Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ist this promisng news though? I am not so clever with this techno talk

Its kinda like the Girlie Show Tour being shot in SD back in the 90s. It's a low end standard. Back then we had square TV sets with crappy image quality so it didn't matter, but obviously now it looks poor. Same will happen with RHT in a few years if the info is accurate.

If it was shot at least in 4K digital it would give the editors some elbow room to correct any problems, like jerky camera movements, and the show would be preserved in higher quality for posterity.

I'm not a huge fan of digital quality in itself, I dont think it's as good as film yet. So we're gonna have to wait and see. I'm more interested in the editing being good at the moment  :stare:  :stare:

Its kinda like the Girlie Show Tour being shot in SD back in the 90s. It's a low end standard. Back then we had square TV sets with crappy image quality so it didn't matter, but obviously now it looks poor. Same will happen with RHT in a few years if the info is accurate.

If it was shot at least in 4K digital it would give the editors some elbow room to correct any problems, like jerky camera movements, and the show would be preserved in higher quality for posterity.

I'm not a huge fan of digital quality in itself, I dont think it's as good as film yet. So we're gonna have to wait and see. I'm more interested in the editing being good at the moment :stare::stare:

they sounded to happy with the outcome in the article? is it any worsh than what they did when they taped MDNA in Miami?

This post is brought to you by first world problems:

It really bothers me that it seems everyone on this site is bothered by that scene in the MDNA tour where one second its one flag the next its another. Or the crowd changing...

No. I love that because it shows the nature of this WORLD tour. Its not just ONE show, its several cities and countries. How is it wrong to acknowledge that? If anything i wish she did it with even more flags so she could have shown that this was a worldwide record breaking phenomenon. So to be bothered by something like that when the FULL SHOW is still presented is illogical. You got a front row ticket to Miami and i believe Argentina and maybe one other country... THAT i think is the most special thing about these DVDs.

You got a front row ticket to Miami and i believe Argentina and maybe one other country... THAT i think is the most special thing about these DVDs.

yeah but at least she should have been consistent with the stages (i mean, the Olympia show shouldn't have been placed on MDNA World Tour)

the other stadium was the Stade de France in Paris.

yeah but at least she should have been consistent with the stages (i mean, the Olympia show shouldn't have been placed on MDNA World Tour)

the other stadium was the Stade de France in Paris.

It doesn't detract from the atmosphere, if it bothers you that much focus on a smaller act who only plays one venue. Otherwise enjoy the fact that she is doing something no one on this or any pop forum will ever achieve

Guys are you still talking about that random Olympia footage on the MDNA Tour DVD  :lol: . Personally I never gave 2 fucks about it... her voice wasn't as robotic as S&S and I'm forever thankful for that... That the DVD audio mix is crap, oh well that's another story that's worth endless topics throughout the years  :Madonna003:

It really bothers me that it seems everyone on this site is bothered by that scene in the MDNA tour where one second its one flag the next its another. Or the crowd changing...

No. I love that because it shows the nature of this WORLD tour. Its not just ONE show, its several cities and countries. How is it wrong to acknowledge that? If anything i wish she did it with even more flags so she could have shown that this was a worldwide record breaking phenomenon. So to be bothered by something like that when the FULL SHOW is still presented is illogical. You got a front row ticket to Miami and i believe Argentina and maybe one other country... THAT i think is the most special thing about these DVDs.

I partially agree, but if you are gonna represent a world tour, do it all the way and take moments from many different shows around the world. Coldplay did a great job of it. They mixed promo tour footage with footage from several locations and it worked.

I think the other issue is Madonna's shows are so visual and story based that for many, just like a film with bad continuity, it takes you out of the experience she herself was setting up. 

Wha? who was talking about any of that? I must have missed something?  :thinker:

they sounded to happy with the outcome in the article? is it any worsh than what they did when they taped MDNA in Miami?

We won't know until it's released, and a lot of it depends on post production. We also don't have details about the MDNA Tour shoot in Miami as far as I know. Hopefully the equipment is better though, the quality really goes up and down. This isn't acceptable quality:

23QSyCG.jpg

What's the difference between this and a bootleg?, this scene was shaky as well:

R0J8niz.jpg

out of focus:

YP1w03i.jpg

more of this atrocity (different scene):

Poe1hGi.jpg

As said before, I think she's releasing some new project very soon (her presence last night at 25th anniversary of TOD makes me think of a new doc by the way, maybe of different kind). So possibly they want to use/include the tv boradcast/dvd release of the show in a unique round of promotion. It's going to happen all at once in the months imo.

tbh i thought the camera on the roof on MDNA World Tour was interesting, but it looked like webcam footage. just look at the very last take at the end oc Celebration, when the screens/lifter/whatever go down and they all hug and leave the stage.

i don't think that was intended to be a high quality take actually.

tbh i thought the camera on the roof on MDNA World Tour was interesting, but it looked like webcam footage. just look at the very last take at the end oc Celebration, when the screens/lifter/whatever go down and they all hug and leave the stage.

i don't think that was intended to be a high quality take actually.

These 360p caps I just took from Youtube of what Akerlund did for IGTTYAS put those HD MDNA Tour caps to shame. Wanting takes to look awful is kind of a weird artistic decision to make honestly. It just looks like an amateur attempt to replicate Akerlund's masterful style.

Screen-Shot-2016-08-25-at-11.14.35-AM-10

df-1-1024x577.jpg

As said before, I think she's releasing some new project very soon (her presence last night at 25th anniversary of TOD makes me think of a new doc by the way, maybe of different kind). So possibly they want to use/include the tv boradcast/dvd release of the show in a unique round of promotion. It's going to happen all at once in the months imo.

oh please, not another documentary. So you dont think we will be getting the whole show?

oh please, not another documentary. So you dont think we will be getting the whole show?

Well I have no idea of course, but at the moment I think we could have both, something new (she's also been said to have worked on a new track with an african producer, if it's not a completely fake news). My idea at the moment is about a project about Africa or some "revolution of love" related item (the instagram vids were too professional for a simple social network use), wich will be released with or in the same period of the tv broadcast/BR distribution of the RHT. Just speculating anyway  :cute:

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic