MADONNA IS WORKING ON HER NEW ALBUM!

M-Master

I am really hoping for a new madonna single by the end of the year, with a new album in spring of 17. I say that because, from like 82 until 09 she released something every year. so its been weird her only having songs out every couple of years this decade. (i guess to me bc I grew up with 00s madonna pretty much)

and that being said, I enjoy hearing her stay current and feature people. she's got enough solo stuff. give me another nicki collab! or one with britney or Kylie. for pop, that is. of like to see her work with rihanna as well. dont care about the sound but does anyone else think katys new song, "rise" would of been the perfect lead single from rebel heart? or even for her new album.

Being current is more than following trends or having flavour of the moment collabs. For the most part she is called desperate and underperforms for doing this. That's why I'd like a true solo album without too many people involved and i also mean producers, unless the collab is truly great and not something forced, not a quota sort of thing.

Also I have no problem with her having a sense of humour, it's not immature to have fun or make fun of yourself, on the contrary. However, I'd like an album that is musically mature regardless of the lyrics, not just "vibey" dj tracks that sound like other tracks or are rather generic. I miss when she did intelligent electronica with Mirwais. It would be great if she searched for some new talents rather than picking the people who are already on top (or even on their way out)

I enjoyed Bitch I'm Madonna, Unapologetic Bitch, and the like, they were my favourites from the album, but that's mostly because i found the ballads a bit boring or forced. It may be also because I had to really look for some fun amongst all the drama through the era lol

So really I guess I don't have specific expectations but rather just want quality. And I still think some things about they way she's been doing things since Hard Candy need adjustment. Raise the bar...

To me the closest shes come to that special song that could be first single was Rebel Heart (the song) its got the best, most melodic chorus from her in ages and ages. And even tho its about her, its also very relatable. I wish she had given this song a chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To me the closest shes come to that special song that could be first single was Rebel Heart (the song) its got the best, most melodic chorus from her in ages and ages. And even tho its about her, its also very relatable. I wish she had given this song a chance. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have always wondered if the resemblance with the Robbie Williams track produced by Avicii in the same period prevented her from choosing RH as a single:
Still I think LFL is a good song, although I hated the video - and also Unapologetic Bitch sounded really new and at the same time very Madonna.

I have always wondered if the resemblance with the Robbie Williams track produced by Avicii in the same period prevented her from choosing RH as a single:

Still I think LFL is a good song, although I hated the video - and also Unapologetic Bitch sounded really new and at the same time very Madonna.
Holy shit, i never even heard of this song. What a giant dick move of Avicii to release this. Its like a poor version of RH!! If this was the reason then I totally understand. Altho I think Unapologetic Bitch was a better choice than LFL, or at least a better version of LFL, one without such a strange mixed message...Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holy shit, i never even heard of this song. What a giant dick move of Avicii to release this. Its like a poor version of RH!! If this was the reason then I totally understand. Altho I think Unapologetic Bitch was a better choice than LFL, or at least a better version of LFL, one without such a strange mixed message...Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The song was quite strong on Italian radio, although Robbie is not as relevant as before. Definitely something went wrong between Avicii and Madonnna, not only because he was ill I think... Maybe when she called Diplo Avicii went on with his Robbie collaboration, or maybe the other way round. Pity anyway because some tracks were good but not really finished...

Those 2 songs just showed what a one trick pony Avicii and his entourage are. It's not like we know the Robbie track was written after Rebel Heart, why jump on conclusions like that?

Avicii is still the main producer on HeartBreakCity, Messiah, Rebel Heart and Addicted so it's not like his touch was obliterated from the album. Kanye only touched one of his songs, Wash All Over Me.

I only think Avicii was supposed to be the main producer of RH but at some point the direction changed, no one was talking about him anymore and Diplo was the main feature especially at the time of the release.

The other thing is that in the same period when Madonna demos were circulating Avicii produced and released a track that is very similar to RH and this is not good for Madonna because Rebel Heart (as a song) hadn't been released yet.

I don't think it was ever assumed that Avicii was meant to be the main producer of the album. Afterwards she went onto work with MoZella/S1/Toby Gad and then Martin/Natalia. Interscope seems to like to get many tracks from many producers, just like with MDNA as on that one Orbit and Solveig was credited for the same amount of tracks (and some Orbit's stuff got reworked, by the way).

Not to mention that fans tend to give too much credit to Avicii in the first place when his tracks credit a whole lotta songwriters and producers. Still can't believe a simple song like HeartBreakCity that has 2 verses, then pre-chorus and chorus needed 9 writers while on COADF she did many songs with Stuart only...

When Madonna made Ray Of Light she was in a beautiful optimistic place and wanted to examine herself very honestly. Her children are everything to her for sure but she has been hurt since then by more than a few people and I believe that affects her and influences her music.

Madonna is hurt by criticsm but has never been afraid of it so much that she holds back. I love her for it. Hope she alway expresses what she is feeling when she is creating an album. If Madonna made Thief of Hearts today she would be considered immature but because it was made in 1992 many consider it a classic.

It's a very strange existence we are in right now.

I would die for a high concept album, with a new personae and fashion look/aesthetic. Something like Roisin Murphy's new album, or like when she presented AM. A fresh and mature electronica that would show the evolution of its genre since ROL and AM. I would also die if she worked with Sufjan Stevens. Hopefully work with someone new. =)

I would die for a high concept album, with a new personae and fashion look/aesthetic. Something like Roisin Murphy's new album, or like when she presented AM. A fresh and mature electronica that would show the evolution of its genre since ROL and AM. I would also die if she worked with Sufjan Stevens. Hopefully work with someone new. =)

yess altho I dont want dance music per se. But high energy still.

her next album, and era, needs to have a solid theme and look. i don't think that's happened since the Hard Candy era, tbh. Sadly, even though I wish she'd surprise us with a new album by the end of this year or by early spring of next year, I highly doubt we'll get anything before 2018. #tears. But tbh, isn't she under contract for one more album before 2019?

her next album, and era, needs to have a solid theme and look. i don't think that's happened since the Hard Candy era, tbh. Sadly, even though I wish she'd surprise us with a new album by the end of this year or by early spring of next year, I highly doubt we'll get anything before 2018. #tears. But tbh, isn't she under contract for one more album before 2019?

The videos during hard candy worked thematically and rest was so bad. For the album art and tour was in bad taste, go and look there is like 6 different boxer shots - looked terrible in all of them. MDNA didn't have one and it wasn' memorable album art (I will never forget the opening segment of the tour). Rebel did have one but managed to be coherent and beautiful. Until the videos with the matador, the grills and the asian girls but stick to the artwork being good theme and don't think too hard after that lol. The only time she did and could have pulled that off was Confessions; that was just perfect.

Rebel_Heart_Promo_18.jpg

Rebel_Heart_Promo_17.jpg

Rebel_Heart_Promo_13.jpg

I also can't wait when she says new album I can share my now 73 Rebel Demos, thanks to some people here it's more complete and legit. It was the one thing I first wanted to share with the people here for all the awesome stuff you had.