MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Ok but nobody is forcing you to buy the merch. Besides, all that stuff is on her website too; I was merely pointing out that if they released some reissues, they could have made thousands more by selling it at the shows as well as in stores.

And just to point out, those lines for merch booths were MASSIVE, so yes people went there prepared to spend lots of money on her.

But I think you are missing the point.  They know the "re-issues" could really make them some money.  While I originally thought, having some of these ready for the tour would be excellent, but the problem is, they will be expensive.  There is already a lot of expensive merchandise that is tour related which they will want to sell.  Meanwhile the re-issues are a separate entity.  It makes sense to wait until after the tour.  Not only that, the idea is to re-issue landmark albums.  LAV is most definitely a landmark album. It's the album that made her a world-wide star.  That anniversary is coming up later this year. If they are smart, they will have at least the reissue of that album ready for this fall to celebrate it's 40th Anniversary.  My thought; this is what happening. Also, there was a source that claimed the debut and LAV are coming at the same time, so they might be packaging it all together.  It will be expensive. I don't believe they would sell many "reissues" at the concerts. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Ok but nobody is forcing you to buy the merch. Besides, all that stuff is on her website too; I was merely pointing out that if they released some reissues, they could have made thousands more by selling it at the shows as well as in stores.

And just to point out, those lines for merch booths were MASSIVE, so yes people went there prepared to spend lots of money on her.

Of course noboby is forcing you silly. If they were they would sell even less tickets! Much less reissues! You are a silly goose.

People out there havin' to budget!

19 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

I don't think so, talking from my own experience :)

In 2022, I owned exactly zero vinyls, and was no interested in that format at all.

In 2023, I fell in love with that format and bought approximately 200 vinyls. 

In 2024, I am planning to buy even more.. And I see a lot of people around me occasionally buying some vinyls even if they were not interested in buying music on any psychical format for years.

So yeah, I don't think that physical media is dead and vinyl mania is over. It will stay for few more years (as projected by professionals) :)

how her music sound like in vinyl ? i could not comprehend..... i only listen to TAPE and CDs.... then...spotify replaced them all

33 minutes ago, gst6662000 said:

how her music sound like in vinyl ? i could not comprehend..... i only listen to TAPE and CDs.... then...spotify replaced them all

It depends.. For example, COADF sounds a bit lifeless on pink vinyl, to be honest, I rather listen to that album on Spotify. 

But there are other albums that sound more "live" and "warm" on vinyls than on digital. But it's not an easy question, I guess it also depends what kind of turntable, amplifier and speakers you have etc. 

Rather than sound, I actually fell in love with 'big' vinyl format itself. Good looking big covers, varianty of colored vinyls, slipping it out of the sleeve, placing on a turntable, dropping the needle, turning the vinyl on the other side every four songs or so. 

It's a whole new experience for me that actually helped me to enjoy music much more after years of streaming where I usually just click play and pay no more attention. Listening to vinyl, I need to actually 'book' a time just for music. Similarly as you go to the cinema, for example. Where you need to devote time to drive/walk there, and then you are sitting, having fun and watching a movie without being disturbed by other activities. 

It's same for me with vinyls where I need to devote a time for listening to it, and then be fully immersed to.. well only listening. 

The way the Interscope albums will be back under the Warner roof by the time the first reissue happens. It seemed like a huge way off at the announcement. 

Wild. Absolutely wild. 

Time goes by so slowly. 

Maybe a lot of the sales drivers for the reissues were built around the biopic which was put on hold hence the radio silence. 

Obviously plans changed when the movie was put on hold and she decided to go on tour. 2022 she had "Finally Enough Love" and 2023 the tour.

Last we heard is the first two albums reissues are coming this year, but I don't believe anything now. We'll see. "Like A Virgin 40" is a big one to miss, but they missed "Madonna 40" last year so.

Plus her new album, we know she's been working on that for a while and I'm sure she can't wait to put that out as well. This is her longest gap ever between studio albums.

1 hour ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I was just thinking about this yesterday. 2025 seemed like so distant at the time.

What is even more crazy is that we have got an announcement from Warner back in 2021. It is 2024 and we've got exactly 0 reissues. So after years of waiting, I'm just wondering what was the point of that announcement? They didn't need to do that only because of FEL back then.

I am fine if the first reissue is coming in 2026 or whenever, but then they should have hold it back and let us know only when something is coming. All this marketing strategy, or whatever it is, is kind of crap. 

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

The way the Interscope albums will be back under the Warner roof by the time the first reissue happens. It seemed like a huge way off at the announcement. 

Wild. Absolutely wild. 

Time goes by so slowly. 

Maybe a lot of the sales drivers for the reissues were built around the biopic which was put on hold hence the radio silence. 

Imagine if the first big reissue is like MDNA or something :rip:

1 hour ago, maddy1111 said:

What is even more crazy is that we have got an announcement from Warner back in 2021. It is 2024 and we've got exactly 0 reissues. So after years of waiting, I'm just wondering what was the point of that announcement? They didn't need to do that only because of FEL back then.

Oh lord, we all know who's gonna reply to this with their same old paragraph as if we haven't heard it a million times 

3 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Same! I want a super deluxified special edition of this album just as much as every other album! But I would prefer chronological order, I think.

ohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

i super love that era and that albummmmmm

still remember the day, March 2012, was morning, when i go out from my home to go to the record store and buy it.....

the cover and the booklet are beautiful.......

and the songs......

so wow......

one of the album with the most songs she ever do it...... 

so in love with that era.......

1 hour ago, maddy1111 said:

I am fine if the first reissue is coming in 2026 or whenever, but then they should have hold it back and let us know only when something is coming. All this marketing strategy, or whatever it is, is kind of crap. 

thank you

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

Obviously plans changed when the movie was put on hold and she decided to go on tour. 2022 she had "Finally Enough Love" and 2023 the tour.

Last we heard is the first two albums reissues are coming this year, but I don't believe anything now. We'll see. "Like A Virgin 40" is a big one to miss, but they missed "Madonna 40" last year so.

Plus her new album, we know she's been working on that for a while and I'm sure she can't wait to put that out as well. This is her longest gap ever between studio albums.

I know some of us floated the idea of Madonna "eras" before rather than specific album anniversaries that includes the tours, movies and side projects from around that time too. So the era is revisited through the celebration of that era with various releases from all projects.

• Movies on streaming  (Netflix / Amazon / Disney / Apple etc)
  • Album reissues and deluxe versions,
  • New mixes of old songs released with current artists
  • Tours brought to TV & Music streaming, Blue Ray
  •  Coffee table book with notes, design and production details, Hand written lyrics, notes from Madonna of present and some entries from her diaries and scrapbooks. 
  • Genius Interview documenting the writing process of some of each era with the relevant producers. 

That all feels much more like the kind of celebration her career deserves. A bit like Bowies eras. 

The Virgin Years - Madonna - DSS - VQ - Like A Virgin - Live Aid - The Virgin Tour

White Heat - Shanghai Surprise - True Blue - Who's That Girl Film & OST - YCD - WTG tour

Blond Ambition - Like A Prayer -  I'm Breathless  - Dick Tracy - Blond Ambition Tour - Speed The Plough - Bloodhounds Of Broadway  - Truth Or Dare

S.E.X - Immaculate Collection - League Of Their Own - Erotica -  Body Of Evidence - Dangerous Game - The Girlie Show - S.E.X book

Logic & Reason - Ill Remember - Bedtime Stories - STR - Evita - Four Rooms - Girl Six

Shanti - Ray Of Light - Beautiful Stranger - Drowned World Tour

Americana - The Next Best Thing - Music - GHV2 - American Life - Die Another Day - Swept Away - Reinvention Tour - I'm Going To Tell You A Secret - Live 8

Sticky Disco - COAD - Confessions Tour - Hard Candy - Sticky & Sweet Tour - Live Earth - Celebration

Make your own ideas for MDNA onwards