Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced

6 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Those bastards forking millions of dollars to get Madonna for free in Rio the Janeiro and can’t even brag about it, in what capitalist consumerism would do we live in? How I miss old mother USSR and old China 

"For free".

All Brazilians are paying for it, even though they're not paying a ticket.

How I miss old critical thinking!

The more they brag the more Eurovision 2019 we'll get so I hope they keep it low for everyone to be happy in the end.

She's never been the one to take advantage of. "Ask (Israel) Pepsi!"

5 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"For free".

All Brazilians are paying for it, even though they're not paying a ticket.

How I miss old critical thinking!

The more they brag the more Eurovision 2019 we'll get so I hope they keep it low for everyone to be happy in the end.

She's never been the one to take advantage of. "Ask (Israel) Pepsi!"

Oh Critical Thinking died a long time ago… I miss her to so badly as well

How is all Brazilians paying for this?

Is the government being involved because if so then yes? but if it’s only a private investors venture I don’t se how. Please enlighten me

i truly don’t understand “the more they brag the more Eurovision we’ll get???” Apocalyptic much??? 

You know who I miss as well “optimistic and let’s enjoy this ride people” they seem to be dying as our old lady critical thinking did. 

You seem hurt by the ghost of Eurovision let it go let it go dear 

Celebrate Rest In Peace GIF by Jason Clarke

12 minutes ago, Dj Garrido said:

Diana Ross performed for 800.000 people, says Billboard.

In 2006, the Rolling Stones performed in front of 1.5 million people on Copacabana beach. The expectation for Madonna's show is an audience of between 1.5 million and 2 million.

On 31 December 1994, Rod Stewart played in front of 3.5 million people on Copacabana beach in Rio, and made it into the Guinness Book of World Records for staging the largest free rock concert attendance in history.

29 minutes ago, mouse said:

On 31 December 1994, Rod Stewart played in front of 3.5 million people on Copacabana beach in Rio, and made it into the Guinness Book of World Records for staging the largest free rock concert attendance in history.

Wow! That's incredible.  Unfortunately, I don't see Madonna breaking that record, but would it be awesome if she did.  Thanks for the info.  :)

18 minutes ago, mouse said:

Usually the amazing fireworks spectacle, plus ceremonies to Yenanjá and receiving the new year dressed in white on Copacabana beach attracts 3million people, so Rod not diminishing his accomplishment had a little help. 

1 minute ago, rodrigochecchia said:

I can't tell how excited and proud I am of being a Brazilian right now! It's been years since she last had a concert broadcasted... Apart from the Superbowl and the 'half' concert MDNA Olympia, it hasn't happend since DWT if I'm not mistaken.

And we'll be seeing history being made in front of our eyes \o/

7 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

I hope it’s broadcast in the uk 

Globoplay is TV Globo's streaming service. There are paid services, but what is broadcast by the channel on TV you can watch freely on the platform in real time. You just have to create a free account. However, I don't know how it works outside Brazil... Give it a try ;)

From TV Globo 

Come join the party, it’s a celebration! É isso mesmo que você leu, meu amor! A Rainha do Pop, @madonna, tá chegando com a ‘The Celebration Tour in Rio’ E esse show histórico será transmitido, na íntegra, na minha telinha, no @multishow e no @globoplay. Prontos para o dia 4 de maio? #MadonnaNaGlô 

In English broadcast in @multishow and @globoplay without cuts 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced