Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

And a vinyl rip would still sound better than the 2024 remaster of "Material Girl"!

Put the needle on it, Emily.

Nothing is stopping that team from 2024 remaster-ing a vinyl rip! lol

[I was just making a joke with this comment, but then I remembered that let's not forget that the OYH extended version available on streaming, on the TB 35th anniversary edition, is the yellow CD single master, but remastered (i.e. compressed)!]

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

And a vinyl rip would still sound better than the 2024 remaster of "Material Girl"!

Put the needle on it, Emily.

This is why I am really enjoying the new Vinyl revolution.  It's great this format has come back strong and a lot of people are enjoying physical music in this manner again.  I know I am.  Of course, I love new technology and how music sounds digitally, but nothing beats a Vinyl.

6 hours ago, McDonna said:

This is why I am really enjoying the new Vinyl revolution.  It's great this format has come back strong and a lot of people are enjoying physical music in this manner again.  I know I am.  Of course, I love new technology and how music sounds digitally, but nothing beats a Vinyl.

❤️❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕💕💕🥰🥰🥰🥰

Do you remember when her team uploaded a Apple Music video of the Immaculate version of Into The Groove? Maybe we are actually getting a separate EP but the everybody fade even though available in Amazon music if I'm not wrong and others I think will not be just put on the Into The Groove single and most likely it will be remastered if it happens

On 3/22/2024 at 6:33 AM, Nahash said:

Schöner, how do I know it's virtually set in stone Live to Tell will come on the eve of El Yom Olliqa Khashaba? (Gosh you are going to need to be a fucking Madonna stan to get this)

My idol @Would You Like To Try, sorry if I asked this firstly to @MPowered, but you may answer me too if you feel like, I'd appreciate that!

3 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

My guess is that your tracklist of the yellow CD Single (2 tracks) is the one actually debuting!:Madonna023:

Yeah, I suspect that's the case as well.  I'm just surprised that Into The Groove didn't get at least an an extended dance mix as well, but so much was happening at the time.  

17 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

MADONNA MADONNA MADONNA MADONNA MADONNA! 

"Angel (Extended Dance Remix)" is copyrighted! 

"Angel" is next after probably Live To Tell

Screenshot_2024-03-22-17-29-47-714_com.google.android.youtube-edit.thumb.jpg.a8eefd5e234b8aeaa4a60f62542a8675.jpg

I’ve been saying this the whole time. This has been copyrighted for quite a while now.

5 hours ago, Nahash said:

My idol @Would You Like To Try, sorry if I asked this firstly to @MPowered, but you may answer me too if you feel like, I'd appreciate that!

We don't know it's virtually set but we have clues 

Hoping the audio of the edit is from their masters or singles collection and not the yellow CD!

1 hour ago, Would You Like To Try said:

My guess is that your tracklist of the yellow CD Single (2 tracks) is the one actually debuting!:Madonna023:

Unlikely because they tacked the 7" Edits onto the other releases as well.

US / EU / UK 7":

Angel - 7" Edit (3:40)
Angel - Dance Mix Edit (4:57)

US 12":

Angel - Extended Dance Mix (6:14)
Into The Groove (4:48)

UK / EU 12":

Angel - Extended Dance Mix (6:14)
Burning Up - Remix (4:48)

The EP tracklist will likely be a mix of the two US formats:

1. Angel - 7" Edit   
2. Angel - Dance Mix Edit   
3. Angel - Extended Dance Mix   
4. Into The Groove   
(5. Burning Up - Remix) If we're lucky…

This is also a pre-True Blue release, so it might be remastered (unfortunately).

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

Yeah, I suspect that's the case as well.  I'm just surprised that Into The Groove didn't get at least an an extended dance mix as well, but so much was happening at the time.  

The only 80's single to receive a 2-track single was Everybody and that was before we got any of the other 80s singles.

So, once again: There is no reason to believe that the 12" single is the one we're getting based on what was previously released.

55 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Hoping the audio of the edit is from their masters or singles collection and not the yellow CD!

Same here!  Though, I'm only gonna assume the 2-track 12 Inch/CD of Angel is most likely what we are going to get.  If there is something more, that's great too.  :)

What’s everyone’s most wanted single on streaming?

mine is Causing A Commotion

Second placed is Dress You Up

I think that if it wasn’t for this singles campaign, they would have done a 40th anniversary digital album for Like A Virgin, and we’d have got Angel and Dress You Up 12” mixes at last that way instead

if Live To Tell does appear this week, I reckon they will follow the anniversaries and do Papa, True Blue and Open this year too. 

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

What’s everyone’s most wanted single on streaming?

mine is Causing A Commotion

Second placed is Dress You Up

I think that if it wasn’t for this singles campaign, they would have done a 40th anniversary digital album for Like A Virgin, and we’d have got Angel and Dress You Up 12” mixes at last that way instead

if Live To Tell does appear this week, I reckon they will follow the anniversaries and do Papa, True Blue and Open this year too. 

I really hope that they use the Yellow CD for the Who's that girl digital single! 

Joking

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW