Rio de Janeiro live May 4, 2024

3 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

And finally, something I didn't like was when Madonna and Pablo Vittar simulated that sexual practice called Anilingus in a quite explicit way while singing Music. What the hell? I mean, I've always accepted this kind of thing when there's a context, but in this case, was there a context? What was the context?

Because why not?! Life is absurd and life is full of suffering. Be crazy. Embrace the crazy. Be glad you are not suffering and have compassion for those who are. Everything else... like ass eating.... who cares. Embrace it. 

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Your obsession with this topic is unprecedented. Dont worry about it so much. Madonna is fabulous and the Rio show reminded so many people of that. Most people didn’t notice or care about backing tracks or vocals ❤️

My obsession? .. If you read back in this thread you will notice that lots of members on here are anoyed with the broadcast audio. Not only me. Fan recordings proof it wasn’t necacery...

But thank you for the little heart ❤️...

2 hours ago, FraP said:

Most people were there (me included). We listened to her live voice. 

The broadcasted version is dubbed with vocals from another show in many parts. And I noticed that also the crowd singing sometimes is not properly synced.

That's a pity, her voice was really good... I was hoping that since it was a live broadcast we were getting the real thing, but she didn't want that.

The camera shots are amazing, but audio is bad, unfortunately 

This!... 

We finally agree on something 😅... 

27 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

My obsession? .. If you read back in this thread you will notice that lots of members on here are anoyed with the broadcast audio. Not only me. Fan recordings proof it wasn’t necacery...

But thank you for the little heart ❤️...

Yes, you've been talking about live vocals/backing tracks quite a lot for months now. This is just the latest instalment. But anyway... I hope they boost the live vocals for the re-broadcast. Because you are right, it wasn't needed. I would rather she sound a bit croaky or off key personally than get completely dubbed vocals. But I guess she didn't want to take the risk.

Some people won’t be satisfied unless they get Ciao Italia. Let it go please! You can pop in the vhs or laserdisc anytime you want and watch/listen to her vocals there. 

In my humble opinion the Celebration Tour Rio audio and voice were just perfect! Best ever since Confessions Tour.

End of story. 

#TRULIFYmyluv

2 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Some people won’t be satisfied unless they get Ciao Italia. Let it go please! You can pop in the vhs or laserdisc anytime you want and watch/listen to her vocals there. 

In my humble opinion the Celebration Tour Rio audio and voice were just perfect! Best ever since Confessions Tour.

End of story. 

#TRULIFYmyluv

Yes. Perfectly said. 🫶🏻

7 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

End of story. 

#TRULIFYmyluv

5 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Yes. Perfectly said. 🫶🏻

Giving yourself compliments 💀😅

47 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Yes, you've been talking about live vocals/backing tracks quite a lot for months now. This is just the latest instalment. But anyway... I hope they boost the live vocals for the re-broadcast. Because you are right, it wasn't needed. I would rather she sound a bit croaky or off key personally than get completely dubbed vocals. But I guess she didn't want to take the risk.

True but again, im not the only one and im allowed to do so. It's  a forum 😉...

No hard feelings.. 

4 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

This!... 

We finally agree on something 😅... 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I mean, her voice is never perfect, she makes a lot of mistakes here and there in every concert, but that's also the beauty of a live performance, hearing some errors makes the performance feel real and human.

In some songs, I approve of the audio dubbing (like in Crazy For You, for example), and I think it would have been necessary in Everybody, because strangely this time she didn't even sing in the verses (I really don't know why she made this choice but I noticed right away), so they could have used a recording of her live voice from moments when she sang good on tour, but they didn't do that at all.

But I think she sounded good enough in Holiday or Don't Tell Me. Don't Tell Me is live at the beginning (she was out of tempo so they couldn't dub her), then they replaced her voice with a vocal take that's way different from how she sounds live (which is good in that song) and it's very obvious.

You can really hear that first she sings with her voice and then it's replaced by other vocals with a much higher tone.

I like her slightly low voice in Don't Tell Me, it's perhaps the song where her current voice fits best overall. And if they really wanted to replace her voice, they could have done it with a recording of her best live performance on this tour, but they didn't do anything like that.

Bad Girl was a bit shaky, but I would have left it as it was. It wasn't bad at all. And if you're going to replace the audio, only do it in the phrases where it sounds really off, inserting a vocal take done in identical conditions (same microphone, always handheld, with the same audio system) so that the difference isn't perceived, and make sure it matches the video. In summary: excessive and stupid modifications.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic