noticed her hair kept changing in Vogue and IDSIF from wearing a wig to no wig and the eye patch in human nature was on for one frame and the next frame was off and then back on again. The footage from the beer bitch I am guessing was shot on a mobile phone and then used for the official filming of it as the quality was so poor - then you have the re-shoots 12 months after the tour ended and was quite obvious which parts were re-shot a year after the tour ended I think mainly Frozen and Future - I thought Madame X wasn't edited any better really than Rebel Heart and MDNA. This style of editing just makes it so hard to watch and you lose the feeling like you are watching a film of a live show and even harder to watch and feel like you are there watching it in person 

The film crew filmed the Lisbon dress rehearsal (general and on stage) and the first two Lisbon shows. Reshots were mainly for God Control, Frozen and Future because she didn't liked the action happening behind the curtain. The rest is from regular cameras and phones, and still with so tight footage material she managed to screw the film and continuity.

6 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

and they mixed in audience shots from Rebel Heart and MDNA I think not even using the audience in some places from the same tour lol  

Yes. My friend was supposed to travel to Paris with me to see her but in the end she decided not to go. But when we all watched the filmed version we saw her in the audience :laughing:

5 hours ago, Clark_Kent said:

The film crew filmed the Lisbon dress rehearsal (general and on stage) and the first two Lisbon shows. Reshots were mainly for God Control, Frozen and Future because she didn't liked the action happening behind the curtain. The rest is from regular cameras and phones, and still with so tight footage material she managed to screw the film and continuity.

They also filmed stuff in Paris

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Yes. My friend was supposed to travel to Paris with me to see her but in the end she decided not to go. But when we all watched the filmed version we saw her in the audience :laughing:

I had friends from Sydney who saw themselves in the MX film despite not seeing the tour lol

17 hours ago, Clark_Kent said:

Maybe she will be like a kid in a sweet store if she edits this film herself and wants to pull from all the available footage filmed for the screens with so many cameras in place filming each show - it could take about 3 years to work through all the material to edit it considering how long Madame X took with more limited choice on footage to use

LA and Mexico seem to be the most likely candidates for a proper filming, but I do think we're going to see some stuff thrown in from other shows. Yes, they're mainly for the screens, but that footage is all saved and archived and that jib that's present at the center square  at the end of the two main stage arms provides them with very good shots to use for inserts. 

On 2/16/2024 at 5:01 PM, dankpepe said:

If it's multiple cities, I'm sure the streaming version of Vogue will cut between various corsets as her editor will act like it's all filmed on the same night. Same goes with how her hair color and length has changed in the first section.

On 2/16/2024 at 5:04 PM, MDNA22 said:

I wish if they filmed in multiple cities they keep each song to 1 city/venue whichever show it was performed best on rather than changing from frame to frame is makes it so hard to watch and comes across as fake and you lose that feeling like you watching a live show.  Drowned World filming was great aside that the picture could have been sharper as was no noticeable cuts from different nights

This format actually can be beautiful if a talented editor is doing it. Beyonce's Renaissance film is pulled from various shows and the transitions between the various outfits that changed night to night are genuinely mind blowing in the way they're presented. Artistic, smooth, and jaw dropping. 

The problem with M is that...well history has shown that she doesn't edit like that, and it can absolutely look bad if it's not edited in the way Beyonce and her editors chose to do Renaissance. 

1 hour ago, Future Lover said:

LA and Mexico seem to be the most likely candidates for a proper filming, but I do think we're going to see some stuff thrown in from other shows. Yes, they're mainly for the screens, but that footage is all saved and archived and that jib that's present at the center square  at the end of the two main stage arms provides them with very good shots to use for inserts. 

Yes exactly, there’s a lot of camera work in the actual show that will be usable. If they film LA there is just no way they’d use footage of her saying “hello Los Angeles.” :laughing: 

59 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

This format actually can be beautiful if a talented editor is doing it. Beyonce's Renaissance film is pulled from various shows and the transitions between the various outfits that changed night to night are genuinely mind blowing in the way they're presented. Artistic, smooth, and jaw dropping. 

The problem with M is that...well history has shown that she doesn't edit like that, and it can absolutely look bad if it's not edited in the way Beyonce and her editors chose to do Renaissance. 

Haven’t seen the Beyonce film but I loved the way they did Like a Virgin on RHT.

MDNAT of course was crap but I think that was not planned that way.

On 2/17/2024 at 4:28 PM, Clark_Kent said:

Can anyone provide screenshots of those exact takes in God Control, please? I am unable to identify what the 2021 shots are :thinker: What I've noticed is that she is wearing a different jacket in one brief scene.

I think LA and Miami are current biggest contenders for filming (and then adding select moments from other cities) because of the amount of multiple dates (5 in La and 3 in mia) at the same venue gives her crew the ability to setup and maintain any additional cameras and lighting they want. She has 5 nights at the LA Forum and she knows that place  inside  and out since it was her rehearsal space for a few tours. 

On 2/17/2024 at 12:07 PM, Blue Jean said:

Considering New York was not filmed I think the most likely scenarios would be Miami or Mexico. They could probably do a mix of both. Mexico would be good for the crowd shots as they will be the most lively. They need to make a no phone policy for the filming though.

I don't think this can be easily enforced in a larger arena... not impossible, but it's not necessary either... for I Will Survive Madonna regularly asks for the audience to switch on their phone lights

6 hours ago, madgefan said:

Can anyone provide screenshots of those exact takes in God Control, please? I am unable to identify what the 2021 shots are :thinker: What I've noticed is that she is wearing a different jacket in one brief scene.

New part is at the beginning when she's behind the curtain, with the flag, until "this is your wake up call, I'm like your nightmare, I'm here to start your day" and the curtain goes up.

20 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

It’s possible that she will skip filming this tour. There is no tour program either. Maybe SHE sees it as just a quick cash grab and she just wants to move on and get it over with.

I don't think so. It was more about winning back the fans. And it worked.

I *will* laugh if she doesn't release it though. Celebrating 40 years of fan meltdowns :laughing:

On 2/21/2024 at 3:25 PM, Magic Pussy said:

I think LA and Miami are current biggest contenders for filming (and then adding select moments from other cities) because of the amount of multiple dates (5 in La and 3 in mia) at the same venue gives her crew the ability to setup and maintain any additional cameras and lighting they want. She has 5 nights at the LA Forum and she knows that place  inside  and out since it was her rehearsal space for a few tours. 

Mexico 🇲🇽 arriba arriba ándale speedy Gonzalez! 🐭🌶️

She also has 5 nights in Mex City and she’s not performing 5 nights at the LA Forum but the Kia Center. That’s nothing to do with knowing the place and filming though 

37 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Mexico 🇲🇽 arriba arriba ándale speedy Gonzalez! 🐭🌶️

She also has 5 nights in Mex City and she’s not performing 5 nights at the LA Forum but the Kia Center. That’s nothing to do with knowing the place and filming though 

Yes, Mex city a great contender and a beautiful city. The LA Forum and Kia Forum are the same building, it’s currently named KIA since they purchased the naming rights in 2022. Similarly, her original LA 2023 fall dates at the Crypto.com arena most Angelenos know as it’s original name, The Staples Center. Madonna spent weeks rehearsing for the reinvention tour and the confessions tour at the LA Forum.

Edited by Magic Pussy (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

Yes, Mex city a great contender and a beautiful city. The LA Forum and Kia Forum are the same building, it’s currently named KIA since they purchased the naming rights in 2022. Similarly, her original LA 2023 fall dates at the Crypto.com arena most Angelenos know as it’s original name, The Staples Center. Madonna spent weeks rehearsing for the reinvention tour and the confessions tour at the LA Forum.

Ohhhh I thought they built a newer venue. Thanks 🙏🏼 

I don’t think knowing the venue means anything. She has filmed in many different venues. LA is also a boring place. I really expect she’ll film in Mexico. The audience will be the most lively. And she can give a speech about Frida Khalo :laughing: 

And maybe she will also sing Spanish Lesson acoustic instead of Express Yourself just to piss us all off?