MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

Like A Virgin

True Blue

Like A Prayer

Ray Of Light

Music

Confessions 

would be considered her commercial landmark albums and will all defo get special editions from Warner. 

Erotica

Madonna

American Life

Are probably considered more outliers or second tier based on commercial appeal for Warner but may be ones that Madonna would want to champion. 

Bedtime Story and Hard Candy is no man’s land. Commercial big hitter because of Take A Bow and 4 Minutes commercial success and the Babyface /Justin connections and the success of Sticky & Sweet numbers. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, steady75 said:

It’s Warner. Princes reissues started with his biggest album Purple Rain and since then there’s been no direct order certainly not chronological.

I can see that possibly happening with Madonna's catalog too.  And why not start with the album that made her a household name all over the planet?  It just makes a lot of sense. From that on, there is no way they are going to keep making it about the 40th Anniversary of each album.  They might not package LAV as a 40th Anniversary, but it can very well be a good starting point. And I also keep in mind, that the deal did mention this was a "multi-year" deal, so this could very well go on for the next five to ten years. But of course, we''ll hust have to wait and see what happens. I'm not giving up on those re-issues just yet.  They are coming!  :party:

On 12/2/2023 at 6:05 AM, Anapausis said:

Well, you know these box sets were both a way to celebrate Kylie's silver jubilee in the industry (they were actually planned for release 3 years before they really got but their launch was postponed several times due to remastering difficulties, esp with MV's since all masters for PWL MV's got burned in a fire incident years ago) and the last chance for Pete Waterman to cash on Kylie's gold mine before he had to deliver her the masters for her entire PWL catalogue due to the deal Kylie signed to PWL thanks to Terry Blamey, right?

Madonna never has had something resembling to that. Except that to celebrate her departure from Warner she released Celebration GH and DVD video collection.

Oh wow, I never knew all that background information about these sets, thanks for sharing. Interesting stuff!

Just now, Prayer said:

Apparently she's getting a new song placement with "Ray Of Light" on the next GTA video game series.

Which means good money $$$$ for her.

Warner doing their job in the placements department and yes, us getting nothing in the reissues one, thank you very much.

GTA V had Kylie and Robbie Williams' Kids on the soundtrack, as well as some other decent songs

8 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Apparently she's getting a new song placement with "Ray Of Light" on the next GTA video game series.

Which means good money $$$$ for her cause that franchise is huge.

Warner doing their job in the placements department and yes, us getting nothing in the reissues one, thank you very much.

Thank you for sharing this.  I'm sure this is all to do with the new deal as well.  But yes, we've been getting absolutely "NOTHING" since this deal started!  :smuglaugh:

12 hours ago, Prayer said:

Which means good money $$$$ for her cause that franchise is huge.

Are we sure about this? It was a meme on twitter this past week to make up songs that are gonna be in that game. I saw the tweet you're probably referring to but I just took it as another contribution to the meme (aka made-up)

6 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Are we sure about this? It was a meme on twitter this past week to make up songs that are gonna be in that game. I saw the tweet you're probably referring to but I just took it as another contribution to the meme (aka made-up)

I know, that's why I said apparently. We'll see... (I didn't see the tweet, but two reports on big Madonna IG accounts - can't remember which ones now haha xd)

On 12/2/2023 at 11:53 PM, steady75 said:

Like A Virgin

True Blue

Like A Prayer

Ray Of Light

Music

Confessions 

would be considered her commercial landmark albums and will all defo get special editions from Warner. 

Erotica

Madonna

American Life

Are probably considered more outliers or second tier based on commercial appeal for Warner but may be ones that Madonna would want to champion. 

Bedtime Story and Hard Candy is no man’s land. Commercial big hitter because of Take A Bow and 4 Minutes commercial success and the Babyface /Justin connections and the success of Sticky & Sweet numbers. 

Keep on dreaming...

• 2 weeks later...

Is this still happening ? I’d forgotten all about this “ re-issue campaign which is M is personally going to curate “ … this will be my last ever post on this now as I know I’ve annoyed everyone with my bitching about it but you know what , sue me. Things changed this year - m nearly died and still managed to give us an amazing tour and even if we never get an unreleased song , a full VT recording or RIT full tour or my most wanted unreleased concert of WTG Florence I would rather have M alive 😘🥰 thank you and have a great new year and Xmas 😘🥰