Madonna / Celebration Tour - Stuart Price DJ Mix

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

Secret Garden Intro / Kronoss- Maddening
Secret / Earth People - Dance (Club Mix)
Deeper & Deeper / Chicken Lips - He Not In
Human Nature / Basement Jaxx - Fly Life Extra
Impressive Instant / James T. Cotton - Don't Even Try It (The Beat)
Future Lovers / I Feel Love (Afrojack Mix) - Donna Summer
Rescue Me / Marshall Jefferson - (Move Your Body) [Director's Cut Retro Signature Mix]
Forbidden Love / ?
WIFLFAG /Röyksopp - What Else Is There (Thin White Duke Remix)
Get Together (Jacques Lu Cont Extended Guitar Mix)
Jay dee -Plastic Dreams/ Richard Strauss- Also sprach Zarathustra (2001 Intro version)
Sorry (Man With Guitar Mix)
Let It Will Be (Paper Faces Remix)
Music / Sylvester - You Make Me Feel Mighty Real

Forbidden Love sample bugs me because I recognise the disco loop. I don't believe is a full song using that sample but Stuarts own sampling with a beat on the base and vocals over. I thought it could be something he use on his Rhymes Digitales or Daft punk, but it's not. I don't believe is Jackson 5 sample either.

I remove the vocals to try to get it better but still I don't . Anyone try to guess is here

https://voca.ro/1arayFBLD6GC

It sounds like Daft Punk to me too but I can't put my finger on it.

58 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

It sounds like Daft Punk to me too but I can't put my finger on it.

Yeah that's why i thought it was either Le Rhymes or Daft Punk because both sampled heavily disco and funk tracks. But I don't think is either. I think he uses that loop from one track and his own beats. But during the whole set he has been mashing full tracks with vocal loops, so it might be an original track like that, that samples an old disco/funk piece.

This mix is very good and interesting but it's not something that amazes me.
I guess maybe it's because I'm not much into his sound which I recognize it's great.
His Get Together mix is weird, but it's not bad. Now I absolutely love the Let It Will Be one.
I think if they ever work again, it will be something very different from what they've done.

The Diplo Mix in Rio was incredible, he really did his homework... It's more my thing.

On 5/13/2024 at 2:48 PM, EgoRod said:

Secret Garden Intro / Pepe Bradock - Deep Burnt
Secret / Earth People - Dance (Club Mix)
Deeper & Deeper / Chicken Lips - He Not In
Human Nature / Basement Jaxx - Fly Life Extra
Impressive Instant / James T. Cotton - Don't Even Try It (The Beat)
Future Lovers / I Feel Love (Afrojack Mix) - Donna Summer
Rescue Me / Marshall Jefferson - (Move Your Body) [Director's Cut Retro Signature Mix]
Forbidden Love / ?
WIFLFAG /Röyksopp - What Else Is There (Thin White Duke Remix)
Get Together (Jacques Lu Cont Extended Guitar Mix)
Jay dee -Plastic Dreams/ Richard Strauss- Also sprach Zarathustra (2001 Intro version)
Sorry (Man With Guitar Mix)
Let It Will Be (Paper Faces Remix)
Music / Sylvester - You Make Me Feel Mighty Real

Forbidden Love sample bugs me because I recognise the disco loop. I don't believe is a full song using that sample but Stuarts own sampling with a beat on the base and vocals over. I thought it could be something he use on his Rhymes Digitales or Daft punk, but it's not. I don't believe is Jackson 5 sample either.

I remove the vocals to try to get it better but still I don't . Anyone try to guess is here

https://voca.ro/1arayFBLD6GC

Fixed the correct track for the beginning

Thank you so much! Wow 🤩 

9 hours ago, stephmdna said:

Thank you so much! Wow 🤩 

There are a couple of sample bits here and there, like the Sorry PSB intro or Plastikman 's ' Spastik in Future Lovers and Chic's 'Dance, Dance, Dance" in Secret but they are just small samples. The list there are solid tracks mashed with the vocals.

On 5/14/2024 at 8:22 AM, DRY99O aka RCB said:

This mix is very good and interesting but it's not something that amazes me.
I guess maybe it's because I'm not much into his sound which I recognize it's great.
His Get Together mix is weird, but it's not bad. Now I absolutely love the Let It Will Be one.
I think if they ever work again, it will be something very different from what they've done.

The Diplo Mix in Rio was incredible, he really did his homework... It's more my thing.

It's taken me many years to come around to his Get Together remix from the maxi single thats featured here. And I love all of his other mixes for her. I like it now, but it doesnt come close to his other versions. The album version is basically a Thin White Duke mix of the demo. And the greatest Thin White Duke mix ever for me. I still can't believe there was no proper extended mix done for the maxi single. Of all her single releases, that one truly deserved to be a 12 minute suite. I only really liked the Tiefshwarz mix. And the unreleased Roger Sanchez mix. Get Together deserved better, mixes and video wise.

On 5/16/2024 at 7:03 PM, Pootz333 said:

It's taken me many years to come around to his Get Together remix from the maxi single thats featured here. And I love all of his other mixes for her. I like it now, but it doesnt come close to his other versions. The album version is basically a Thin White Duke mix of the demo. And the greatest Thin White Duke mix ever for me. I still can't believe there was no proper extended mix done for the maxi single. Of all her single releases, that one truly deserved to be a 12 minute suite. I only really liked the Tiefshwarz mix. And the unreleased Roger Sanchez mix. Get Together deserved better, mixes and video wise.

I thought Stuart had a different sound depending of his Mix persona but it only applies in some occasions. I like the Get Together mix because it has his old Zoot Woman sound, with heavier guitar/bass construction.

You can hear it songs like 'Gem:

or Living in a Magazine.

But then the album version has what I called the Jaques Lucont sound, with the bass chores building up with tempo like the later Zoot Woman (2:28)

13 hours ago, EgoRod said:

I thought Stuart had a different sound depending of his Mix persona but it only applies in some occasions. I like the Get Together mix because it has his old Zoot Woman sound, with heavier guitar/bass construction.

You can hear it songs like 'Gem:

or Living in a Magazine.

But then the album version has what I called the Jaques Lucont sound, with the bass chores building up with tempo like the later Zoot Woman (2:28)

I love Zoot Woman so much ❤️

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic