Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

I think it's perfect the way it is. I wouldn't change a thing. I do like Avicii's Wash a little more than Kanyes. But there is a bit of a cohesiveness to the album, and I think that distinct Avicii would have thrown it way off. I understand her reasoning.If anything, the only thing I would change, is switch it from a 1 disc album, to a double album. I would have liked to have seen Madonna's original idea come to reality. The right tracklist, the right versions. Just as long as Madonna is happy, I am happy.

Not that it's a change on the album itself (as in its songs) 'cause that would be a little too selfconscious to pretend to be a producer lol

But I would like to change the tracklist a little bit, I think a lot of the great songs ended up on the Deluxe edition or as bonus tracks. I feel like the Standard edition alone sounds a bit weak without the rest of the songs.

I like the 19 track deluxe the way it is. At first it was hard to get into cuz the order of tracks just seemed off. Definitely could do without the super deluxe tracks. They're way overproduced and just don't fit the album. I listen to Heaven, Never Let You Go and Two Steps Behind as a little bonus ep :)

Madonna’s ‘Rebel Heart’ among Rolling Stone Best Albums of 2015

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/45-best-albums-of-2015-so-far-20150616/madonna-rebel-heart-20150605

Rebel Heart is a long, passionate, self-referential meditation on losing love and finding purpose in chilling times. It's also a chance for the Queen of Pop to floss a bit and reflect on how she painstakingly carved a path others have happily twerked down in the years since her 1983 debut. The über-fit 56-year-old star gleefully enunciates "bitch" on the refreshing, reggae-tinged "Unapologetic Bitch" and the frenetic, Nicki Minaj-assisted "Bitch I'm Madonna," both featuring Diplo's ear-tingling airhorn blasts.