Is the Greta Wells movie still happening?

BringUrLUV

Cuz she's supposedly touring in 2019 (as she said at a RHT stop) and she'll prob want an album out before then.  If she's working on the movie all of 2018, she still needs to deliver an album & tour in the next couple years as per her contract I'm sure.  

So, I'm wondering if the movie is still happening?  She's a contracted recording & touring artist first, any movie directing I would think would have to be in between album cycles, unless she has it in her contract to allow for some flexibility?

Maybe she was just  joking when she said she would be touring in 2019. The film is probably still happening 'cause she seems very ambitious directing films. But didn't W.E. take several years to make? Maybe she will start working on the film next year since she's busy moving to Portugal currently and will still tour in 2019 and then go back to finishing the film. I personally don't see a new album coming any time soon, she's probably busy with her two new kids and she wants to give them as much attention as she possibly can.

But yeah, I think the film is still happening, it will just take some time making it.

A 2019 release is still a chance imo. She could shoot during next winter/spring, then back to the studio in summer/autumn 2018, maybe winter 2019, editing the movie meanwhile, ready for the new release in late spring/early summer 2019 and for the tour in autumn... the only problem for me was the quality of her musical work the last time she did something like this. Anyway the wait is still going to be quite long, so...   :angry:

It's really sad because music is all about inspiration. Not just a schedule or a contract.

I hope she writes (and records) whenever she can even if there is no release scheduled.

I recently read a review about Rebel Heart - an album I really like, indeed - which says the songs are a little uninspired, more what you would expect from Madonna rather than the real honest Madonna: think of Body Shop or SEX for instance. This could be true someway.

When you hear some Hard Candy or MDNA demos you realize that her songwriting involvment is not big, she just changes a few lines in the lyrics and gets credit. Of course not always: think of Bang Bang original or the "saints prayer" added to I'm a sinner.

But I wish what happened in her life during the last year - American politics, Malawi, the two daughters, Rocco - inspires her to write good personal songs as it happened for Like a prayer.

I don't dislike the two previous movies - especially the first - but of course I hope this one (a great story, good for her) won't take her too far too long from the studio or the stadiums. And I hope she releases a beautiful song for it and wins an Oscar with it.

I really had a feeling that this is why she met with Netflix. It'll be a distributor for her films and they'll probably back her financially as well.

So you don't believe DrownedMadonna about the documentary?

https://www.drownedmadonna.com/2017/08/24/top-secret-madonna-talks-netflix-special-documentary/

EXCLUSIVE – We at DrownedMadonna.com learn the reason why Madonna had a Top Secret meeting with Netflix, as we revealed in June.

We have been told by a little bird that Madonna is in talks with Netflix Originalfor a special documentary.

Netflix is going to start doing some special original documentaries on the entire career of music artists. It will be something about the artist journey of creation process, and not just a â€˜behind the music’. A sort of documentary about the ‘inside’ of the artist and their sentiments on their craft.

Madonna is not confirmed yet, and totally top secret.

Lady Gaga will be the first and it’s a the moment the only confirmed artist. The show for Lady Gaga is scheduled to be released next month.

If everything goes well, Madonna will be the second episode.

I recently read a review about Rebel Heart - an album I really like, indeed - which says the songs are a little uninspired, more what you would expect from Madonna rather than the real honest Madonna: think of Body Shop or SEX for instance. This could be true someway.

She spread herself too thin with so many songs. She was a bit too ambitious for RH but I still love it, even if it's not perfect. 

She spread herself too thin with so many songs. She was a bit too ambitious for RH but I still love it, even if it's not perfect. 

We should remember that it was intended to be released as a double album, which would make it more solid. What a shame it leaked months before the planned release, it could have been a really successful era instead of the messy release that we got.

We should remember that it was intended to be released as a double album, which would make it more solid. What a shame it leaked months before the planned release, it could have been a really successful era instead of the messy release that we got.

Yeah, why she didn't go ahead and stick to the idea of REBEL/HEART double album/double themed always puzzled me. I never thought the leak justified to scrap such an interesting way of presenting the project, it always amazed me how poor of excuse it was. "The demos leaked? oh no, let's discard the conceptuality of the album and just jam them all together with no point or reason..."

Yeah, why she didn't go ahead and stick to the idea of REBEL/HEART double album/double themed always puzzled me. I never thought the leak justified to scrap such an interesting way of presenting the project, it always amazed me how poor of excuse it was. "The demos leaked? oh no, let's discard the conceptuality of the album and just jam them all together with no point or reason..."

Her record company didn't accept her idea.

I don't know how it would've made some of the songs better though. I mean the tracklist would make more sense probably but that's it.

Her record company didn't accept her idea.

I don't know how it would've made some of the songs better though. I mean the tracklist would make more sense probably but that's it.

Oh ok, but then it had nothing to do with the songs leaking. That is what made no sense to me. And personally I think it would have been way more interesting to have the album presented that way. I know it might be just a matter of tracklisting, but in general it would have been more neat

So you don't believe DrownedMadonna about the documentary?

https://www.drownedmadonna.com/2017/08/24/top-secret-madonna-talks-netflix-special-documentary/

EXCLUSIVE – We at DrownedMadonna.com learn the reason why Madonna had a Top Secret meeting with Netflix, as we revealed in June.

We have been told by a little bird that Madonna is in talks with Netflix Originalfor a special documentary.

Netflix is going to start doing some special original documentaries on the entire career of music artists. It will be something about the artist journey of creation process, and not just a ‘behind the music’. A sort of documentary about the ‘inside’ of the artist and their sentiments on their craft.

Madonna is not confirmed yet, and totally top secret.

Lady Gaga will be the first and it’s a the moment the only confirmed artist. The show for Lady Gaga is scheduled to be released next month.

If everything goes well, Madonna will be the second episode.

Lmao. No.

The whole thing about 'episodes' makes no damn sense. This Gaga documentary is going to be a one off and won't be in any series.

RE: Double album... But didn't she pretty much get her way anyway, by releasing the Super Deluxe and Deluxe versions of Rebel Heart?  I'm not sure why the Record company had an issue with a double album idea when they pretty much release all the tracks anyway? 

As for the original post question?  I think some fans take her too literal.  I'm sure Madonna was quite genuine when she said she wanted to tour again in 2019, but c'mon, people had to know she was speaking off the cuff here.  She's been touring pretty regularly, so I'm sure she was giving her best guess when she would be back on the road again.

As for the film, I'm sure she expected to be further along with this project than it is. Unfortunately, Films don't always pan out like the creators hope.  For instance, "Evita" was in the works for years before Madonna was finally cast in the role. She was thought of early on before it changed hands many times, before it came back around to her. Being she's not known to be a box office draw, I'm sure she has far more obstacles to jump than other well known directors and writers of films. And I'm betting she's dying to direct again, so I'm sure she is waiting it out.

As for the "uninspired" comments regarding her music, I call BS!!!!  I don't believe it for one minute. Just because she has other ideas to express herself doesn't mean she's not inspired when it comes to music. She's always had other projects (especially in film) since the beginning of her career.  Acting didn't really work out for her, so she is also interested in directing. I personally don't believe she's necessarily looking for commercial success (as she has had with her music career) with directing. I think she's just interested in trying to share some stories she's genuinely interested in.  To say that she's not "inspired" in her music is just ridiculous because a lot of her music has been written and included music that's been outside of the box as well.

Lmao. No.

The whole thing about 'episodes' makes no damn sense. This Gaga documentary is going to be a one off and won't be in any series.

Certainly, I am not saying any of it's true, but to me it can make sense if NETFLIX has decided to do a series of Documentaries that feature different artists. That isn't something too far fetched to me.  "Series" have come a long way and really diverted from it used to be.  It used to be about one show featuring a person or a group of related people.  Today, we have a number of series which change characters, settings and even time.  It's not all too impossible to think this isn't possible to have a series of docs featuring a new celebrity.  Personally, I would think they would be more versatile in their artists being both Madonna and Gaga are pop artists that have been constantly compared to one another. 

This wil always be the best 'news' I ever read on Drowned Madonna:

Latest news from Drownedmadonna:

DrownedMadonna.com wants to share with Madonna's fans some tidbits from the first steps of the rehearsals of the Sticky & Sweet Tour. Many things and songs keep on changing... so stay tuned!

One of the sections begins with a musical intro from the "Topkapi" movie which lands to "Buenos Aires" from the "Evita" soundtrack. A suitcase choreography ending with ensable cast is being considered. "Buenos Aires" is currently followed by "Spanish Lesson".

Surprisingly "She Is Not Me" is being rehearsed linked with "My Name Is Not Susan".

The 2008 version of "Everybody" features a heavy SKD sample.

A beautiful Sytar and voice version of "Secret" is being considered.

"La Isla Bonita" is closing a section which is currently dedicated to India, with Bollywood style music and choreography.

An "Holiday" intro is being considered for "4 Minutes".

A lot of oldies are being rehearsed, many of them totally reworked.

A controversial screen video by Steven Klein ends one of the sections.

So far 4 video screens are being considered, one of them is the opening of the show.

This wil always be the best 'news' I ever read on Drowned Madonna:

Latest news from Drownedmadonna:

DrownedMadonna.com wants to share with Madonna's fans some tidbits from the first steps of the rehearsals of the Sticky & Sweet Tour. Many things and songs keep on changing... so stay tuned!

One of the sections begins with a musical intro from the "Topkapi" movie which lands to "Buenos Aires" from the "Evita" soundtrack. A suitcase choreography ending with ensable cast is being considered. "Buenos Aires" is currently followed by "Spanish Lesson".

Surprisingly "She Is Not Me" is being rehearsed linked with "My Name Is Not Susan".

The 2008 version of "Everybody" features a heavy SKD sample.

A beautiful Sytar and voice version of "Secret" is being considered.

"La Isla Bonita" is closing a section which is currently dedicated to India, with Bollywood style music and choreography.

An "Holiday" intro is being considered for "4 Minutes".

A lot of oldies are being rehearsed, many of them totally reworked.

A controversial screen video by Steven Klein ends one of the sections.

So far 4 video screens are being considered, one of them is the opening of the show.

Touché!

But it's normally a very reliable site!

BTW, this is the review I was mentioning in a previous post:

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/20293-rebel-heart/

"A Madonna-doing-Madonna cliche, which is too often the downfall of Rebel Heart"

You may not agree, but I find this reading very interesting.

Still Rebel Heart is one of my favourite albums of her career. Great songs, great melodies, (bad production though), which makes me hope the next album, if done with no hurry and no distraction, could be very good.

Well Madonna apparently read this post!

madonnaThe energy of Portugal is so inspiring. I feel very creative and alive here and I look forward to working on my film LOVED and making New Music!!! â¤ï¸ðŸ‡µðŸ‡¹. 🎼🎤🎬🎥. This will be the next Chapter in My Book! 📚

It's time to conquer the world from a different vantage point!! ðŸŒðŸŽ‰ðŸŒˆðŸ™ðŸ»