Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

3 hours ago, Andreo said:

So it made around 3.1M streams yesterday? it should reach a wider audience with the playlist and radio support, hopefully it grows. Still good especially for a weekend update (all songs decrease in streams and sales during weekends) 

Are we serious? Almost 7M streams in 48 hours. Gosh.

This just has started.

12 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It counts as one and if it charts it will too, so... like it or not, she's credited so it's her song too.

(She didn't sacrifice not having a co-writer credit for nothing hehe)

I wish she did though.  Her luck, this is the song that probably will win all the awards and she can only walk away saying, I sang on the track.  But hey, if this song can bring her some positive exposure, then I welcome it. It seems it is working. Small steps!  :)

17 minutes ago, tscott said:

I wish she did though.  Her luck, this is the song that probably will win all the awards and she can only walk away saying, I sang on the track.  But hey, if this song can bring her some positive exposure, then I welcome it. It seems it is working. Small steps!  :)

I think she's been smart with this. And "played the game". She could have easily demanded to change a line and get a co-writing credit but... she didn't. She played smart. What she's getting out of this collaboration is way better than a big royalties check - not that she need it really and not that she doesn't want that always but...

This is probably the smartest career move she's done in ages.

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I think she's been smart with this. And "played the game". She could have easily demanded to change a line and get a co-writing credit but... she didn't. She played smart. What she's getting out of this collaboration is way better than a big royalties check - not that she need it really and not that she doesn't want that always but...

And she may have set the stage for an album collaboration with The Weeknd which she most definitely will get writing and producers credit.  At least, I'm hoping.  Those two could really produce a sweet sounding album. 

5 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Agreed!

And if Abel does work with Madonna on her next album, we know Mike Dean and his crew would be there to give her that ‘Abel’ sound.

8 hours ago, Prayer said:

#1 song already on her Spotify Top 10:

top101.png.6542a2fe17bfbaf5f8d8adde7e06a950.png

Remember this Top 10 reflects her most successful tracks on Spotify in the last 28 days.

Pretty ironic that a song called "Popular" is her most 'popular' track on Spotify.  I'm glad it's doing so well, but part of me prefers her own work to be #1, rather a song she only plays a small role in.  But it is what it is.  If this can help bring more attention to her own music, then I'm all for it. :)

3 minutes ago, tscott said:

Pretty ironic that a song called "Popular" is her most 'popular' track on Spotify.  I'm glad it's doing so well, but part of me prefers her own work to be #1, rather a song she only plays a small role in.  But it is what it is.  If this can help bring more attention to her own music, then I'm all for it. :)

I understand and share that feeling in a way but let's be happy, this is the best that could happen to her at this point.

I'm not mad about "Popular" (like it but that's it) but still if it's a Top 40-Top 20-Top 10 hit, we all win.

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I understand and share that feeling in a way but let's be happy, this is the best that could happen to her at this point.

I'm not mad about "Popular" (like it but that's it) but still if it's a Top 40-Top 20-Top 10 hit, we all win.

On the same page.  Besides, I've been content with the fact, it's most likely only going to be features or collabs with other artists that will possibly score her another Top 40.  I love to be proven wrong though.  Sometimes little things like this can start a chain of events to happen. 

37 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"Popular" up to 9.259.220 streams.

That's 9M in three days.

8 minutes ago, Andreo said:

How is it charting in the Spotify charts? 

I thought that he was referring to Spotify streams, but I may be wrong? 

@Prayer& @f78k, I'll be curious how Like A Prayer fairs in the next day or two since THE IDOL premiere. 

1 hour ago, tscott said:

On the same page.  Besides, I've been content with the fact, it's most likely only going to be features or collabs with other artists that will possibly score her another Top 40.  I love to be proven wrong though.  Sometimes little things like this can start a chain of events to happen. 

It's exactly their strategy.

The collab with The Weeknd is buying her a looooooooooot of streams simply because he's the most streamed artist right now, so her profile and songs are going to bump into a looooooooooot of users' streams. Same with Sam Smith and Christine and The Queens. And maybe a couple of surprises (Max Martin ???)

Since her own profile has a looooooooooot of stamina (never forget that point : it can work because she's the fucking supermegapopstar Madonna with hits and back catalog and fanbase and blabla) and the tour is coming and it seems there is more Madonna cued into the series (remember Kate Bush last year with Stranger Things), she could hit home run and climb to #1 artist for some time (a week at least?) if planets align. Top 10 would be nice...