The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread 👑

nikolica

24 minutes ago, tscott said:

I hear she's secretly working on her biopic again. It's almost completely filmed.  Rocco is to play Madonna.  Sean Penn will play her father.  Kardashian girls will all play her sisters.  Rosie O'Donnell will play her stepmother.  Debbie Mazar will play Madonna's mother. Christopher is playing himself. Jennifer Coolidge will play Liz Rosenberg.  And Lourdes will play Guy Oseary. 

Title: Keep it together in the family :laughing:

Yeah, I am really interested what the collaboration was about for various reasons:

- she is clearly not making a new album, so it was not that 

- she is clearly not releasing any M40 greatest hits album as well, since it would have been announced due to vinyl pressings way before the tour was postponed

- I don't really think they are going to include any new songs to reissues, it would be just weird to have for example 1st album reissued with 1 new song from 2023, so this option is highly unlikely as well

So what this could be? Why they were recording a new song together? 

I know it is a new song and was kind of confirmed by Max, but imagine the disappointments if we get the info in October they were only doing some rearrangements for tour. Hopefully not... 

14 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Yeah, I am really interested what the collaboration was about for various reasons:

- she is clearly not making a new album, so it was not that 

- she is clearly not releasing any M40 greatest hits album as well, since it would have been announced due to vinyl pressings way before the tour was postponed

- I don't really think they are going to include any new songs to reissues, it would be just weird to have for example 1st album reissued with 1 new song from 2023, so this option is highly unlikely as well

So what this could be? Why they were recording a new song together? 

I know it is a new song and was kind of confirmed by Max, but imagine the disappointments if we get the info in October they were only doing some rearrangements for tour. Hopefully not... 

I think it was just a stand alone single to coincide with the tour. Like tour promotes the single and single promotes the tour kinda thing.

50 minutes ago, roberMDNA said:

I think it was just a stand alone single to coincide with the tour. Like tour promotes the single and single promotes the tour kinda thing.

Might be, but then wondering if she shot a music video or we will get "just" a single. If song really has a hit potential (I cannot imagine not with Max) then it would be pity "just" to release digital single and that's it. But we will see #soon

59 minutes ago, roberMDNA said:

I wanna agree with this.  And yeah, they wrote a new song together.  He commented on the song on his social media that it was very 80's.

1 hour ago, maddy1111 said:

I feel Warner was fishing for a new Greatest Hits and Madonna came back with the idea of celebrating her 50 #1 Dance songs as an alternative. Or possibly Warner suggested it as a compromise to not doing a typical GH's set.

6 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I wanna agree with this.  And yeah, they wrote a new song together.  He commented on the song on his social media that it was very 80's.

I feel Warner was fishing for a new Greatest Hits and Madonna came back with the idea of celebrating her 50 #1 Dance songs as an alternative. Or possibly Warner suggested it as a compromise to not doing a typical GH's set.

Yes, I have a same feeling here that FEL was some kind of compromise between Warner (pushing another greatest hits collection before planning of Celebration Tour) and Madonna (who couldn't see a reason for it). 

Anyway, I like we ended up with FEL. I love that remix collection (and rainbow vinyls). Another hits collection would be pointless, at least for me, because let's be honest here, she barely had any hits in the last 10 years, so not that much changed from Celebration album. It makes more sense to me to release FEL and then just reissue Celebration on vinyl and promote it a bit before tour. 

From ATRL on general "Madonna" discussion:

"Someone posted on Ukmix that when you shuffle songs from Madonna on Alexa, it says "this artist has a new album coming soon, would you like to be notified?". Is this true? Can anyone confirm or deny this?"

Surely they refer to anothe maxi single added to streaming, but anyway...

41 minutes ago, roberMDNA said:

"Someone posted on Ukmix that when you shuffle songs from Madonna on Alexa, it says "this artist has a new album coming soon, would you like to be notified?". Is this true? Can anyone confirm or deny this?"

Why would amazon leak a possible new album it's probably a maxi single release hopefully because I would not like amazon to leak one of her projects

2 hours ago, roberMDNA said:

My guess it's probably related to a digital release EP which are a lot of times referred as albums.  It's possible Alexa could be referring to the MX Tour vinyl. But it's already available for pre-order, so I'd think Alexa would have recognized that and asked if one would want to be taken to a site to purchase/pre-order.

4 hours ago, roberMDNA said:

I believe this is correct. A full new solo album will be released soon in my opinion.

11 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

So we are really taking it seriously because of Alexa?! :Madonna049:

It's definitely referring to Madame X Live Album or another digital maxi single (often referred as remix album) 

Thank you.  Anyone expecting a NEW album of NEW material in the coming months are going to be very disappointed.  Clearly, Alexa was referring to the MX Live album. :)