Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

13 hours ago, tscott said:

Oh I know she has was it takes to sing well, but like most people she can't hit it every time.  She's a normal person who can sing.  I never have thought of her as perfect, but it doesn't take someone to sound perfect to be entertaining or a star.  It's so sweet that she reacted to her daughter that way.

I'm curious though, why were you "shocked" that she was drinking a coke?  I ask because I know when she did the Pepsi commercial and got banned, she had commented at some point she liked "coke" even though I don't think she is big on soft drinks.

IMG_4829.thumb.jpeg.ebddd30408317ec4ec0e2f498dc5f57d.jpeg

16 hours ago, tscott said:

So what is she singing here? Do you or someone know?

Whatever she is singing sounds so much better than how she sounded when singing The Power of Goodbye. 

She’s singing the bridge of Dov’è l’amore by Cher (the Italian part, Non c’è nessuno non c’è nessuno bello come te ti amo). 

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

She’s singing the bridge of Dov’è l’amore by Cher (the Italian part, Non c’è nessuno non c’è nessuno bello come te ti amo). 

Is she? How interesting that the Cher song came out on the album Believe literally the day before the VH-1 Fashion Awards, and wasn’t released as a single for another year! I know she was tapped to direct a video for the song, but she must have really been stanning for Cher in 1998! 

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

Thank you much.  And yes, I recall that image of her holding a coke.  I also remember around the Pepsi Fiasco that she preferred coke anyway.  Then again, she could have just said that to be stirring the pot.  :whip:

1 hour ago, Alibaba said:

Is she? How interesting that the Cher song came out on the album Believe literally the day before the VH-1 Fashion Awards, and wasn’t released as a single for another year! I know she was tapped to direct a video for the song, but she must have really been stanning for Cher in 1998! 

Madonna said in an interview back then that she loved that song and she wanted to direct the video and it being the first single from the album. They were both at Warner and Liz Rosemberg was also working with Cher, she clearly heard the album in advance. 

She was heavily into macrobiotic diet and yoga then so she needed the sugar from a coke to not faint, both time it was around a performance (VH1 fashion awards & Grammys) I stopped my macrobiotic diet because i always had low energy, i was told to drink coke when i needed a boost. Silly diets.

On 4/24/2023 at 4:16 PM, cosmic_system said:

She posted a visit to the archives, but these are clearly old pictures 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrbeUmwO55n/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

And here is the rosé corset , at the rehearsal at Disney Studios

And the blue cones bra were an option for the dancers, different color for LAV , as you can see Luis wearing, not in Vogue video

20230703_221326.jpg.f4afd26b376562b6e5a6c302486b0217.jpg 

On 7/1/2023 at 10:20 PM, Alibaba said:

I was there for the entire closed set rehearsal. She performed Power of Goodbye about 32 times in a row and sounded absolutely gorgeous. The evening of the performance, her nerves got the best of her. It happens. 

So do you remember if she was singing Cher,  or Rita Pavone ? Was there any other line in Italian, or mixed with English (like Dove L'Amore)? 

On 7/1/2023 at 6:20 PM, Alibaba said:

I was there for the entire closed set rehearsal. She performed Power of Goodbye about 32 times in a row and sounded absolutely gorgeous. The evening of the performance, her nerves got the best of her. It happens. 

She sounded great on the aired Fashion Awards.

On 7/1/2023 at 6:44 PM, Alibaba said:

She’s singing in Italian. She was playing around singing opera. I don’t specifically remember her singing that nor do I recognize what the music is. It was a very long time ago! It was a dress rehearsal. Lola came with the nanny to visit at one point, and Madonna didn’t know she was there…she walked on the train of Madonna’s dress and Madonna yanked on the fabric as she thought someone had stepped on the dress. When she turned around and realized what she’d done, she spent ten minutes hugging her. I remember being shocked because Madonna sat on the edge of the stage in full costume drinking a can of Coke. I was horrified! 😂 As for her vocals, I was mesmerized by how meticulously rehearsed she was. She would hear every little detail and stop the music if she thought something was off or needed attention. Her voice was in fine form, and she gave the impression that she was supremely confident. It was strange to see how nerves affected her voice that evening. Each rehearsal take she nailed the “Do you wanna go higher” with operatic command, and then there was the performance with those unfortunate high “r”s, and a sense of the notes being forced. But I can assure you, the woman had real pipes! I was truly gobsmacked by just how good she sounded.

She sounded great on the live version we got.

14 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Did she?

Not really, but then we have to consider that alot of ROL tracks were tough to sing live.  We know Madonna doesn't have the greatest singing voice, but she has so much more to her live performances that stand out.  More than not, she prevails. That's all that counts. :)

4 hours ago, tscott said:

Not really, but then we have to consider that alot of ROL tracks were tough to sing live.  We know Madonna doesn't have the greatest singing voice, but she has so much more to her live performances that stand out.  More than not, she prevails. That's all that counts. :)

Im not bothered about it but I feel it’s general consensus TPOG live vocals were not great. Same with NRM.

The best in that era was Little Star and ROL on Oprah and Drowned World on that Spanish TV show. Imo she really polished her live vocals by the time she did Music promo and then the Drowned World Tour. American Life promo was also mostly excellent vocally. 

9 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Im not bothered about it but I feel it’s general consensus TPOG live vocals were not great. Same with NRM.

The best in that era was Little Star and ROL on Oprah and Drowned World on that Spanish TV show. Imo she really polished her live vocals by the time she did Music promo and then the Drowned World Tour. American Life promo was also mostly excellent vocally. 

Yeah, I'm not too bothered by it as well because I know a lot of it was a bit out of her range, but like you said, she "polished" her vocals by Music promo and yes, I agree she sounded great during American Life Promo.  I even thought she sounded really great with the RIT tour and Confesssion Tour as well.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I agree. I think the songs of Music were easier to sing, less rangy anyway. But yes, she sounded great on that era. I also think she sung good live till Rebel Heart era. Many wonderful vocal moments with a very clean and clear voice.