Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

22 hours ago, MPowered said:

A little reminder for the "know it alls" and the "what's the point" crew.

What exactly was the point of these singles, exactly? 

Also, no the Immaculate Collection Version of Live To Tell isn't an edit. It's just a Q-Sound Mix of the album version. There is not short version of Live To Tell available on streaming. Also, the 7" Edit isn't even some obscure local or promo only edit. It's THE 7" Version released on all formats of the single.

If there was supposedly a point to release the singles above with only one or NO new/exclusive tracks included, then yes there DEFINITELY is a point to release Live To Tell and Crazy For You.

First of all the Immaculate Collection version is an edit since it’s almost a minute shorter. And it’s much better done than the 7” which sounds pretty choppy to me. 
All the EPs you listed have more unique mixes that were not previously available (at least in theory since they fucked up some). And also it’s back when singles went on the release radar and they were producing new streams. Now they don’t. 
And I’m not saying it shouldn’t be released. I just don’t get why there’s so much drama over it. 
We just got I’ll Remember with promo only mixes!

5 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

First of all the Immaculate Collection version is an edit since it’s almost a minute shorter. And it’s much better done than the 7” which sounds pretty choppy to me. 

Choppy? It only has one edit in the middle and it’s perfectly done. The beginning starts with the melody, and the end is a simple early fade. It’s one of her best edits for radio, without anything important left out. And personally I prefer the 7’’ version over the album version. The TIC version sounds like the vocals were recorded in the bathroom of a church.

1 minute ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I do not really care lots that it didn't come but I know that some people cared a lot about it,homever the artwork is to save definitely

Even though I joke about you spoiling the surprises and going against Madonna’s wishes, I still think she removes releases sometimes when she finds out that it’s being leaked. Don’t get me wrong, I love your info leaks on streaming releases, but I’m just saying that Madonna will usually beat the fans in this game when she’s willing to throw punches at us.

3 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Even though I joke about you spoiling the surprises and going against Madonna’s wishes, I still think she removes releases sometimes when she finds out that it’s being leaked. Don’t get me wrong, I love your info leaks on streaming releases, but I’m just saying that Madonna will usually beat the fans in this game when she’s willing to throw punches at us.

Yes she did

6 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

I'm still in a delusional belief that it's coming at some point because of the evidence I've seen with the YouTube album copyright.  I'm not devastated that we didn't get it, just confused.

Maybe another dimension is actually getting fed with a Love Don't Live Here Anymore full EP and Live To Tell while we don't 

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

Choppy? It only has one edit in the middle and it’s perfectly done. The beginning starts with the melody, and the end is a simple early fade. It’s one of her best edits for radio, without anything important left out. And personally I prefer the 7’’ version over the album version. The TIC version sounds like the vocals were recorded in the bathroom of a church.

The magic of Q-Sound hahaha!

I agree the edit of "Live To Tell" is PERFECT. I usually don't like edits of album versions but that one was perfectly done and actually even added some urgency to the song?

But I love the Immaculate mix too, it's haunting as f**k (surely that church or dark empty room echo feeling).

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

I’m just saying that Madonna will usually beat the fans in this game when she’s willing to throw punches at us.

if so she must really lead a very sad life... which I doubt because I'm sure she really isn't into this stuff. Honestly I doubt she was upset about people spoiling digital issues of stuff from 40 years ago. I suppose it must be fan fiction.

Let alone the fact Rhino doesn't even create buzz around it...

On a more serious note I'd say the only thing we need now is those unreleased tracks from Steve Bray: Desperately Seeking Susan, Love attack and Warning signs.

Goodnite and thank you ;)

50 minutes ago, Erotico said:

if so she must really lead a very sad life... which I doubt because I'm sure she really isn't into this stuff. Honestly I doubt she was upset about people spoiling digital issues of stuff from 40 years ago. I suppose it must be fan fiction.

Fan Fiction it is!  The conspiracies some come up with just amuse me.  These releases are no doubt planned pretty much in advance.  There is no way she is that concerned about people leaking out info about which digital single is coming next.  Especially since these are songs she's already released.  Not only that, many of these digital/streamings don't get a lot of press when they are added. So I would think if anything she would be glad people are talking about what is going to be added before hand, that way it generates more traffic to her streaming as well as possible new digital sales.

So no worries @Would You Like To Try, nothing you are saying here and sharing is ruining the digital/streaming re-issues here.  As if she's even paying any attention to anything anyone says here anyway.  At best, there are members at this community (if not fans) who have connections and tips off her management if anything too shady is going on here regarding sharing brand new material.  But no, no one is concerned about some member sharing their findings and expectations of what's coming next.

2 hours ago, luckypierre78 said:

I'm still in a delusional belief that it's coming at some point because of the evidence I've seen with the YouTube album copyright.  I'm not devastated that we didn't get it, just confused.

I thought this too. But I figure it'll come at some point, maybe with all the True Blue singles in June. Couldn't say.

80s singles still not available:

Like A Virgin

Crazy For You

Angel/Into The Groove

Dress You Up

Live To Tell

Papa Don't Preach

True Blue Ain't No Big Deal

Open Your Heart

Who's That Girl

Causing A Commotion

Cherish Supernatural

Oh Father

Obviously some parts of these are available on streaming already.

40 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

I thought this too. But I figure it'll come at some point, maybe with all the True Blue singles in June. Couldn't say.

Another thought is adding it the week of the anniversary it went #1.  So many possibilities.  Of course, I'm not holding my breath for it, and personally there are other songs of hers with actual remixes I would like to see go up before Live To Tell being we really don't have anything more than a edit and instrumental  to add.  :)

7 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Another thought is adding it the week of the anniversary it went #1.  So many possibilities.  Of course, I'm not holding my breath for it, and personally there are other songs of hers with actual remixes I would like to see go up before Live To Tell being we really don't have anything more than a edit and instrumental  to add.  :)

The instrumental is already up but I understand your point

3 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

The instrumental is already up but I understand your point

More the reason this release isn't so necessary.  I can see this just nonchalantly added without much mention.  I can't imagine many really itching for the "edit" to be added, other than just the fact to say it's there. 

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

More the reason this release isn't so necessary.  I can see this just nonchalantly added without much mention.  I can't imagine many really itching for the "edit" to be added, other than just the fact to say it's there. 

I am excited for Angel Dance And The Dance Edit but the Fade and Burning are extras if they even come 

34 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Does someone have all the missing Love Don't Live Here Anymore digital EP mixes on digital quality? Thanks 

I know that if these still don't exist or haven't leaked there is minimum chance someone is going to leak them for some random on the Internet 

Good point.

Was there ever a digital version of the Dress You Up remix edit too?

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW