Madonna sued for ‘false advertising’ after starting Brooklyn concerts 2 hours late

Askeroff

While I wouldn't want to sue an artist I admire, I understand their frustration. This isn't even a delay with Madonna and other artists, it seems to be the standard to come on the stage much later than anticipated. However, if there are no warmup acts and they're just waiting for hours, it is false advertising. For those who say take the next day off of work, well, not everyone has the luxury to miss a day of work. Also, I'm sure many fans have families and children to look after. Maybe some had a babysitter for the night, maybe some traveled from another county or from out of state and if the concert is delayed they are now stuck in the city until morning if they missed the last train or bus. They will have to scramble and find a place to spend the night. The point is if people spend their hard-earned money to see you perform, the least you can do is respect their time and be on time. A 15-30 minute delay is not so bad but hours late is pushing it. Not all fans will be bothered by Madonna being late especially if she puts on a great show but if I don't blame those who are upset.

9 minutes ago, Vogue Italia said:

While I wouldn't want to sue an artist I admire, I understand their frustration. This isn't even a delay with Madonna and other artists, it seems to be the standard to come on the stage much later than anticipated. However, if there are no warmup acts and they're just waiting for hours, it is false advertising. For those who say take the next day off of work, well, not everyone has the luxury to miss a day of work. Also, I'm sure many fans have families and children to look after. Maybe some had a babysitter for the night, maybe some traveled from another county or from out of state and if the concert is delayed they are now stuck in the city until morning if they missed the last train or bus. They will have to scramble and find a place to spend the night. The point is if people spend their hard-earned money to see you perform, the least you can do is respect their time and be on time. A 15-30 minute delay is not so bad but hours late is pushing it. Not all fans will be bothered by Madonna being late especially if she puts on a great show but if I don't blame those who are upset.

This is truth dear .... Not everyone can miss a day of work or family, but he sue for obtain what? He put thousands dollars in lawyers for 200-300 dollar  concert ticket? There is something more.... A bit of fame? Money? Tons of money?

3 hours ago, McDonna said:

Who cares?  Of course, you are going to find people at this forum invested in defending her.  It's called being a fan. It's weird you're trying to shame people for that.  It's pretty clear most fans here see suing her for this is quite ridiculous.

That isn't being a fan, that's being obsessive and it's unhealthy..being a fan is appreciating her art. Some here it's almost creepy as they're beyond obsessed. If you spend so much of your time defending a woman you don't know to obsessive level, and can't tolerate the varying options of others that isn't healthy... It's actually pretty pathetic and certainly pretty sad.

When the tour was announced I was hoping they would just print 22:00 on the ticket to avoid the controversy. 

But anyone who buys a ticket to a Madonna show should know that she won't start before 22:00. Like, she is FAMOUS for it. How many times has it made headlines? How can you like Madonna and never heard of this? Do you live under a rock?

I'm not saying Madonna is right for starting late but how do you go see her in 2024 and not know she will be late.

6 hours ago, scion said:

And then there goes the predictable McDonna laugh reaction because he has nothing of any actual intelligence to say...

I laugh because you prefer to continue to insult and shame people for defending Madonna.  If anyone is being "predictable" it is you. This very post is proof of that.  I actually offered a respectful and civil response to you, but you continue to come back and insult!  Therefore, this will be my last response to you. Have the last word, if you must. I won't read! :)

6 hours ago, dave2290 said:

This is truth dear .... Not everyone can miss a day of work or family, but he sue for obtain what? He put thousands dollars in lawyers for 200-300 dollar  concert ticket? There is something more.... A bit of fame? Money? Tons of money?

Some people sue to make a statement, for the principle of the matter.

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

When the tour was announced I was hoping they would just print 22:00 on the ticket to avoid the controversy. 

But anyone who buys a ticket to a Madonna show should know that she won't start before 22:00. Like, she is FAMOUS for it. How many times has it made headlines? How can you like Madonna and never heard of this? Do you live under a rock?

I'm not saying Madonna is right for starting late but how do you go see her in 2024 and not know she will be late.

I actually agree with this. What's different with The Celebration Tour, that I can see justification for the fact the tickets do not say "Madonna will take the stage at a certain time", just the show starts at a certain time?  And guess what?  Her shows starts with a DJ opening.  Anyone can easily google when she takes the stage. So if they want to skip the opening DJ act, they can.  As long I recall most concerts don't specify the exact time the major act takes the stage, especially with an opening act.

15 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Admins and mods, please take this request of mine VERY SERIOUSLY: bring TeamMadonna member back to Infinity!!! More than ever, we need their popcorn diet tirades back!!! WE NEED ONLY GOOD VIBES HERE!!! LET THE BAD THINGS OUTSIDE OF INFINITY!!! Right piojitx @Honey Little????

#WeAreFamily #ItsAFamilyAffair

Who me 😂

8 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

We love you!!!!!

awww 🥰 I haven’t posted in like 60 years. I just became a lurker lol. Thought I was forgotten 🤣  Didn’t even realize I posted tirades like that either @Anapausis!!!!

ANYWAYS: I’m seeing Madonna in three days in Philly so yay to that. I really can’t say much about this lawsuit that already hasn’t been stated previously. The math ain’t mathing. These two queens already saw her three times before even making a big deal out of this just to sue for false advertisement a month later…wtf? I know so many fans want Madonna to be on time for her shows. And as great as that would be, its not happening. Get over it.

Anyone remember that quote she made twelve years back before the superbowl?

So start saving your pennies now," she said. "People spend $300 on crazy things all the time, things like handbags. So work all year, scrape the money together, and come to my show. I'm worth it."

I don’t care how late she is. Shes worth it everytime and those two suckers know it! 

2 hours ago, Team Madonna said:

awww 🥰 I haven’t posted in like 60 years. I just became a lurker lol. Thought I was forgotten 🤣  Didn’t even realize I posted tirades like that either @Anapausis!!!!

ANYWAYS: I’m seeing Madonna in three days in Philly so yay to that. I really can’t say much about this lawsuit that already hasn’t been stated previously. The math ain’t mathing. These two queens already saw her three times before even making a big deal out of this just to sue for false advertisement a month later…wtf? I know so many fans want Madonna to be on time for her shows. And as great as that would be, its not happening. Get over it.

Anyone remember that quote she made twelve years back before the superbowl?

So start saving your pennies now," she said. "People spend $300 on crazy things all the time, things like handbags. So work all year, scrape the money together, and come to my show. I'm worth it."

I don’t care how late she is. Shes worth it everytime and those two suckers know it! 

So welcome back dear!!!!!

On 1/21/2024 at 8:17 AM, scion said:

You feel sorry for her?

This has absolutely nothing to do with her 'problems'. She's been doing it for over a decade, its a total dick move. Virtually every other artist manages to be on time on average.

As much as I love the show, and I was quite happy with a late starting show as I had hotels booked, I hope she loses the lawsuit and it has an impact on her behaviour moving forward, or Live Nation comes down hard on her. It's not fair that people are not able to see a full show they've paid hundreds to see because M wants to start half an hour before the last trains. It's a joke. It doesn't affect her but it affects the audience and it's entirely disrespectful.

I just think its strange. It never was like that. I think it started around confessions or sticky and sweet. Usually Madonna was maybe 15 mins to half an hour but not 2 hours.

18 hours ago, scion said:

That isn't being a fan, that's being obsessive and it's unhealthy..being a fan is appreciating her art. Some here it's almost creepy as they're beyond obsessed. If you spend so much of your time defending a woman you don't know to obsessive level, and can't tolerate the varying options of others that isn't healthy... It's actually pretty pathetic and certainly pretty sad.

Let me tell you that I totally agree with most of your posts on this topic. Apparently we are the only fans who do not let ourselves be carried away by the subjectivity of fanaticism and we will always put our dignity above all things, rejecting any type of abuse or mistreatment, no matter who it comes from.

Regarding the lawsuit, Madonna will have to prove that these repetitive delays are due to technical aspects (something unlikely in my opinion) and not due to disinterest towards her audience or a certain diva attitude. It will be of no use to Madonna to argue the presence of opening acts in her defense because the person who appears on the posters is Madonna and no one else. Much less use those pathetic arguments that attendees should already know about her reputation for being late or why they are going to see her if they don't like waiting. Fortunately, at the trial only objective arguments will be presented by both parties and only the judge will have the last word. Because laws were created for a reason if not precisely to defend the rights of any person who feels that they have been violated at any time. And we all have the right to go to them without having to be stoned for it.

On 1/22/2024 at 5:07 AM, scion said:

Hear, hear. So gross.

It’s pretty absurd suing Madonna over this and I hope it goes nowhere because they seem like an attention seeker.

However the comments she’s getting online are overwhelmingly negative. And that is mostly not from haters but people who actually attended and were annoyed by it. It is only the hardcore fans like us defending her. I do think she should manage to get on stage by 10 at the very latest. Yes it’s been going on a long time but it has hurt her touring reputation.

49 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

2 i always love M sense of humour..... Sometimes very italian.... i remember when M say she will give a bj for everyone who will vote Joe biden (or  was Hillary Clinton?) think if someone sue her for false advertisting that time.....

Oh My God Reaction GIF

Hillary. Madonna was a guest to Amy Schumer's standup presentation as an exchange gift for Schumer opening the New York City concerts for Rebel Heart Tour.