Filming of MX tour

Bat-Fan

Guest Nobody Knows Me

What we need at this point is a box set of all of her tours remastered and restored on 4K Blu Ray, including The Virgin Tour, Blond Ambition World Tour (Paris) and Re-Invention World Tour (Paris) and then throw Madame X Tour on the end, wherever she decides to record it.

On 12/17/2019 at 6:51 AM, Nobody Knows Me said:

What we need at this point is a box set of all of her tours remastered and restored on 4K Blu Ray, including The Virgin Tour, Blond Ambition World Tour (Paris) and Re-Invention World Tour (Paris) and then throw Madame X Tour on the end, wherever she decides to record it.

Maybe she could ride a flying pig and throw copies down to all her fans from the sky

On 12/16/2019 at 1:51 PM, Nobody Knows Me said:

Was RIT Paris filmed? I assumed Lisbon was the one considered for release after the broadcasting deal fell through. BAT Paris might not exist anymore unless it is found in the vaults. Everything from Confessions onwards can be upgraded to 4K along Virgin Tour. The others seemed to have been shot on tape. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
3 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Was RIT Paris filmed? I assumed Lisbon was the one considered for release after the broadcasting deal fell through. BAT Paris might not exist anymore unless it is found in the vaults. Everything from Confessions onwards can be upgraded to 4K along Virgin Tour. The others seemed to have been shot on tape. 

Re-Invention World Tour was filmed in its entirety in Paris, as far as I’m concerned. It was filmed by Jonas Åkerlund and parts of it were interspersed in I’m Going To Tell You A Secret. A DVD release was actually scheduled but eventually cancelled.

And honestly there are so many rumours about Blond Ambition filming its become a conspiracy at this point. I read an interview with someone working on the tour who said David Fincher shot the Japan shows in their entirety, Paris was also filmed and I personally believe the footage still exists because Madonna herself said she would release Blond Ambition when she found the film reels, which makes me think she also knows it’s still there. But it’s all speculation. 

On 12/16/2019 at 12:51 PM, Nobody Knows Me said:

What I'd give to have this happen in the next year or two. This would tie us over nicely until a new album release. ?????

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I think the Lisbon dates will be safe from cancellations because I have a strong feeling she will want to have the shows professionally filmed for the concert film. I’d love it if we got a nice simple recording with backstage footage interspersed. 

3 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I think the Lisbon dates will be safe from cancellations because I have a strong feeling she will want to have the shows professionally filmed for the concert film. I’d love it if we got a nice simple recording with backstage footage interspersed. 

She would have to film multible angles/nights

On 12/22/2019 at 11:00 PM, Nobody Knows Me said:

Re-Invention World Tour was filmed in its entirety in Paris, as far as I’m concerned. It was filmed by Jonas Åkerlund and parts of it were interspersed in I’m Going To Tell You A Secret. A DVD release was actually scheduled but eventually cancelled.

And honestly there are so many rumours about Blond Ambition filming its become a conspiracy at this point. I read an interview with someone working on the tour who said David Fincher shot the Japan shows in their entirety, Paris was also filmed and I personally believe the footage still exists because Madonna herself said she would release Blond Ambition when she found the film reels, which makes me think she also knows it’s still there. But it’s all speculation. 

I think Lisbon was the one to be used in the RIT DVD. There was this legal battle later that prevented it from being released. It never will be released and neither will bat, it would have happened by now then.

3 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

We can only hope. The thing is; if she's in serious pain, she could still cancel.  Not only that, she could be in a rather bad mood if they are filming.  

Honestly, I want the Lisbon to be filmed, but I am not going to hold my breath. It makes sense to film this city since the album was originally inspired here.  I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

6 hours ago, MarXus said:

We can only hope. The thing is; if she's in serious pain, she could still cancel.  Not only that, she could be in a rather bad mood if they are filming.  

Honestly, I want the Lisbon to be filmed, but I am not going to hold my breath. It makes sense to film this city since the album was originally inspired here.  I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

Although I am not a fan of majority of songs, I would probably still buy it, but like you say, if she is in a bad mood, I don't want to watch a dvd of her saying how tired she is or in pain. I would be happy if they just released Pride on Youtube.

Or one of the in house MX shows that went well in USA.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
7 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

I think Lisbon was the one to be used in the RIT DVD. There was this legal battle later that prevented it from being released. It never will be released and neither will bat, it would have happened by now then.

They were going to use Paris for the RIT DVD and Lisbon for a televised special. Jonas Åkerlund filmed the Paris show and parts of it can be seen in I’m Going To Tell You A Secret but for some reason, it was never released. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

They were going to use Paris for the RIT DVD and Lisbon for a televised special. Jonas Åkerlund filmed the Paris show and parts of it can be seen in I’m Going To Tell You A Secret but for some reason, it was never released. 

I’ve never understood why this full show hasn’t been released- I bet the footage in HD would be amazing - especially the opening - and I don’t believe these stupid fan theories that only certain parts were filmed ? That doesn’t make sense - the deleted scenes in the dvd have footage from other parts of the show not shown in the actual documentary- I don’t think it’s a rights issue either as she funded it and produced the documentary 

I'd like a double Madame X DVD. The before and after knee. The US leg with the show as thought and the EU leg with a more intimate concert without screen and distracting stuff and no vocoder. After all I thought theatre venues would liberate us from the mega stadium production like. 

BUT MOST OF ALL I don't want the frenetic editing we had on the last DVDs. No more 2 hours video clips because that's what we had since Confession Tour.

Then of course bring the Blond Ambition and RIT DVDs packed with extras. 

8 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Didn't they also digitally color the corset lilac as well?

17 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Of course not ? There is raw amateur footage of that show on YouTube and clearly the corset worn in vogue was the lilac colour ?

Yes. Some Lisbon footage was used in IGTTYAS and they colored the corset lavender to match. 

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I’ve never understood why this full show hasn’t been released- I bet the footage in HD would be amazing - especially the opening - and I don’t believe these stupid fan theories that only certain parts were filmed ? That doesn’t make sense - the deleted scenes in the dvd have footage from other parts of the show not shown in the actual documentary- I don’t think it’s a rights issue either as she funded it and produced the documentary 

Its because of a legal issue. There was a lawsuit because M didnt pay because she was unsatisfied with lisbon filming, that prevented ANY future release of the tour

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

It was definitely filmed in its entirety, because Madonna herself said in an interview during the Confessions era that they were planning on doing a big box set of all the tours including RIT so she wouldn’t have said that if the show wasn’t filmed. It is so frustrating that both Blond Ambition and RIT both exist in their entirety and we could have a Blu-Ray of both.

All of the shows were recorded for venue screens, not sure if archived or only streamed however. They could do something special for 30y anniversery of  Blond Ambition... maybe just releasing one of the random concerts like they did for MJ Bad tour.... BAT London wembley would be great, lol... or re-editing it with all the footage from random recordings in MDNA style, however I don't think they will make any efford doing it, if they release Nice show (inhouse promo version with low bitrate) that would be succes as well.

About Madame X tour, its posible they make another documentary and release only some of the performances, or we get nothing at all.

1 hour ago, Bat-Fan said:

Its because of a legal issue. There was a lawsuit because M didnt pay because she was unsatisfied with lisbon filming, that prevented ANY future release of the tour

That lawsuit was to do with the poorly filmed Lisbon show ( I think it was hamish Hamilton ) not the Paris show - I’m not aware that Lisbon footage was used in the documentary? Doesn’t make sense to me seeing as Jonas directed Paris and hamish shot Lisbon 

44 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

That lawsuit was to do with the poorly filmed Lisbon show ( I think it was hamish Hamilton ) not the Paris show - I’m not aware that Lisbon footage was used in the documentary? Doesn’t make sense to me seeing as Jonas directed Paris and hamish shot Lisbon 

It wasn't!  You've got it right. The concert never saw the light of day because Madonna did not like how it turned out.  As you mentioned it was "poorly filmed".  But if I recall, CBS secured the rights to air the concert special.  Of course, that never happened.  

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Of course not ? There is raw amateur footage of that show on YouTube and clearly the corset worn in vogue was the lilac colour ?

She wore the gold corset in Lisbon and then certain shots were reused and digitially colored in the IGTTYAS documentary. Some fan did a side by side comparison video where they used bits of Lisbon. Someone post it if you find it or screencaps. 

EDIT: (took these)

1XO5XHr.png

XnbUG4q.png

I still see you Marxus as usual. Give it a rest. 

1 hour ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

She wore the gold corset in Lisbon and then certain shots were reused and digitially colored in the IGTTYAS documentary. Some fan did a side by side comparison video where they used bits of Lisbon. Someone post it if you find it or screencaps. 

EDIT: (took these)

1XO5XHr.png

XnbUG4q.png

I still see you Marxus as usual. Give it a rest. 

Excuse me?  You are not a moderator or an administrator here.  Please refrain from telling me how I should post.  I've ignored you up til now.  (Note to @Fighter But you are obsessed with following me around since are tiff in the Superbowl thread.  I apologized for my mistake, but you won't "give it a rest".  You keep following me around laughing at my posts or making snide comments.  Up until now,  I found it quite amusing, but now it's border lining harassment!  If there is an issue in what or how I post, the administrator or moderators will inform me, not you!  I suggest you start ignoring me. 

My apologies to administration or anyone for addressing this publicly. The last thing I want is to cause any drama over this.  I've ignore @thelioncourtheart_comments since he started this silly vendetta against me, but it's getting out of hand, especially since he can't get over some silly argument we had in another thread a few weeks back.  I will not address this again, but wanted to make sure the administrator was aware this is happening.  I plan to continue to ignore, and once again suggest @thelioncourtheart_to put me on ignore.  Solution solved!  Please and thank you!  May you have a great New Year and find peace within! 

• Enrico locked this topic