The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

8 minutes ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

So what City has had the best crowd so far do you think? For me I have not noticed any City that stood way out from the rest but the MSG crowd seems to be one of the loudest from what I have seen and heard from videos. Tonight in Philly could get pretty loud also but I still think Miami will be the best crowd in the USA. Mexico probably will be rocking too.

I went to the opening night, Lisbon, and Milan – amazing crowds!

In Milan, the fans were probably the most passionate and craziest, but I'm not sure if Madonna fully grasped it; I saw her interacting with the audience only a little.

In Lisbon, there was an awesome audience too. They adore her.

In London, the crowd was equally enthusiastic, but I think it was because it was the opening night; London's audience tends to be a bit colder, I guess.

I've noticed that she engages more with the audience in the US. But I think Madison Square Garden was the best in the US.

On average, it seems like Europe has better crowds. But Madonna is doing a better job in the US, maybe.

28 minutes ago, FraP said:

I went to the opening night, Lisbon, and Milan – amazing crowds!

In Milan, the fans were probably the most passionate and craziest, but I'm not sure if Madonna fully grasped it; I saw her interacting with the audience only a little.

In Lisbon, there was an awesome audience too. They adore her.

In London, the crowd was equally enthusiastic, but I think it was because it was the opening night; London's audience tends to be a bit colder, I guess.

I've noticed that she engages more with the audience in the US. But I think Madison Square Garden was the best in the US.

On average, it seems like Europe has better crowds. But Madonna is doing a better job in the US, maybe.

I think the audience on the shows I went in Antwerp was pretty nice...

https://youtu.be/S56i-dn3Ars?si=cbjHXiAfqbKMAAxC

4 hours ago, deathproof said:

When she first appeared and noticed she was referencing The Holy Mountain, i was in fucking awe. One of the coolest performances ever.

So cool that you picked up on that. I’d totally forgotten that scene in the film and am rewatching it as I type. It’s such an extraordinary piece of surrealism, and it was ripe for rediscovery. I’m also fascinated and inspired by Alexander Jodorowsky’s spiritual philosophy, and have his  Psychomagic, A Healing Art. 

1 hour ago, FraP said:

Rain would be the coolest thing ever, but it's a performance they can't improvise. It requires extensive preparation for Madonna, who certainly doesn't have the vocal skills and abilities of Niki and Donna.

They need to rehearse all the harmonies and pretty much everything. 

See, I don't think that would be the case. Those two girls have been doing their own rendition of  'Rain' for the past few years.  Besides a few embellishments, much of what they did on TGS remains the same. Madonna sings melody and they just... do their thing.  There would literally be no rehearsal needed. They've been doing all these years what they do best. Blending. All M would have to do is sing her part, which is what she does in the show.

Now... we just need the bridge and we'd all cream our mf pants and the show would end on a wet note, and then go to McDonalds.

It's bin almost 2 months since the show i went to and im still not over it.  Never had a tour this much impact on me, well a tour that i went to in person. 

I can't get enough of it, what is wrong with me? Lol. I still watch performances from the tour every day. Oh man i want to go again if i could...

For those who still have to go, enjoy and have a blast, it's so iconic...

16 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I'm obsessed.

Is the tour well received amongst the fans?

I think so. For me, it's retrospectively emotional and something akin to what we'd have seen if she made a film. Seems like she compiled all the feelings of what the film would emit and tossed it into a live show. It's so wonderful ❤️ I suppose I can forgive her for not doing a FULL BLOWN Express Yourself. I'm undecided.

1 hour ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

So what City has had the best crowd so far do you think? For me I have not noticed any City that stood way out from the rest but the MSG crowd seems to be one of the loudest from what I have seen and heard from videos. Tonight in Philly could get pretty loud also but I still think Miami will be the best crowd in the USA. Mexico probably will be rocking too.

I don't watch videos of other cities' shows so idk but I can say that I felt like the MSG audience I was in on 01/22 (NYC) was noticeably better than the two Barclays Center audiences (Brooklyn) I was in. I felt like in Brooklyn, a lot of people were just there to see what it was about. People didn't move as much from what I experienced. At MSG, I looked around and everyone seemed thrilled. A much more ecstatic energy. Again, that was just my experience.

43 minutes ago, Andymad said:

See, I don't think that would be the case. Those two girls have been doing their own rendition of  'Rain' for the past few years.  Besides a few embellishments, much of what they did on TGS remains the same. Madonna sings melody and they just... do their thing.  There would literally be no rehearsal needed. They've been doing all these years what they do best. Blending. All M would have to do is sing her part, which is what she does in the show.

Now... we just need the bridge and we'd all cream our mf pants and the show would end on a wet note, and then go to McDonalds.

You're right to some extent, but I think there are still some challenges. Niki and Donna would easily add harmonies for Madonna, that's true. However, someone might need to rework the impact of the backing track and autotune, and perhaps consider a different instrumental, closer to the album version or even more acoustic, because with the current one, the harmonies might not stand out.

That's why I suggest Madonna performing it with Niki and Donna's musicians, who do a fantastic version.

Nevertheless, it's not an impossible task, even with adjustments to the base. And for me, it would be a dream come true.

47 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

It's bin almost 2 months since the show i went to and im still not over it.  Never had a tour this much impact on me, well a tour that i went to in person. 

I can't get enough of it, what is wrong with me? Lol. I still watch performances from the tour every day. Oh man i want to go again if i could...

For those who still have to go, enjoy and have a blast, it's so iconic...

Same... I'm so hoping for a second European leg...