"I'm Breathless"

Holger

8 hours ago, itzjak said:

I'm still wonder why Sooner Or Later has different lyrics in the Oscar performance, I love it by the way, at the time mexican singer Yuri, frequently labeled as "the mexican Madonna" release an big band album... like "Breathless"

The Oscars performace doesn't have different lyrics. They are the same as the song, other than her adlibs, such as "hugging and squeezing and petting," addressing "General Schwarzkopf" and her ad libbing "A girl can get awfully awful in a spotlight".

13 hours ago, McDonna said:

The Oscars performace doesn't have different lyrics. They are the same as the song, other than her adlibs, such as "hugging and squeezing and petting," addressing "General Schwarzkopf" and her ad libbing "A girl can get awfully awful in a spotlight".

So basically it does have different lyrics :laughing:

I absolutely love I'm breathless and I'm always disapointed it's excluded from Madonna's album discography...

Only 3 songs belong to Dick Tracy and others are inspired by but it really makes a real album with Madonna songwritting on it ! I will never understand why it's not included : in the cheap Warner's boxset of 2012, in this week Madonna's add to create Celebration playlist... Actually I think it's brillant from her she made this kind of concept album of 50's big bang jazz music. She was so good on it. It's one of her most original album. She can do something else but dance music !

I think that He's a man is one of the song Madonna's voice is at her best.

Hanky Panky is an excellent single. Fun and kinky.

Back in business is a fucking good song I could die after hearing it live (so I'll never die...)

And so on...!

I do love I'm Breathless, it´s such an excellent album, her voice is outstanding and the concept is something completely unexpected to early 90s.

Sooner Or Later should've been released as single, I can´t realize it wasn´t a single, such classy song.

Hanky Panky is such a good track, funny, soft. I love the remixes.

He´s A Man and Back In Business should, at least, have a live performance, The Girlie Show, Re-Invention Tour and Madame X could be good shows to have them. They are amazing.

What Can You Lose, It would be lovely to have just a Madonna version and YES, I´d love to listen to this song live. Her voice is perfect in this track.

IMO I'm Breathless is an album studio, I always consider it as an studio album. Few tracks are inspired in Dick Tracy only. I hope Madonna remembers more this album. I can´t understand why fans don´t appreciate this album so much. And yes, if you like IB you probably like MX (you not Faz Gostoso).

On 9/6/2023 at 8:48 AM, Holger said:

Maybe this will help to understand what I mean:

https://mega.nz/file/al9mlRZa#_fImq7eMy98BPQsS7DJ1DbAW6xrgq0DrW_yYAn7d1Yk

I just wish all of this would sound less keyboard-ish and instead would use real piano, etc. Or even a better keyboard sound that's closer to real piano.

Breathless is a hybrid of modern and old genres.  It is brilliant that she utilized the modern style of the day with the period pieces.  Breathless is perfection.

• 2 weeks later...