Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

8 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

A step in the right direction: remastered but not with the dynamic range compressed like Gambler or Everybody (at least in the sample). Now we have the mythical 7'' from a digital source. :whip:

7CXFSB1.png

We’ve had the 7” Luck Star from CD for years.

I think it was on a HitDisc or something similar.

Fantastic to have it on streaming now!

I was certain they were going to put TIC or Celebration version and call it the 7” Version, like they did with Borderline.

20 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

We’ve had the 7” Luck Star from CD for years.

I think it was on a HitDisc or something similar.

Fantastic to have it on streaming now!

I was certain they were going to put TIC or Celebration version and call it the 7” Version, like they did with Borderline.

Nope, that one from GoldDisc 131 isn't the real 7". It says it on the notes. The real 7" is supposed to be on It's That Girl cassette. It's getting all confusing.

https://www.discogs.com/release/11531250-Various-GoldDisc-131

17 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Wasn't it issued on the single CD collection in 1996?

No. It was the album version. Unfortunately the same happens with Open Your Heart, Express Yourself and Like a Prayer (it's an album fade). I hated that japanese boxset with every cell of my body when I discovered that. Now I love it.

44 minutes ago, Roy said:

Okay, so we have 500 versions of the 7" edit intro and we got the video edit.

Lawd, we did the exact same thing in another thread. XD

Lol you're right Roy, every few years we go round in circles until we finally get to a concensus. Then we start again. 

Although, what I would really love is the original 7" version with the two messy edit points cleaned up. 

Hi-Res available on Qobuz:

https://www.qobuz.com/es-es/album/lucky-star-remixes-madonna/w62tvlhmloxec

And also as Hi-Res Lossless and Apple Digital Master on iTunes and Apple Music.

This s**t is remastered. The "Borderline" and "Burning Up/PA" singles were presented only on CD-Quality/Lossless.

8 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Yes, although remastered.

The US Remix is also a new remaster. It's not identical to the one from the 2001 Re-Issue. In fact, the can't be synched up at all, so they must have tweaked the tempo one of the versions.

I would say the 2023 Version is by far the better one. There's more dynamic range and the 7" Edit perfectly synchs up with the digital reconstruction which I meticulously modeled after the Vinyl Rip:

For the different tempos of the US remix, if I am not mistaken, one of the factors that affects it could be the source material or the master they use for the release.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Lucky Star OUT NOW!
3 hours ago, Frozen98 said:

Does anyone have the cd ripped ? 

Thanks I would love to hear the real 7" edit 

That CD doesn't have the real 7" edit according to the notes: This CD contains a unique version of Madonna's "Lucky Star" that is the same as the original 7" edit except it has an extra keyboard stab at the 16-second mark. The original 7" edit has not yet been released on CD.

1 hour ago, Roy said:

For the different tempos of the US remix, if I am not mistaken, one of the factors that affects it could be the source material or the master they use for the release.

It’s strange, in a good way. Using the 40 Japanese boxset to get the original EQ, the wav file almost recovers its original form. What kind of (magical) remaster is this?

JGe3hmT.jpg

11 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

What are everyone’s predictions for how Ain’t No Big Deal will finally arrive on digital?

album special edition bonus track or on a Dress You Up or Papa Don’t Preach of True Blue single? 

My guess would be The First Album reissue unless the True Blue single gets released first and then my bets are on the digital True Blue single.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW