The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t like it at all, team blue here 

Absolutely. Team blue here too. I don't understand her habit of wearing so much black clothing in her tour wardrobe.

By the way, thinking about the last number, she has never been one to dwell on farewells or be affectionate with her fans at concerts, but really the ending of this concert - as wonderful as the show itself is - is the worst of all her tours. She simply dissapears from the stage in the middle of a cut down remixed version of her song. It feels very strange.

Edited by Dick Tracy (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, Dick Tracy said:

Absolutely. Team blue here too. I don't understand her habit of wearing so much black clothing in her tour wardrobe.

By the way, thinking about the last number, she has never been one to dwell on farewells or be affectionate with her fans at concerts, but really the ending of this concert - as wonderful as the show itself is - is the worst of all her tours. She simply dissapears from the stage in the middle of a cut down remixed version of her song. It feels very strange.

I loved it. I left the arena singing “ma darna ! Ma darna !” Over and over every single show. It’s a little victory dance she does at the end.

1 hour ago, Dick Tracy said:

Based on the narrative of this tour, I'm not sure what other song would work as the ending but I agree that the choreography, mixing, and stage exit of the final song seem to lack in performance compared to her final songs of other tours.

6 hours ago, Enrico said:

The crowd was not very good, she even told them they were too quiet, I think many were pissed because of the late start at 10:20 pm. They even started to cry "fuori" (out). The show was over at half past midnight. People loved some Italian words like "luce" (lights during I will survive) or "cacio e pepe" (apparently her favourite pasta).

Can anyone tell me if "normal" Floor A tickets (not Early entry) were inside the catwalks?

Obviously yes. But while we fans can make an effort and repress our annoyance and discomfort due to her lateness, we cannot ask the same of those people who are not her fans but who go to the concert attracted by the media personality that has always characterized Madonna.

I can put myself in those people's shoes and understand their annoyance. If it were another artist (Beyonce, Taylor Swift, etc.) I would react the same. I would simply ignore her and check my cell phone in those moments when she stops singing and decides to talk to the audience about various topics, whether it be about politics, about war, her children, about bullying or whatever. Because when something is unfair, it cannot be disguised as something else, no matter how many fans we are of our artist. At least not me.

1 hour ago, Dick Tracy said:

At least a "Thank you and good night" at the moment she descends from the stage would be enough in my opinion for the farewell to stop being as cold and indifferent as we have seen so far.

Will she do the same in North America? Lets wait and see what happens.

49 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

At least a "Thank you and good night" at the moment she descends from the stage would be enough in my opinion for the farewell to stop being as cold and indifferent as we have seen so far.

Will she do the same in North America? Let’s wait and see what happens.

I swear she thanked everyone at my shows. It felt like a great, euphoric ending for me.

I also like the ending much more when witnessed live. The whole stage is filled with the avatars and they are all slowly dissapearing until M at the main stage and Bob at the front left descend simultaniously into the floor. On video it looks a bit sudden but live it really did make sense

One more week 'till my second and last show, I'm really curious if there will be something special as it is on a friday and she usually doesn't perform then. But it is world Aids day, as well as the 60th anniversary of her mother's passing, so I imagne she would address these. Even though I'm slowly getting excited again for the concert, I'm also gutted as the Netherlands just voted for an extreme right wing government (mainly right wing and conservative parties in the lead and the biggest being outspoken racist and xenophopbe) I hope someone will make her aware and that she will adress this too

4 hours ago, Dick Tracy said:

It's shocking to see live how abrupt it is but leaves you wanting more, after two hours of getting almost everything you could possibly ask for, so I guess that's kinda the point?

She's just gone. And you're just "I want more!".

59 minutes ago, Pretender1978 said:

One more week 'till my second and last show, I'm really curious if there will be something special as it is on a friday and she usually doesn't perform then. But it is world Aids day, as well as the 60th anniversary of her mother's passing, so I imagne she would address these. Even though I'm slowly getting excited again for the concert, I'm also gutted as the Netherlands just voted for an extreme right wing government (mainly right wing and conservative parties in the lead and the biggest being outspoken racist and xenophopbe) I hope someone will make her aware and that she will adress this too

This will her first Friday show in ages right?

2 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Will she do the same in North America? Lets wait and see what happens.

She's added a "Thank you [city], good night!" in some places, on the 2nd show. For instance, in Barcelona she didn't say anything the first night, but on the second night she said goodbye with a "Thank you Barcelona, good night!".

I think if she's coming back the day after she doesn't see it as a goodbye? :Madonna009:

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)