The song that will make the difference on this 2023 tour.

chaosmen1984mk

It is already Madonna's custom to pause in the midst of the ecstasy and strong emotions that each of her tours cause us to try to remind us through a song of the reality of the world in which we live.

Sorry Remix, Get Stupid, Nobody knows me and Illuminati served at the time to remind us that in other parts of the world wars, slavery, discrimination and other realities still persist and seem to be invincible over time.

For this new tour 2023 I think Frozen could be a good option since the lyrics of the first verses and the chorus fit perfectly as a reproach to the individualism of people who do not want to see the sad reality of other parts of the world or the world leaders who only seek their own benefit.

What song do you think Madonna chooses to continue with this noble custom that has made her stand out from the rest of the artists who only use their tours to make money without caring about taking advantage of the opportunity to achieve a change in the minds of all the thousands of people who attend their shows?

Maybe Hold Tight. With a change in the tone of the music, the lyrics could fit into a social theme.

”We made it through the fire” / “we're gonna be alright” / “If you're hurt then I wanna be the one that's bleeding”

Btw I'm sure that she will talk about the situation between Israel and Palestine, but wonder if she will include this topic into an interlude or some other media.

Well Stuart said there would be references to various major events of the last 40 years, including the AIDS crisis, so to start we can wonder what song she’ll use for that.

I’ve yet to hear anything about In This Life and I doubt it’ll be performed. Maybe Live To Tell? She already used it in the Confessions Tour in reference to AIDS in Africa though.

I think live to tell personally as she has lots of tales to tell - I have to say after reading the Stuart price article I’m a bit more intrigued on this tour based on 

he knows how to remix a Madonna tour and is the best music producer she could have used on this  - sorry Kevin no tunes but you suck as a music producer ( same for Mirwais too ) 

no band means this will all be backing tracks 

this could be a very unique tour depending on how it could look from a visual perspective ( he mentions news and music videos ) maybe she will reinvent the concert experience again - I’m very jealous of the people who will see this opening night 

20 hours ago, MikeyK said:

Well Stuart said there would be references to various major events of the last 40 years, including the AIDS crisis, so to start we can wonder what song she’ll use for that.

I’ve yet to hear anything about In This Life and I doubt it’ll be performed. Maybe Live To Tell? She already used it in the Confessions Tour in reference to AIDS in Africa though.

I just read the interview and indeed Stuart mentions that there will be several songs that will serve to represent various social events, both negative and positive I suppose, that have occurred in the last 40 years. Something that makes me happy because in the last tours they only used one song in the form of an interlude for that purpose.

On the topic of AIDS, I think This Used to Be My Playground could be a good option. There is part of the lyrics that evokes the absence of a friend who is probably no longer in this world. Live to tell could also be a good option but Madonna already used it on the Confessions Tour and I don't think she will repeat the same idea again.

20 hours ago, Alm47 said:

Maybe Hold Tight. With a change in the tone of the music, the lyrics could fit into a social theme.

”We made it through the fire” / “we're gonna be alright” / “If you're hurt then I wanna be the one that's bleeding”

Btw I'm sure that she will talk about the situation between Israel and Palestine, but wonder if she will include this topic into an interlude or some other media.

It's true. Hold Tight was another of my options after Frozen in terms of possible songs that could serve to reflect certain social realities. On the other hand, Ghosttown would be perfect to deal with the theme of wars although I don't know if it is part of the definitive setlist.

And I think it goes without saying that Express Yourself would be perfect to celebrate the rights won in recent years for women.

If we are guided by Stuart Price's statements that these moments will be the best of the show, I already want to imagine what the staging will be like. Maybe something theatrical and emotional and no longer simple interludes which were what was customary to do until now but which I think fell somewhat short because the impact would have been greater if Madonna intervened speaking or giving her point of view on these social issues. Something similar to In this life on the Girlie Show.