The Donna and Niki Thread

RUADJAI

I understand why M picked up her longtime fan Kelly Ripa for ballroom judge instead of the #LovelyGals.

Kelly needed her time to shine as a devoted M stan and also to comment to her appearance at her morning show.

So I honestly believe M is saving Niki and Donna for Vogue guests at a later date where everything makes sense - maybe to some of Austin dates when US tour is wrapped???

I don't believe at this point M would still get bad blood to them - if she has forgiven her baby bro who did much worse than calling her tour Regurgitation and telling she was selling her soul to some Jews - esp because Niki has apologized since for such clowneries.

Donna criticized also Kabbalah and MDNA Tour - but isn't kippur/slicha a commitment to Kabbalists? The principle of metadidomi/perdonare came to Greek-Roman cultures through Judaism. To forgive is the basic principle of love - and how to live in a society.

"Love is understanding, I believe in the power of love" - well, love is to forgive.

It's no good for those who make shine their Light to be refractary to Forgiveness.

This is Kabbalah 101, btw.

3 hours ago, Anapausis said:

I understand why M picked up her longtime fan Kelly Ripa for ballroom judge instead of the #LovelyGals.

Kelly needed her time to shine as a devoted M stan and also to comment to her appearance at her morning show.

So I honestly believe M is saving Niki and Donna for Vogue guests at a later date where everything makes sense - maybe to some of Austin dates when US tour is wrapped???

I don't believe at this point M would still get bad blood to them - if she has forgiven her baby bro who did much worse than calling her tour Regurgitation and telling she was selling her soul to some Jews - esp because Niki has apologized since for such clowneries.

Donna criticized also Kabbalah and MDNA Tour - but isn't kippur/slicha a commitment to Kabbalists? The principle of metadidomi/perdonare came to Greek-Roman cultures through Judaism. To forgive is the basic principle of love - and how to live in a society.

"Love is understanding, I believe in the power of love" - well, love is to forgive.

It's no good for those who make shine their Light to be refractary to Forgiveness.

This is Kabbalah 101, btw.

IMG_3408.jpeg.6679dabf801ecf4311af62225aedd3b4.jpeg

I am just joking with you my Brazilian Luvable.

53 minutes ago, itzjak said:

Nah, I'm waiting for the Monte Pittman thead or Stuart Price or the Siedah Garret and Erika Bell thread

Honestly, alot of these people deserve their own threads. I was trying to figure out the first time Niki and Donna recorded with her earlier today, looking through wiki and Discogs and I saw that Siedah Garret recorded vocals on True Blue... I had no idea they already knew each other before Reinvention. 

like i say in another post, in another thread, id like to have niki and donna like judges in Vogue..... but at the end, we dont know nothing about what really happened between them...... so in just happy to have see them in other tours..... one of the most iconic the Blond ambition tour.... and have see the amazing bonds between them...... to have see the real woman power........ they give us amazing memories and Tours..... amazing performance who make the history of pop music and pop culture.......... so thank you!!!!

Always found it a bit odd that M didn't do any work for Niki to help her career. No songs written or direction when arguably Niki could have been a huge star. She obviously had ambitions despite what she said as the Snap thing really took off for her. You'd have thought Niki would have been one of her first Maverick signings.

9 hours ago, steady75 said:

Always found it a bit odd that M didn't do any work for Niki to help her career. No songs written or direction when arguably Niki could have been a huge star. She obviously had ambitions despite what she said as the Snap thing really took off for her. You'd have thought Niki would have been one of her first Maverick signings.

Perhaps Maverick wasn't jazz enough for Niki... :silly: In all seriousness though, I get the impression Maverick predominantly signed artists who wrote their own material (Alanis, Michelle Branch, Meshell Ndegeocello, Cleopatra, Deftones, etc). Don't think Niki has done any songwriting, unless I'm mistaken. Her tracks with Snap! are bangers however. 

2 hours ago, kesiak said:

Perhaps Maverick wasn't jazz enough for Niki... :silly: In all seriousness though, I get the impression Maverick predominantly signed artists who wrote their own material (Alanis, Michelle Branch, Meshell Ndegeocello, Cleopatra, Deftones, etc). Don't think Niki has done any songwriting, unless I'm mistaken. Her tracks with Snap! are bangers however. 

Always loved this! And of course Deftones and many other Maverick artists.