The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

10 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Dead. I’m down with mom touring or not touring and just continue to create. I’m even down with Madame Xish shows. We don’t need ArenaDonna every 3 years anymore. Maybe Theatre-Donna will live on. 

Agree. As long as she comes to Canada lol

I think she can make stadium shows if that's what she wants. Really the only thing she can/will do less is dancing. And she's perfectly capable of creating a show where her dancing is minimum and the show will still be amazing. And by doing 1 stadium show, she gets attendance/money as of 3 arena shows. So less work from her for the same (or close) amount of money.

2 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Does anyone else think that M revived ‘I Will Survive’ so that she would have an NYC MSG recording as an option for the concert film? To capture that NYC energy for an original aspect of the show? 🤤(The nurse’s presence also being a factor, but still…)

Sorry if I missed it, but do we know if the show was recorded last night?  I know she has cameras there already, but was there extra cameras flying around last night?

Just now, sara94 said:

She doesn't need to dance anymore. Hell she could do tour where she's singing songs only unplugged with her big guitar and it would still be an sold out tour. 

Exactly. Or like on some performances on the Celebration tour, where the dancing is done by the dancers. It really angers me that some people think that she should retire just because she can't dance like before. This undermines everything that she's about. As if he whole thing in her career was about dancing. And I couldn't disagree more with this!

8 minutes ago, Salida said:

Exactly. Or like on some performances on the Celebration tour, where the dancing is done by the dancers. It really angers me that some people think that she should retire just because she can't dance like before. This undermines everything that she's about. As if he whole thing in her career was about dancing. And I couldn't disagree more with this!

her dancing has always been impressive, especially the acrobatics, but in the end my favorite performances of her career are not the ones with the biggest dance routines

1 minute ago, androiduser said:

her dancing has always been impressive, especially the acrobatics, but in the end my favorite performances of her career are not the ones with the biggest dance routines

Yes, of course they were amazing, but simply because she won't be able to do them anymore doesn't mean she should retire. If she focuses more on intimate performances, she could make them even more amazing than they currently are. And they are my favorites too. 

3 minutes ago, Salida said:

Yes, of course they were amazing, but simply because she won't be able to do them anymore doesn't mean she should retire. If she focuses more on intimate performances, she could make them even more amazing than they currently are. And they are my favorites too. 

Absolutely, her showmanship is still at the highest level, and some light choreographed moves are working great for her. The charisma is untouched!

1 minute ago, androiduser said:

The charisma is untouched!

I was thinking the same thing when I was looking into her eyes from 1 meter distance 3 months (omg, when did this time pass) ago. That her charisma, passion, artistry, genius, desire... haven't lessened by even a drop. And I felt a newfound deepened maturity and strength (perhaps due to overcoming the health scare). I really feel and think that she has so much more to give to the world (and us), that maybe even her best work is yet to come. And I'm sure that this will include some sort of performances infront of an audience. I think she needs it a lot and it charges her. I just wish her all the health in the world. ❤️

In my eyes, Niki is that kind of person , not to stand by your side and protect you when you're being condemned by the people, but the kind of sneaky person who sticks a blade in your back and holds hands with the people who used to criticize you.  Countless fans still remember how dirty and mean and sneaky she was talking about Madonna. Madonna is the kind of person who gives eternal friendship to those who are faithful to her, and who completely ignores traitors who stab her in the back. 

No one care about that old backup singer. She is Nobody. This is not 1990 anymore. get over it and move on. I am very satisfied that Madonna is completely ignoring Niki. 

7 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

and it's not just the book, though it should be enough, but also the whole Darlene Lutz/Gottahaveitrocknroll situation had to do with Christopher. 

I had access to his FB page because we had friends in common and he was suggested to me and i found out that on top of everything else he was gay republican defending that clerck woman refusing to marry a gay couple. Martin is hardcore republican too. I can see why she felt closer to Melanie. 

Very interesting. Plus outside of the book, while promoting it, he said some rather awful things far worse than anything in the book.

4 hours ago, PHIL said:

final niki&donna thoughts. 

i like them, BUT ... their insta post after the show? they didn't congratulate madonna, didn’t praise anything, just using the show to say they had a great time in nyc and they will be back with their own show?? nah..., SORRY, NEXT ! (remember the post of william orbit? now that was a celebration of madonna and his involvement)

You’re right, they just thanked their fans :04:

38 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

Those hoping for a Donna & Niki reunion there is still LA, D&N have a show on the 8th March but could very well guest 7th or 9th Mar don’t be disheartened we don’t know whether last night they were front row to observe the show 

I think Niki and Donna's front row MSG tickets are as close to that stage as Niki is going to get. I’m a fan of the Donna & Niki’s work with Madonna but Niki took a steaming, bridge burning crap on M around the time she didn’t do the Re-Invention tour. I can no longer find the footage on youtube but watched it a few times as I’m certain more astute members of Madonna-infinity have. It was a European sit down interview and they cut together Niki’s off the cuff remarks about Madonna into categories, all pretty damning to talk about your (former) boss if you want to work with them ever again.

·         About JFK Jr.: Niki said Madonna told her  “..the mother (Jackie O) hates me”. Madonna has never spoken publicly about dating JFK Jr. and I’m guessing Niki signed an NDA.

·         About Warren Beatty. Niki said Warren “gave her class”. Niki followed it up with a slightly less shady explanation of Warren helping her into the Hollywood elite scene.

·         Niki said “Carlos was great” but alluded to him being pretty naïve.

·         Niki said Dennis Rodman something like “turned (Madonna) out” 

·         I’m pretty sure it was from the same interview but when asked about the initial negative general public reaction to Madonna’s Sex book & Erotica era, Niki said she something like she didn’t think ( at least the book) was very good or very sexy.

Niki’s changed her tune a bit over the years, at least in interviews, but it the damage was done. I'm not a hater but M's got reasons for not getting the girls back together, even for one song.

54 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Does anyone else think that M revived ‘I Will Survive’ so that she would have an NYC MSG recording as an option for the concert film? To capture that NYC energy for an original aspect of the show? 🤤(The nurse’s presence also being a factor, but still…)

Possibly. But I think the nurse was the main factor. She pretty much said that.

I still clearly remember Toronto gay magazine Fab features an interview with Niki Haris back in Oct 2004 

Q : Do you have a favorite Madonna movie?

Niki Haris : Is that Possible?

Q : why you did not go on the Re-Invention tour this summer and if you would tour with Madonna again?

Niki Haris :  I would do it when it's reinvention not regurgitation.

Regurgitation?

Regurgitation tour?

Seriously bitch?

And more importantly "I would do it"

I would do it???

well well well look at where are you now.  

you gonna wish and You will only wish until you die. lol

Edited by I am madonna (see edit history)