Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

in the avicii form it will be yes , but not change it

oooh i hope nothing less or stripped

I'm 100% sure that there are no traces of Avicci's production left. He will only be credited as writer, not producer. All of his tracks have been reworked.

Wash All Over Me and Rebel Heart probably sound much better now, especially if they are close to their acoustic versions as it's rumoured.

I don't understand why "Rebel Heart" (the song) has been changed. The demo that leaked sounds great. It sounds like finished project. Is the Avicii's health issues the real problem of the change? RH and WAOM only needed mastering to fit the overall quality of the album. His presence in that stage wasn't necessary (IMHO; I don't know how it works in music industry).

what  songs don't you like ?

i adore rebel heart and whas all over me avicii version

i really love thos too i fell in love with it for the first time

the ones i dont really like are

illimutati therable song the demo was little oke but the final

bitch im madonna   childisch songs and hate nikki

holy water

iconic like the old one better than the one that came later

s.e.x

vendi vidi vici

unaplotigetic bitch love the demo more than the album one to much noise added

I don't understand why "Rebel Heart" (the song) has been changed. The demo that leaked sounds great. It sounds like finished project. Is the Avicii's health issues the real problem of the change? RH and WAOM only needed mastering to fit the overall quality of the album. His presence in that stage wasn't necessary (IMHO; I don't know how it works in music industry).

Because Madonna wanted to make the album sound more cohesive and less "dated". She hired producers she thought were more envelope-pushing and edgy to rework his and many of the other songs. Avicii may be more radio-friendly but I'd rather have Madonna being innovative and edgy again rather than bandwaggon-jumping like she did on her past albums. Of course, I loved them but you can tell she wasn't really going for something new and exciting.

It seems like the album is going into a more urban/industrial direction and less EDM/folk.

i like  illuminati and bitch i'm madonna and unapolegitic bitch , iconic,  but it' never be on the level of ray of light or confessions

i adore more heartbreak cithy , inside out, never let you go , addicted , messiah ,joan of arc .... 

i doudt i will like holy water crap,  body candy shop ( lyric wise) :wink:

My ideal tracklist order:

1. Rebel Heart

2. Living For Love

3. Unapologetic Bitch

4. HeartBreakCity

5. Devil Pray

6. Joan Of Arc

7. Ghosttown

8. Veni Vidi Vici

9. Holy Water

10. S.E.X

11. Best Night

12. Inside Out

13. Wash All Over Me

14. Messiah

15. Hold Tight

16. Iconic

17. Body Shop

18. Bitch, I'm Madonna

19. Illuminati

I wish she released all stuff she has done for RH, Complete Demo CD's and complete Masters for Album.

So we might have an 8 CD Boxset only from one Album and everyone get his Songs either

I wonder, if she planned double CD album, would she choose the same songs and ignore AFF songs.

but  i really love many songs on hard candy

and also from mdna

every album had his good and bad songs

candy perfum girl i really hate taht song for example

There are so many better ones, i could slap her for not putting Across the Sky on it !!!

Bad , real bad

HC is not a good Album for me, less highlights.

MDNA is a good Album even it sounds like a sound-mixture and have no real concept

Because Madonna wanted to make the album sound more cohesive and less "dated". She hired producers she thought were more envelope-pushing and edgy to rework his and many of the other songs. Avicii may be more radio-friendly but I'd rather have Madonna being innovative and edgy again rather than bandwaggon-jumping like she did on her past albums. Of course, I loved them but you can tell she wasn't really going for something new and exciting.

It seems like the album is going into a more urban/industrial direction and less EDM/folk.

If it's all gonna end up like this then why does she engage DJs/producers who are popular these days. It's obvious that all the songs created by i.e. Avicii are gonna sound more or less similar. Putting tweaked-acoustic version of the song on the album isn't that innovative. "American Life" LP was full of such songs.

in the avicii form it will be yes , but not change it

Unfortunately all the power and punch from Avicii's final is gone like the song was intended to be? Before the songs were stolen already back in August I think. And they knew they were, but not when or what versions of these demos and more unmastered finals would leak out. They could already have done so in September and that would have been even a more disaster. Rebel Heart is now a mid tempo folky song. Sounds like a more polished crossed version of these two.

Rebel Heart - #2 (3:29)Rebel Heart - #3 New Vox (3:26)

I'm really disappointed. But all of you hating Avicii will probably end up like it. All his work have been trashed. I just find it more dull and boring now. She doesn't sing out enough in the verses. It's not bad. But not as amazing as it was.

There wasn't a Hard Candy track in HC or a COADF track in that album neither, so... For the 14track version it'll just be the album title, u know what I mean?

I don't think that's the problem, it's that on every edition of the album should have the song the album title comes from.  It would be weird to have albums like Like A Virgin, True Blue, Like A Prayer, Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light, Music etc and have them as a bonus track or something. 

It just looks weird that you have to buy a deluxe or special edition of an album to hear it.

If it's all gonna end up like this then why does she engage DJs/producers who are popular these days. It's obvious that all the songs created by i.e. Avicii are gonna sound more or less similar. Putting tweaked-acoustic version of the song on the album isn't that innovative. "American Life" LP was full of such songs.

They're not going to sound that similar...all of Avicii's typical sounds have been removed. In fact, only 3 of all the songs she wrote with him made it onto the album. She hired him because she liked his music, but I assume she wasn't satisfied with the result because a lot of it ended up sounding pretty much the same and not really very different from what she had done before. Apart from that she wasn't able to work with him any further due to his health problems. She then reached out to Diplo who she seemed to have a better working relationship with and from then on the album went into a completely different direction that clashed with Avicii's production a lot.

The albums has many creative songs, but I wouldn't say they all are innovative and edgy. Sounding like some other artist isn't   edgy -  BIM sounds like autotuned Britney on DJ's noisy beats. 

LFL is very 90s (dated?).

Unapologetic Bitch -  an awesome reggae song. Groundbreaking? No. Fresh? For Madonna yes, although reggae elements were on Why's It So Hard. Putting noisy beeps in the chorus isn't innovative and edgy, but Madonna probably thinks so. Then, I guess, even a scratchy CD with distorted sound, of any singer, is edgy too.

Maybe I am wrong, but I feel, she was so obsessed  with being edgy at certain points, that she made odd beeps, just to sound different.