Any fans of her children’s books here?

Blue Skies

I must say for all the things she’s done in her career these books might come off as the most sort of unique thing she’s done.

I recall when The English Roses came out and ironically looking it up it’s 20 years old today.  September 15, 2003.   I’d like to think her heart was in the right place (as it usually is imo) but I never tried to read any of them.  

I think the English Roses book was about a beautiful girl who’s not accepted by her classmates and misses her mom?  Like it was supposed to be a little autobiographical 

Far better than what some fans make of it.  It definitely is a move by Madonna you wouldn't expect, earlier in her career, but I'm happy she did it. She only proved how versatile she can be. She's shown to some she can be very influential in every way by releasing children books, especially since her first book was a extremely sexually driven on an adult level. I love the contrast.  She shows she is far more multifaceted and nothing is impossible.  I knew a first grade teacher from the early 2000's who read Mr. Peabody's Apples to her class. She was an older teacher, close to retirement.  I was a bit surprised she read that book to her class, knowing she was a bit conservative, but she actually praised the book.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my hands on them this summer. I was the target when they were first released but I've only just read them and had no idea they existed until 2010. I've read all of The English Roses so far, and they're adorable and cheesy and I noticed all of the Madonna references I would have missed as a kid. I enjoyed them and I'm saving them for my future daughter and my niece if she'd like to read them when she's old enough.