MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Not just that; the Immaculate dolby remaster may be part of it from their perspective. Look how randomly that happened? Completely arbitrary, zero significance to when it was released. *If* reissues are being worked on, they may also just appear whenever they’re ready.

Fwiw it seems like I’ve seen copies of the first album and Immaculate vinyl more often lately when I peruse the Madonna section of music shops in my city. I wonder if they did standard represses of each to coincide w/the attention each got. Could be coincidental.

To me, the immaculate collection reissue on steaming Dolby atmos was 💯 intentional as it was helping promote a greatest hits tour and vice versa. And if they did repress those vinyls, I’m sure that was intentional as well.

A Dolby Atmos remix requires work and time and they also updated the US certification for the album when "The Immaculate Collection" Atmos version was released (those updates are always by label request - and payment).

Of course it was intentional... they even sent out a press release about it.

43 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Yeah, re Max Martin I clearly remember that, but if he/she is an insider he/she can be a little bit more specific about anything. For example that Max Martin writing session if it was really something new or just teasing and they have been working "only" on tour mixes.

Because just simply claiming "nothing was planned for M40" is not even any insider info :) but yeah, that was my exact point, everyone is an insider these days :D but as @Prayer mentioned it is up to us if we believe such vague "insider" info or not

I think what we got here is two separate things going on.  The Max Martin track seems to be something entirely new and most likely not related to the re-issues.  I don't think that source at Tribe was commenting anything regarding the Max Martin track.  I guess we'll have to wait and see in what comes of that. :)

I definitely was a strong believer M40 was coming in July, but as stated even before then, if nothing comes, I'm no longer defending this Warner deal like I have in the past.  Not that anything was promised, but we had several key anniversaries come and go in the last year, and no album re-issues came of it.  (RE: Erotica 30; ROL 25 and now M40). 

1 minute ago, tscott said:

I think what we got here is two separate things going on here.  The Max Martin track seems to be something entirely new and most likely not related to the re-issues.  I guess we'll have to wait and see in what comes of that. :)

I definitely was a strong believer M40 was coming in July, but as stated even before then, if nothing comes, I'm no longer defending this Warner deal like I have in the past.  Not that anything was promised, but we had several key anniversaries come and go in the last year, and no album re-issues came of it.  (RE: Erotica 30; ROL 25 and now M40). 

If nothing comes? 

We had this discussion before, shouldn't you be blacklisting Warner together with the rest of us after July 27th? Why wait, just do it :Madonna054:

8 minutes ago, Prayer said:

A Dolby Atmos remix requires work and time and they also updated the US certification for the album when "The Immaculate Collection" Atmos version was released (those updates are always by label request - and payment).

Of course it was intentional... they even sent out a press release about it.

Yes but what I mean is there was no significance to when TIC came out. It wasn’t tied to its anniversary.

We were expecting a reissue tied to the 40th anniv of the first album, but maybe that (and others) will come at another time, no relation to the actual album anniversary. Just like the 2001 remasters that came shortly before the DWT.

6 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

If nothing comes? 

We had this discussion before, shouldn't you be blacklisting Warner together with the rest of us after July 27th? Why wait, just do it :Madonna054:

LOL!  But I did say I no longer am defending the Warner deal at least when it comes to the "Landmark" deluxe album re-issues.  If you look back, I revived this thread earlier today, by saying I don't believe M40 is coming. 

But I also see the Warner deal as something beyond than just the Album re-issues.  Obviously, that's what fans are looking forward to, but there is so much more to that deal, which is actually happening.  So many people such as @Prayerand myself have pointed that out time and time again.  Understandably, people are disappointed no Deluxe re-issues have happened yet. 

I guess in the back of my head, I know it will happen eventually, but when is the question.  I have no interest in offering my predictions of when that would happen because I think like most of us though, M40's anniversary would have been a great time to kick off those re-issues. :)

The amount of juicy things we got since the announcement two years ago about the Warner deal, has been sooo delicious for me personally. The fact we we got Causing a Commotion and Who’s that Girl remastered and released on physical was a huge delight for me. Same with Erotica remastered and released on picture disc. The list goes on and on of all the goodies. I couldn’t be happier with the Warner deal.

I didn’t like several of the non-Warner deal things like the sped up release of back that up, material gworl, the feats she did on other people’s records, etc.

But all the Warner/Rhino stuff was amazing over the past two years. 

1 minute ago, MikeyK said:

Yes but what I mean is there was no significance to when TIC came out. It wasn’t tied to its anniversary.

We were expecting a reissue tied to the 40th anniv of the first album, but maybe that (and others) will come at another time, no relation to the actual album anniversary. Just like the 2001 remasters that came shortly before the DWT.

That's another issue the Madonna Tribe forum "insider" pointed out. That we as fans are very aware of every anniversary, but that usually anniversary reissues can be released around the time of the anniversary, yeah, but not necessarily in the proper actual date. It rarely happens, actually.

The 40th seemed too convenient for us to finally get something, but it doesn't work that way. They'll release it when it's finished and when it can sell better, I guess.

10 minutes ago, Prayer said:

That's another issue the Madonna Tribe forum "insider" pointed out. That we as fans are very aware of every anniversary, but that usually anniversary reissues can be released around the time of the anniversary, yeah, but not necessarily in the proper actual date. It rarely happens, actually.

The 40th seemed too convenient for us to finally get something, but it doesn't work that way. They'll release it when it's finished and when it can sell better, I guess.

Yes, when I saw the Janet and U2 pre-orders for their anniversaries, it made me re-think how Madonna's team might be doing things, and that's why I was set on July 27th as at least an announcement for pre-orders.  Even so, U2 came several weeks later after their actual 30th anniversary date of Zooropa album, so I guess it's possible anything still can happen.  But like I've said a number of times already, I'm not holding my breath.  LOL! 

And what does not help is the fact the tour was postponed and possibly all these other projects were actually put on pause as well.  I can't imagine why, but it's just possible.  Anymore, I'm just going to keep the faith, but I'm not going to assume any specific date in the future will be that time, such as her birthday coming up.  :)

I've been working on a big visual upgrade of my ROL box set that'll be out later this week, which has been really fun to make and I hope you all like it, but it's been a little bittersweet too.

I'd thought by now we'd be celebrating pre orders being open for an actual box set or some kind of digital deluxe edition at the minimum, and that my little projects would become dusty relics. No such luck yet 🙁

I wonder what's going on behind the scenes?

I don’t want to be rude to anyone , and please this is not aimed at anyone specific but the wider Madonna fanbase.

Almost every second Madonna fan talks and acts like they are an insider these days.

I really wish fans would stop making up things or repeating made up things for clout. It’s become embarrassing at this point especially the way so many people believe almost anything with the word “insider” in front of it. 10 years ago we had the same drivel but people were far more discerning than they are now.

For eg, ”Insider on Madonnatribe” is not a real source of info. Please quote an actual source.

1 hour ago, BradleyPratt said:

I've been working on a big visual upgrade of my ROL box set that'll be out later this week, which has been really fun to make and I hope you all like it, but it's been a little bittersweet too.

I'd thought by now we'd be celebrating pre orders being open for an actual box set or some kind of digital deluxe edition at the minimum, and that my little projects would become dusty relics. No such luck yet 🙁

I wonder what's going on behind the scenes?

Hey, I can't wait to see your "visual upgrade" for ROL box set.  I love your previous visual designs.  They are so fantastic and surely a fan's dream to have something like what you design. Thank you for what you do.  I look forward to what you share with us. :)

And I feel your disappointment.  I was hoping something was going to be available or we were able to pre-order some deluxe edition re-issue.  Maybe something #soon! LOL!

1 minute ago, tscott said:

Hey, I can't wait to see your "visual upgrade" for ROL box set.  I love your previous visual designs.  They are so fantastic and surely a fan's dream to have something like what you design. Thank you for what you do.  I look forward to what you share with us. :)

And I feel your disappointment.  I was hoping something was going to be available or we were able to pre-order some deluxe edition re-issue.  Maybe something #soon! LOL!

#soon

Old Man Smile GIF by F*CK, THAT'S DELICIOUS

It really confuses me why people still defend this. I mean:

- “nothing was promised, everything was fan hyped”: YES EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT, we are pointing out at the absolute waste of an opportunity to ignore all important landmark dates 

- “FEL was the start of the deal”: ok cool, we could argue a photo shoot is the start of the deal, who cares about that. Everybody wants expansive reissues. Will we get them? Maybe not, but this just shows the huge gap between what fans want and what the label/Madonna wants 

- “nobody cares about anniversaries”: ok then why the announcement 2 years ago made such an emphasis on the 40 year anniversary?

- “they had to announce this 2 years ago because if not fans would be confused about the madame x live dvd being released by Warner”: more confused about that than the 2 year old vague announcement about possible re-releases? We are at page 216 of confusion lol

- “a Madonna tribe insider said that…”: who cares about insider non-info. At least they could come up with something false but at least interesting so we could talk about it lol

- “they will release it when it’s ready”: WE KNOW, but it’s been 2 years, what are they re-recording the whole thing? Re-shooting every picture? WHAT TAKES 2 YEARS TO IMPLEMENT?

so sorry about the bitterness but all of this makes no sense. I am in “prepare to be disappointed” mode, at least if it’s great I will be pleasantly surprised. If nothing happens and the deal is about uploading singles to streaming, then so be it :(. I could live with it, I wish they just said what’s going on and if that’s the most we can expect. 

if it finally comes and it is great, I will be so happy. JUST TELL US WHATS GOING ON

Edited by Diieeego (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Diieeego said:

- “they will release it when it’s ready”: WE KNOW, but it’s been 2 years, what are they re-recording the whole thing? Re-shooting every picture? WHAT TAKES 2 YEARS TO IMPLEMENT?

I swear they must be making 100% legit biological clones of Madonna, so she can be releasing these re-issues for another thousand years... Otherwise I cannot come up with any possible explanation why this is taking such a long time. 

Like I wrote before, they had 2 years to do a re-issue, to re-issue already existing album! Add new remixes, some demos from vault and release it in some nice box (they have plenty amazing fanmade inspirations available online, not even such big effort) and on some colored vinyl maybe. And they were not even able to that for a single album in 2 years even if they knew M40 is coming in 2 years when making announcement

So unless they are cloning Madonna, at this point I don't understand what they are doing exactly... 

27 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

I swear they must be making 100% legit biological clones of Madonna, so she can be releasing these re-issues for another thousand years... Otherwise I cannot come up with any possible explanation why this is taking such a long time. 

Like I wrote before, they had 2 years to do a re-issue, to re-issue already existing album! Add new remixes, some demos from vault and release it in some nice box (they have plenty amazing fanmade inspirations available online, not even such big effort) and on some colored vinyl maybe. And they were not even able to that for a single album in 2 years even if they knew M40 is coming in 2 years when making announcement

So unless they are cloning Madonna, at this point I don't understand what they are doing exactly... 

Staging a world tour

10 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Staging a world tour

I really don't expect a whole Warner is working on tour. That's a corporate, they have various departments with thousands of employees. 

Madonna, dancers, and other stuff, they are working on tour and doing rehearsals, not Warner. Moreover, they started a tour prep more than one year from the announcement, so they had a plenty of time to prepare at least one reissue (and still have since tour is now postponed due to unfortunate circumstances) 

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t want to be rude to anyone , and please this is not aimed at anyone specific but the wider Madonna fanbase.

Almost every second Madonna fan talks and acts like they are an insider these days.

I really wish fans would stop making up things or repeating made up things for clout. It’s become embarrassing at this point especially the way so many people believe almost anything with the word “insider” in front of it. 10 years ago we had the same drivel but people were far more discerning than they are now.

For eg, ”Insider on Madonnatribe” is not a real source of info. Please quote an actual source.

Remember we're all in the same boat. We love her and her music, we want her legacy to be properly celebrated and we want info about the new releases.

Not everyone here reads the other forums. For instance, if I read something somewhere (M Tribe, Pop Justice) that I think it could be useful (not the odd Twitter post by someone with 5 followers), I post it here as well. I don't have too, I can keep it for myself (what for?).

If you prefer not to know what people are saying, that's OK, but it was through the other forums that we found out about the next upcoming digital releases earlier, or tracklists before anywhere else, etc.

No one here works at Rhino or is connected to her, so I don't know what you mean by "quote an actual source". No one here is Liz Rosenberg.

Again, we're all in the same boat and trying to find anything that can be useful.

A rumor is a rumor. And should be taken as such. Sometimes they're true, sometimes they're not.