Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced

3 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

Nothing is ever free - and wonder if this 'free' concert could be a promo for a second leg of the tour 6 months later like she did with S&S and the recording was broadcast on the night of the start of the second leg? Or a promo really for re-release of the Celebration hits album or to convince studios the interest is there to go ahead with the biopic film?

It's free for the audience attending - and not really cause politicians are paying millions to her to do this with people's tax money (plus the big fat check from the bank sponsor I guess).

So that's the only "free" part, that people don't have to purchase a ticket.

Of course if it all goes well is massive exposure and promo for her as well - and if it doesn't she stills gets the money, see: Eurovision 2019.

7 hours ago, Lucas B. said:

Oh guys, I hope that's not real... bitch I already asked to have days 3 and 4 off-work and already bought a fucking shirt with the 4th written of it

https://x.com/SiteMadonnaBR/status/1771677780155011570?s=20

https://x.com/rafalusca/status/1771687580108505194?s=20

Fuck I don't know how to insert twitter/x posts here, but it says that on Deezer there's the info that the concert will be held on the 3th and also a guy said that Copacaba Palace is already available for booking on the 5th and 6th (so she probably will check-out on the 4th)

It's on my birthday! :lord:

21 minutes ago, remixed224 said:

It's on my birthday! :lord:

Is ur bday the May 3 too??? Interesting, I only thought Nana Gouvea, Bruno Mazzeo and Carlinhos Cachoeira (well James Brown's not anymore w/ us so) shared my bday!

May 3's such an emblematic date: when originally people thought Brazil was "discovered," the International Day for Freedom of Press...

56 minutes ago, scallywally said:

I was mixing in one of her songs. Im not a bloody racist thanks. Quite the opposite. Read the room. 

Hello dear.

First of all, I do believe that it was not your intention to be racist with your comment, so I'm not here to fight :)

But, as a Brazilian myself, I think it's better to explain to you (and to the rest of the people here in the forum who are not Brazilian) why the use of the word "banana(s)" in conversations where Brazil is in the context may sound racist to us, even if it is unintentionally :cute:

One of the most common ways to be racist against a Brazilian person is to call him/her "monkey", because we are both a tropical country and a country where more than half of the population is black. It's not difficult to see/hear/watch soccer fans from Europe, or even from other countries in South America, calling Brazilian soccer players "monkey" or even throwing bananas into the field towards them during the matches, for example. If you Google a bit, you will find news about such cases pretty easily. It's the way that racists found to be racist against us without using a word :sad:

When I read your comment, I realized that you were making a pun with the song "I'm Going Bananas" (am I right?), because I'm a Madonna's fan and I know the song. But if you were here in Brazil and used such pun outside the fanbase community, you would probably be accused of being racist :stare:

So I advise you to be more careful with the words "banana(s)", "monkey(s)" and similar ones when talking about Brazil and/or to Brazilian people, because it might sound racist to the person you're talking to, even if it was not your intention :angel:

1 hour ago, karlafalves said:

Hello dear.

First of all, I do believe that it was not your intention to be racist with your comment, so I'm not here to fight :)

But, as a Brazilian myself, I think it's better to explain to you (and to the rest of the people here in the forum who are not Brazilian) why the use of the word "banana(s)" in conversations where Brazil is in the context may sound racist to us, even if it is unintentionally :cute:

One of the most common ways to be racist against a Brazilian person is to call him/her "monkey", because we are both a tropical country and a country where more than half of the population is black. It's not difficult to see/hear/watch soccer fans from Europe, or even from other countries in South America, calling Brazilian soccer players "monkey" or even throwing bananas into the field towards them during the matches, for example. If you Google a bit, you will find news about such cases pretty easily. It's the way that racists found to be racist against us without using a word :sad:

When I read the comment, I realized that you were making a pun with the song "I'm Going Bananas" (am I right?), because I'm a Madonna's fan and I know the song. But if you were here in Brazil and used such pun outside the fanbase community, you would probably be accused of being racist :stare:

So I advise you to be more careful with the words "banana(s)", "monkey(s)" and similar ones when talking about Brazil and/or to Brazilian people, because it might sound racist to the person you're talking to, even if it was not your intention :angel:

Thanks and I already knew that but my total intention was 'Im going bananas' as the song and were on a Madonna forum so presumed everyone would know what I meant. 

We in the UK in the past have had Black football players thrown bananas at which makes us feel sick about having such sad idiots. Iv had no intention of putting that across at all. I didnt expect anybody on a Madonna forum who knows her music to connect with the negative side unless they were looking for trouble Obviously it was brought up and aimed stupidly at me that what I typed was racist so I responded bluntly. Crossed wires. Not harm intended WHATSOVER. Im not here for fights either id rather leave. Im a loving giving kind person that would never do anything like that. I have humour. (Well maybe bad) but no id never say anything like that and just the suggestion of it winds me up. Was Madonna being racist during RHT feeding bananas to people too? As if. 

Hopefully cleared the air now so were all on the same page. Shake hands and forget it. :heart: 

Oh guys please this forum has gone to shits in the last year and a half because people sucked all the fun it had once. 

I guess your eyes only see what you want them to see, it was just a play of words on a Madonna song and Copacabana -bana see!!! 

@Rosita The chihuahua are you Mexican? Why are you using a Mexican origin name and the chihuahua, the dog that’s comes from Mexico and is associated with many things Mexican and was the center of a very controversial advertising campaign that chicanos found very offensive in the USA? 

@karlafalvesyou say So I advise you to be more careful with the words "banana(s)", "monkey(s)" and similar ones when talking about Brazil and/or to Brazilian people, because it might sound racist to the person you're talking to, even if it was not your intention. He wasn’t talking about Brazil or Brazilian people so the advice is a little stronge don’t you think? He was making a play of words with the beach and a Madonna song as he later explained. Advice unnecessary IMHO

I don’t know @scallywallybut he has been more than excited about the Brazilian date even thinking about going so give him a break

Dont see trouble where there’s none 

2 hours ago, scallywally said:

Thanks and I already knew that but my total intention was 'Im going bananas' as the song and were on a Madonna forum so presumed everyone would know what I meant. 

We in the UK in the past have had Black football players thrown bananas at which makes us feel sick about having such sad idiots. Iv had no intention of putting that across at all. I didnt expect anybody on a Madonna forum who knows her music to connect with the negative side unless they were looking for trouble Obviously it was brought up and aimed stupidly at me that what I typed was racist so I responded bluntly. Crossed wires. Not harm intended WHATSOVER. Im not here for fights either id rather leave. Im a loving giving kind person that would never do anything like that. I have humour. (Well maybe bad) but no id never say anything like that and just the suggestion of it winds me up. Was Madonna being racist during RHT feeding bananas to people too? As if. 

Hopefully cleared the air now so were all on the same page. Shake hands and forget it. :heart: 

You and I have had enough engaging and respectful conversations that I know you haven't a racist bone in your body.  I knew you were making an innocent joke about a song that had nothing to do with race or offending anyone.  Unfortunately, we live in a world, where some are easily triggered by the dumbest things and look for offense when there was none intended.  Just brush it off!  While I'm happy to see someone who jumped in to further educate why someone might take something racist if it was intentionally meant to be. But we can't be mindful of things, we never knew that could be interpreted offensive. I've known you long enough here, you're just having fun with words and a song.  Keep being you and ignore those who are constantly looking to stir the pot and cause drama!  We are here to share our like minded appreciation of an artist named... Madonna first.  Anything after, doesn't matter unless we let it be or react in an unnecessary fashion. :luv:

49 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I think we should veto or remove I’m going bananas from all streaming services and new formats produced that contain that song. 

Re edit the girlie show and cut out BIM from RHT! Im now flying the ultra woke flag. I do apologize. Cancel Madonna its easier. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced