Damien Fahey speaks of interviewing Madonna

The story stars in around the 37 minute mark of the video.  Though I tried to watch a little more of it just to have context.

I remember Damien a little as host of TRL on MTV.  He was like really young back then and came right after Carson Daly.

I kind of remember this interview he speaks of where he interviewed her.  It was interesting though per him she through a hissy fit that it wasn't Carson Daly interviewing her and was ready to leave before being talked into introducing himself to her prior to the interview.  

I liked the story though.  He was a pretty easy going guy I recall back then and still seems like a nice guy.  So yeah even though all he seemed to talk about was how nervous M made him, I could see why she would like him.

36 minutes ago, McDonna said:

She can be such a Jekyll and Hyde.  LOL!  So bitchy at first, but then ended up being kind to him when she actually met with him.  Pretty cool story. 

I watched some of the rest of the interview and it seems Damien is a fairly humble guy in general.  Like he was going to take way less money for that TRL job unless Carson Daly gave him guidance on what to ask for.  

Even with that Madonna interview I think he's selling his skills short a little.  I can definitely see her saying Fuck This to the interview if she didn't like him.  

I wouldn't call myself a fan of his but he seems a good egg. 

3 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Yup… She got her way. John Noris did the actual interview in the end.

Aah still Damien got to interview her later on on the show.

And who knows I might be projecting here but maybe even Madonna learning something from him younger guys could be a lot more easier to handle/deal with than the Guy Ritchie's/Sean Penn's of the world.  My ultimate sexual fantasy was being owned by M Rebecca Carlson style.  

On 3/3/2024 at 3:21 PM, Blue Skies said:

The story stars in around the 37 minute mark of the video.  Though I tried to watch a little more of it just to have context.

I remember Damien a little as host of TRL on MTV.  He was like really young back then and came right after Carson Daly.

I kind of remember this interview he speaks of where he interviewed her.  It was interesting though per him she through a hissy fit that it wasn't Carson Daly interviewing her and was ready to leave before being talked into introducing himself to her prior to the interview.  

I liked the story though.  He was a pretty easy going guy I recall back then and still seems like a nice guy.  So yeah even though all he seemed to talk about was how nervous M made him, I could see why she would like him.

Damien went to high school in the town next to mine in Western Massachusetts. People I knew at his school said he was quiet back in high school - not in the popular crowd. The redheaded girl (Meghan Fahy - no relation to Damien) from The White Lotus season 2 went to the same high school as him (years later). 

6 hours ago, adirondak said:

Damien went to high school in the town next to mine in Western Massachusetts. People I knew at his school said he was quiet back in high school - not in the popular crowd. The redheaded girl (Meghan Fahy - no relation to Damien) from The White Lotus season 2 went to the same high school as him (years later). 

Yeah I watched a bit of the podcast besides when he talked about M

It seemed a lot of the reason he got into the industry was to have a voice after not being popular growing up.  

TRL I always kind of thought was a silly show but Damien seems a humble likeable guy.