The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

40 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

same, i saw it up close and from the nosebleeds, two different experiences and both as much enjoyable. And when i watch the videos i see all the hidden easter eggs. How they will manage to get all that on one screen ? It's something i ask myself for all her shows anyway. I just hope she won't go crazy with editing. I have rewatched Madame X and it's seizure inducing (and compared to today you can clearly see her pain on her face, she has this bitter and hard expression in and retrospect it's painful to watch for that reason too)

I’m sure they/she will over edit it. Thank goodness we have so many fan videos of this one to refer back to.

Madame X was a beautiful show but a sad affair. I was shocked when the hair stylist and some dancers went live on insta last year and the hair stylist said about Madame x that “shows were cancelled because of Covid” pretending to be oblivious to all the other issues and cancellations before that :laughing:

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Of course it’s not her best. No technology or staging can ever top her performances alone in the 90’s shows. But it’s pretty friggin amazing.

Well that was just a general response to a few ppl here stating it was her best tour. A  65 year old Madonna is not gonna compare to the 30 year old Madonna so can ppl please stop lol. She still looks fabulous and still has "it," but it's kinda irksome to read, essentially, that she's better now than her prime. It's seems discrediting to what she accomplished back then.

21 minutes ago, Winn said:

Well that was just a general response to a few ppl here stating it was her best tour. A  65 year old Madonna is not gonna compare to the 30 year old Madonna so can ppl please stop lol. She still looks fabulous and still has "it," but it's kinda irksome to read, essentially, that she's better now than her prime. It's seems discrediting to what she accomplished back then.

Some are simply offering their own opinion here. This is all subjective anyway.  I agree, some of her earlier tours were top tier, but I think her more recent tours have been pretty great as well,  but for different reasons. :luv:

16 minutes ago, Winn said:

I suppose people evaluate things differently. IMO it’s quite hard to compare something from 1990 to something today as the production values are extremely different.

3 hours ago, sara94 said:

No i agree. I love this tour as well. Imo S&S & Confessions share the #1 spot as her best tours.

S&S might have the best first half of all time. CT starting at Music Inferno all the way till the end was also pure magic (maybe except for lucky star). If you put those two together it would literally be the perfect Madonna tour. 

4 hours ago, Winn said:

She picked up lots of younger fans during that era. Personally I think BAT will always reign supreme.

BAT will always reign supreme due to the absolute frenzy and energy around her at the time. She was at the peak of her peak and completely reset the bar for live concerts. She was in the news every day, on MTV and radio non-stop. It's hard to imagine if you weren't there. I saw BAT twice at the L.A Forum and it was pure lightening in a bottle (and floor tickets cost $30). The videos don't really come close to capturing it like it really was.  It's mind boggling that it hasn't gotten a proper HD remaster and release. 

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I’m sure they/she will over edit it. Thank goodness we have so many fan videos of this one to refer back to.

Madame X was a beautiful show but a sad affair. I was shocked when the hair stylist and some dancers went live on insta last year and the hair stylist said about Madame x that “shows were cancelled because of Covid” pretending to be oblivious to all the other issues and cancellations before that :laughing:

The last show, the end of the tour was indeed cancelled because of Covid, like all concerts and events in France in march 2020. But before Covid, other dates were cancelled because of her injury. I think he was speaking only about the last dates. 

22 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

The last show, the end of the tour was indeed cancelled because of Covid, like all concerts and events in France in march 2020. But before Covid, other dates were cancelled because of her injury. I think he was speaking only about the last dates. 

I’m guessing you did not hear the conversation because he is a she. They completely acted like the cancellations were all because of Covid and the other stuff never happened. Doing Madonna’s hair every night, there is no way they cannot have known in depth about all the injuries and cancellations. So I was really surprised.

3 hours ago, litemakr said:

BAT will always reign supreme due to the absolute frenzy and energy around her at the time. She was at the peak of her peak and completely reset the bar for live concerts. She was in the news every day, on MTV and radio non-stop. It's hard to imagine if you weren't there. I saw BAT twice at the L.A Forum and it was pure lightening in a bottle (and floor tickets cost $30). The videos don't really come close to capturing it like it really was.  It's mind boggling that it hasn't gotten a proper HD remaster and release. 

It's amazing how everyone criticizes her voice on the Celebration Tour, but nobody ever talks about her voice, which was far below what it is today at the sacrosanct BAT :smile:

4 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I’m guessing you did not hear the conversation because he is a she. And that’s not what happened. They completely acted like the cancellations were all because of Covid and the other stuff never happened. Doing Madonna’s hair every night, there is no way they cannot have known in depth about all the injuries and cancellations. So I found their comments about it rather unsual.

Oh, OK