Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

as this bitch-hunt for the perps who leaked her full, unfinished album online yesterday continues (mind u, these r demos that will sound nothing like they do now OR they will not be part of the final album at all...so....) i am SO ready to get into a new groove (off this topic) & SO ready 4 someone to confess already...
#UGH #ENOUGH 

in the meantime, 
here's some much needed comedy on this topic
(i wish Joan Rivers was still w/us, she'd put this in perspective 4 us)
courtesy of Madonna Fan Fiction @madonnafanfic on Instagram 

Madonna has a flashback to leaving her album on a floppy disc at the gym.
she demands to speak to whoever is in charge of the Internet. 

"Why would my fans do this?" Madonna opens Instagram
on her iPhone 3GS & smashes the screen w/a sledgehammer.

Madonna opens a Zippyshare link to her new album,
she clicks the wrong download button & receives a virus.

Madonna pics up the receiver on her rotary phone
& says "operator, get me the head of the CIA,
I am a victim of artistic terrorism."

Madonna turns on the news showing worldwide terrorism,
"Tell me this is worse" Madonna says to her maid
raising her hand threateningly.

"The fans leaked my music, are YOU a fan Lourdes?"
confused & scared Lourdes runs to her bedroom crying.

Madonna holds a gun to Diplo's head & says
"And you, I think I'll miss you most of all."

Madonna leaves a voicemail on Bill Gates phone,
"Hello William it's me, how can I make the demos on the laptop look old?
You owe me."

What are you favorite songs so far?

I love all of them tbh. Sad that she said half of them won't make it to the album, because really every song has protential. Addicted, Rebel heart, Heartbreak city,  and Living for love are already perfect, I hope the last one will be the first single choice. Make the devil pray is amazing :om: , the instrumental needs a little more work.

I'm surprised I like Illuminati, I really hated the idea at first. Bitch I'm Madonna makes me cringe a little :laughing:, but only because it's Madonna, the song is pretty cool. I hope my worst nightmare doesn't come true and she makes a video for it, twerking like Miley cyrus :cryin:

Unapologetic bitch sounds very fresh, only the "yeaah yeaah yeah" part sounds a little try hard. And the song is a little repetitive.

Messiah is so cinematic :om: , as I expected. I wish the chorus was stronger, maybe they are going to change that in the final version. Something like Alison Moyet's Aplace to stay would fit perfectly

My thoughts after numerous listens:

Addicted - sounds  a little Abba-esque; interesting synths, cool electronic twist.
Bitch, I'm Madonna – A grower. The more I listen to it, the more I luv it. So addictive. Crazy, intense breakdown. Ratchetdonna at her finest.  This track gives me life. 
Borrowed Time - Amazing track. Melancholic hook. Stunning vocal. Awesome lyrics.
Heartbreak City - Luv this. It's intimate and heartfelt ballad.  Emotional, vulnerable vocals.  The chorus gives me chills. Incredibly strong melody. And this is Demo Version #1! Oh and the MJ sample from "They Don't Care ABout Us" at the end. 
Illuminati  - Intense, interesting and catchy track. Crazy energy. Luv the autotuned vocal and the rapping. Cool smart lyrics. Explosive chorus that makes me wanna dance. And love the way she says illuminati - like.... 
Joan of Arc - Breath taking beautiful song. Very heartfelt. Beautiful vocal that reminds  me of her 'Another Suitcase in Another Hallway'
Living for Love – Fantastic track. Euphoric. Soulful, Uplifting. Has many layers. Insanely catchy beat. Infectious hook The choir is everything! When M and the choir sing 'love's gonna LIFT ME UP' and then it goes into that guy going mmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm, it's orgasmic! Anthemic!
Make the Devil Pray – What a beautiful song! Heartfelt vocal on the verses. The urgency in the vocal take on the chorus connects really well with the lyrics on how drugs and alcohol are not the answers. Love, love the lyrics.
Messiah - Really luv this cinematic track. Epic. Haunting. Beautiful. Flawless vocals. And the gorgeous instrumentation. Sounds fitting on some movie soundtrack 
Rebel Heart - Very catchy. Pop Perfection.
Revolution - Amazing. Luv the folky, country vibe. Superb acoustic. The chorus reminds me of "Lela Pala Tute"
Unapologetic Bitch - Catchy as fuck with melancholy and sad chorus. Only M would sing such sad, personal lyrics against such sick, funky reggae beats.
Wash All Over Me - Another perfection.

First off, not that we are living for leaks but if half of these songs do not make the record, I am very glad to have them. All in all, I love what I hear, lyrically and sonically. I absolutely love her crystal clear voice in these demos. Vocally, she’s on point and at her best. Solid melodies. Great lyrics that's very spiritual and personal like LAP, yet self-reflective like ROL. And the acoustics in the Avicii's tracks are deliciously superb. Very impressed. It is very apparent that she has put a great deal of work into this album and was very inspired.  It's also apparent that she's endured a great deal of pain in recent years. This album, like LAP, seems cathartic for her. There are a lot of moments that are remimiscent of her older songs in the most wonderful ways. I can't quite place it but it's a beautiful association. Diplo’s tracks are really crazy good and intense. And they are so different from Avicii’s perfect & stunning AC tracks. Can’t wait to hear how the selected tracks are evolved and progressed on the album which is gonna be beyond EPIC. These demo tracks are so crazy good that I'm praying for a double album or a regular album with 18 tracks and a deluxe album with 5 extra tracks.

Illuminati  - Intense, interesting and catchy track. Crazy energy. Luv the autotuned vocal and the rapping. Cool smart lyrics. Explosive chorus that makes me wanna dance. And love the way she says illuminati - like.... 

I think the lyrics are stupid. Only the chorus has decent lyrics. They are very Gaga-esque (nonsensical).

Even Super Pop and Superstar sound more serious next to it. I don't get why does she write such things.

Madonna said that the material was stolen a long time ago. DrownedMadonna and Madonnarama posted the lyrics and descriptions  of the songs during a few past months, which are deleted now. That proves that the demos have been stolen 4 months ago.

Probably Madonna's team was aware of it, because they surely saw the info on the sites above. They didn't  want to talk about it publicly, because that would  have started   the  fan hysteria  and searching for the demos.

During the past 4 moths, a lot of new people came into the studio (Blood Diamonds, DJ Dahi, Alicia...) which means all leaked demos will sound different and will be reworked.

These demos are very promising, well the most of them. Some are really good. The other ones, which are also good, have some flaws.  Of course, demos usually have flaws, because they are unfinished.

I like: Addicted, Heartbreak City, Joan of Arc, Rebel Heart, Illuminati, Messiah, Make the Devil Pray, Revolution, Unapologetic Bitch, Wash All Over Me

I don't like: Bitch, I'm Madonna, Borrowed Time, Living for Love

Illuminati has interesting sound, but the lyrics are nonsensical (Gaga-esque) and it needs a better production. Living for Love is very dated, even its melody sounds like it was made in the 90s. Bitch, I'm Madonna better be a joke.

If this is the case, I'm totally agree with her :smile:  :smile: 

Well, I might be wrong, but I like to think that way.

I wouldn't be surprised if  demos like Bitch I'm Madonna and Illuminati remain the same and appear on the standard edition, while better songs remain unreleased or leak later or appear on deluxe edition (judging by HC and MDNA songs choice).

I wouldn't be surprised if  demos like Bitch I'm Madonna and Illuminati remain the same and appear on the standard edition, while better songs remain unreleased or leak later or appear on deluxe edition (judging by HC and MDNA songs choice).

Indeed, I fear that it's what happens!

I don't think that these two will make the final cut by the way if she's really recorded 60 songs. :stare:

I think the beat in Bitch, I'm Madonna it's bomb, super M.I.A. I love it and the idea she is experimenting stuff different from what she's been doing it's great too :clap:

When I hear Bitch I'm Madonna, I seem to hear a song by Britney Spears, but I don't recognize which one