First Single Ranks

Headless.Headphones

So all the albums had the single to kick it off, how do you rankem?

01 Erotica
02 Music
03 Living for Love
04 Secret
05 American Life
06 Hung Up
07 4 Minutes
08 Like a Prayer
09 Give Me All Your Luvin'
10 Frozen
11 Like a Virgin
12 Everybody
13 Live to Tell

I want to add that if Like a Prayer was the IC version it would be at number 5. 

Ugh, fun, but so hard. :D From today's perspective LAP wouldn't rank as the top one, but that trak did ultimately make me a fan back in the day, so... Everything from 05-11 took me some time to fully appreciate, where 12 and 13 never worked to their full extent for me. Buth thumpers, both great in their own right, but neither stood with me for very long.

01 Like a Prayer
02 Frozen
03 Living for Love
04 American Life
05 Secret
06 Erotica
07 Music
08 Live to Tell
09 Hung Up
10 Give Me All Your Luvin'
11 Like a Virgin
12 Everybody
13 4 Minutes

It´s a little bit hard I´d choose another song to be the lead single in some albuns like MDNA (Masterpiece or Love Spent),

Hard Candy (Devil Wouldn´t ... or Dance 2Night but the best track from this era is the demo Across The Sky imo), American Life (Nothing Fails or Nobody Knows Me) and

Erotica (Rain or Fever).

01 Like A Prayer

02 Hung Up

03 Live To Tell

04 Frozen

05 Secret

06 Music

07 4 Minutes

08 Living For Love

09 Like A Virgin

10 American Life

11 Give Me All Your Luvin

12 Everybody

13 Erotica

01 Like a prayer

02 American life

03 Living for love

04 Hung up

05 Frozen

06 Secret

07 Erotica

08 Live to tell

09 Like a virgin

10 Music

11 Everybody

12 4 minutes

13 Gmayl

I put LAP first because 1989 was my biggest year as a fan, I still remember the day I saw the Pepsi ad like it was today! Papa don't preach was my first M hit, so I didn't put Live to tell very high although it was a very daring move to choose it as first single. American life is still one of my all-time favourites, and so is Living for love. Hung up may not be the best, but when it came out it was huge and I still remember downloading a snippet for the cell phone and waiting for it to ring to listen to it! Give me all your luving is definitely the worst imo. I learnt to love Music but at first I wasn't really impressed, I think I changed my mind especially after the incredible Live8 rendition!

01 Frozen
02 Secret 

03 Erotica 

04 Like a prayer

05 Hung up
06 American life
07 Living for love ----- (love this song but first single should have been something else)
08 Music

09 4 minutes

10 Like a virgin
11 Gmayl ----------- (first single should have been Girl Gone Wild)
12 Live to tell
13 Everybody

• 3 weeks later...

1. Frozen

2. Like a Prayer

Secret

Erotica

American Life

Like a Virgin

Living for Love

Hung Up

Music

Live to Tell

Give Me All Your Luvin'

Everybody

4 Minutes

If I was to rank them on how I love them today, it would be different, but I mostly ranked them on the fact how hyped I was to hear them for the first time and if they delivered to that hype.

oh this is hard, if I had to judge by the impact they had on me when they were released this would be my top 10 (Until WTG I wasn't really that aware of first singles, and album releases, all her songs were just kind of there to discover so it's hard to rank the first three)

1 Erotica

2 Frozen

3 Secret

4 Like A Prayer

5 American Life

6 Music

7 Living For Love

8 Hung Up

9 Give Me All your Love

10 4 minutes

You're welcome but what is this business? lol and someone else felt the same. 

Had to look back up to see who it was:  no surprise that it was Stevo.  We always seem to be on a "similar" wave-length.

Anyways, yeah, LFL didn't work for me because it should have been...Unapologetic Bitch!

Had to look back up to see who it was:  no surprise that it was Stevo.  We always seem to be on a "similar" wave-length.

Anyways, yeah, LFL didn't work for me because it should have been...Unapologetic Bitch!

Ok we're still mates cause that is my jam! At my RHT show the people on both sides we would stand and sit at the same parts, but this came on I stood alone and bopped hard lol.

It didn't seem right to put LTT instead but I just went by what they said. Tech American Pie was Music's first single but the jury said no.

Then also Die Another Day would be the first single from American Live. No problem though ;-) I just love PDP, that´s why I went with that one.. lol

Frozen- Def the most exciting. Such a shock. So haunting and different. 

Erotica- The first line says it all. 

American Life- The rap may have been a lil cringe worthy, but looking back it was a ballsy move, something I'm hoping to see again. 

Live to Tell- One of the best. 

Music- such an exciting time (even though i heard Paradise first in a leak online) The production was and still is ear candy. 

Secret- Very unexpected sound from her at the time. 

Like a Prayer- one of her best triple entendre songs. 

Hung Up- Music 99% Lyrics 1%

Like a Virgin- Might be higher on the list if I was old enough to understand the cultural importance of this song.  

Everybody- Madonna mantra

Give Me All Your Luvin'- I love this song, its like Rock Abba on acid.  

Living for Love- Probably the biggest miss for me. The chorus bassline just sounded dated from the onset. 2008 all over again. 

4 Minutes- even though its at the bottom of my list I feel like it was her last big cross over.