Lady Gaga and Katy Perry plagiarized VOGUE by MADONNA (again)

drownedworld

11 hours ago, androiduser said:

wasn't Ooh I Love It based on Love Is the Message from 1973? Or did the horns appear in a later mix of the original 1973 song? I'm lost, there are so many versions.

Either way, Vogue clearly samples one of those tracks.

This remix was made after Vogue and took the samples from Vogue. You can hear the sample from S-Express in it (Uno dos tres quatro) from 1988

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EgoRod

These two remixes are done by DJs not  Katty Perry and Gaga.It involves their choices of samples and beats, which are characteristic of DJ work. However, I couldn't identify any direct samples from Madonna's "Vogue" in these mixes. It's possible that you might be interpreting common house beats and keystrokes as samples from the original track. It's worth noting that Madonna's "Vogue" itself wasn't entirely original, as Pettibone incorporated elements from classical Ballroom runway house

Roland Barthes

Initially the horns (and strings) appeared in Chicago Bus Stop (yeah the one Nikki, Donna & Madonna sing on Express Yourself in the Girlie Show) by Salsoul Orchestra. Then the band parted ways with management because they were not paid a fair share and they formed the band MFSB and released Love Is The Message featuring the same horns. In 1983, Pettibone was commissioned to do remixing jobs for the band but he came up with "Ooh, I Love It (Love Break)" instead which combines elements from bo

drownedworld

I am downloading pop music and while i was listening all of Lady Gaga remixes, this one immediately made me think... wtf hoe you are such a wannabe!! lol Listen the 2nd remix of this tracklist "Marry The Night (Sander Van Doorn Remix)" on the following link: https://www.qobuz.com/es-es/album/marry-the-night-lady-gaga/0060252791552 Lady Gaga clearly is obssesed with Vogue, it's like the 4th time she samples that song without permission from queen M   Now listen this Katy

I still don't believe how people are still issuing this thing after we all know realize the wisdom of Lavoisier's postulate, "in the nature, nothing is created but redone."

I thought we were apart from the Madonna fan forums tailor made specificly for village people (I do not mean the group ok?) and farm animals.

1 hour ago, Niagara31 said:

This remix was made after Vogue and took the samples from Vogue. You can hear the sample from S-Express in it (Uno dos tres quatro) from 1988

how do you know the samples are from Vogue and not from Ooh, I Like it? and S-Express sampled The Bottle from 1974 (the uno dos tres quatro sample)

9 minutes ago, androiduser said:

how do you know the samples are from Vogue and not from Ooh, I Like it? and S-Express sampled The Bottle from 1974 (the uno dos tres quatro sample)

Fellow lil'monster, since it seems people here are loving to fuel the fire from OP, let's do a lil'contest for dummies: where Vogue's reminiscence is more proeminent in Gaga's work: to Black Jesus or to Babylon?

6 hours ago, androiduser said:

'Lovebreak' are samples from the Pettibone mix of the song and I think they used that on his defense because it was'nt used in the main Vogue single but the 12" remix. Using samples he made for another commissioned remix:

45 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

Fairuz says Hi.

As Mariah loves to say, this was an instant classic. Plus I'm Syrian-Lebanese too (and there's a Lebanese singer called Madonna too, fun fact is that once Madonna from Detroit linked official streaming pages of Madonna from Lebanon - if I'm not wrong on the day of announcement of Madame X):

https://www.instagram.com/ladymadonnaofficial/?hl=pt

31 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Fight the real enemy (Taylor Swift)

THAT is the true Antichrist, not Madonna (nor from Detroit nor from Lebanon).

Nero the Imperator who? Right @MPowered schöner???

Initially the horns (and strings) appeared in Chicago Bus Stop (yeah the one Nikki, Donna & Madonna sing on Express Yourself in the Girlie Show) by Salsoul Orchestra. Then the band parted ways with management because they were not paid a fair share and they formed the band MFSB and released Love Is The Message featuring the same horns. In 1983, Pettibone was commissioned to do remixing jobs for the band but he came up with "Ooh, I Love It (Love Break)" instead which combines elements from both tracks and is considered a new track. That's why he won the case, they sued him for use of his own work on Ooh, I Love It, it would have been different if they sued for the use of Chicago Bus Stop or Love is The Message. It's also interesting to note that the person who sued Pettibone and Madonna in the name of Salsoul Orchestra was...Tony Shimkin, co-writer & producer of all the Pettibone tracks with Madonna and probably uncredited on Vogue which fueled his anger against Pettibone for years so when he was appointed administrator of the Salsoul catalogue, he went after him (Madonna was just co-lateral damage). They apparently were lovers, the tension during the Erotica sessions (Pettibone did not want him to be credited) led to their break up and Shimkin went to work with Junior Vasquez (Pettibone's once sound engineer too). 

Pettibone reused his Love Break track for Vogue because it was already the soundtrack to the voguing balls. José&Luis even sing bits of Love Break in Queen's English (and Love Break can be heard in some original remixes of Vogue).

There you go.

And Salsoul Orchestra did a funny disco album with "Coochi-Coochi" Charo in the late 70'S.

11 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Initially the horns (and strings) appeared in Chicago Bus Stop (yeah the one Nikki, Donna & Madonna sing on Express Yourself in the Girlie Show) by Salsoul Orchestra. Then the band parted ways with management because they were not paid a fair share and they formed the band MFSB and released Love Is The Message featuring the same horns. In 1983, Pettibone was commissioned to do remixing jobs for the band but he came up with "Ooh, I Love It (Love Break)" instead which combines elements from both tracks and is considered a new track. That's why he won the case, they sued him for use of his own work on Ooh, I Love It, it would have been different if they sued for the use of Chicago Bus Stop or Love is The Message. It's also interesting to note that the person who sued Pettibone and Madonna in the name of Salsoul Orchestra was...Tony Shimkin, co-writer & producer of all the Pettibone tracks with Madonna and probably uncredited on Vogue which fueled his anger against Pettibone for years so when he was appointed administrator of the Salsoul catalogue, he went after him (Madonna was just co-lateral damage). They apparently were lovers, the tension during the Erotica sessions (Pettibone did not want him to be credited) led to their break up and Shimkin went to work with Junior Vasquez (Pettibone's once sound engineer too). 

Pettibone reused his Love Break track for Vogue because it was already the soundtrack to the voguing balls. José&Luis even sing bits of Love Break in Queen's English (and Love Break can be heard in some original remixes of Vogue).

There you go.

And Salsoul Orchestra did a funny disco album with "Coochi-Coochi" Charo in the late 70'S.

/end thread. The Voice of the Reason/La voix de la raison strikes again.

9 hours ago, Anapausis said:

/end thread. The Voice of the Reason/La voix de la raison strikes again.

Thhank you but it's not reason, it's my job to be as factual as possible (to the point of being boring when it' not work related hahaha). A few years ago we did a special on club culture for Trax (a french mag about electronic music a bit like DJ Mag) and Pettibone agreed to be interviewed then backed down at the last minute. One of the journalists working on the project got to interview François Kevorkian and asked him the question we wanted to ask Pettibone : why did he quit the music business ? And the answer was : Madonna. The journalist thought there was a big story there but no, it's only because she moved on from him while demoing songs for Bedtime Stories. Even though she thanks him for "understanding" in the credits of the album, he apparently did not understand and still does not but he still sees his DJ friends (mostly at his hotel in New Jersey) and they all told him through the years to let go of the anger and come back, that Madonna did this with Orbit too and he does not hold a grudge. He apparently wanted to prove himslef with the follow up album to Erotica which he was, apparently, not satisfied with. We still could not believe it, because he could not be that petty to turn his back on everything just for that reason but, apparently, that's the reason or at least the reason he gives to his friends and peers. It's crazy.

On 12/17/2023 at 10:30 PM, Roland Barthes said:

Thhank you but it's not reason, it's my job to be as factual as possible (to the point of being boring when it' not work related hahaha). A few years ago we did a special on club culture for Trax (a french mag about electronic music a bit like DJ Mag) and Pettibone agreed to be interviewed then backed down at the last minute. One of the journalists working on the project got to interview François Kevorkian and asked him the question we wanted to ask Pettibone : why did he quit the music business ? And the answer was : Madonna. The journalist thought there was a big story there but no, it's only because she moved on from him while demoing songs for Bedtime Stories. Even though she thanks him for "understanding" in the credits of the album, he apparently did not understand and still does not but he still sees his DJ friends (mostly at his hotel in New Jersey) and they all told him through the years to let go of the anger and come back, that Madonna did this with Orbit too and he does not hold a grudge. He apparently wanted to prove himslef with the follow up album to Erotica which he was, apparently, not satisfied with. We still could not believe it, because he could not be that petty to turn his back on everything just for that reason but, apparently, that's the reason or at least the reason he gives to his friends and peers. It's crazy.

I had friends that lived in Asbury Park, NJ. I visited them few times. One used to work at Paradise, Pettibone nightclub. I remember he saying similar thing. Or better said that;  Pettibone said that there was some unresolved bitterness and that's why he didn't want to do any more music.

He was making really good money with his royalties and previous work, plus clubs and other assets. He didn't really needed to work more tbh.

There was a (invented) rumour that Paradise (its' not for me) was a comeback from M after Pettibone bitched about her in interviews.

12 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

I had friends that lived in Asbury Park, NJ. I visited them few times. One used to work at Paradise, Pettibone nightclub. I remember he saying similar thing. Or better said that;  Pettibone said that there was some unresolved bitterness and that's why he didn't want to do any more music.

He was making really good money with his royalties and previous work, plus clubs and other assets. He didn't really needed to work more tbh.

There was a (invented) rumour that Paradise (its' not for me) was a comeback from M after Pettibone bitched about her in interviews.

During research and interviews we also learn that at the height of his fame when he was too much in demand he had his engineers make the remixes in his name. All in all, there was a pattern with him to not give credit to others. I don't who (a very well known dj from back then) said, and i quote approximatively, that he thought Erotica was gonna be his Thriller. From interviews he did, one can see he resent the Sex book (like Niki, Sandra, Christopher and many people from her entourage back then or while making it). Like Niki he's kinfd of dismissive of her and like Niki, most of the time he misses the mark like when he told Billboard he copied his remix of True Blue on Jackson's The Way You Make Me Feel when Madonna's single was released more than a year prior to Jackson's and Bad. Lucas also said in later interviews prior to his death that he did not understand why she moved on from him (Stephanie Mills did too) same with Rodgers who thought they were gonna work together for years. If you go to Youtube and search for Siedah Garrett's interview about the Reinvention, you'll see that sweet Donna thought the same, that her position was set in stone. Same with Christopher when she did not ask him to work on DWT. Apparently Herb Ritts did not like it when she worked with Meisel....Even though Mirwais introduced her to Stuart and recommended him, he told her not to work with AIR. 

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

During research and interviews we also learn that at the height of his fame when he was too much in demand he had his engineers make the remixes in his name. All in all, there was a pattern with him to not give credit to others. I don't who (a very well known dj from back then) said, and i quote approximatively, that he thought Erotica was gonna be his Thriller. From interviews he did, one can see he resent the Sex book (like Niki, Sandra, Christopher and many people from her entourage back then or while making it). Like Niki he's kinfd of dismissive of her and like Niki, most of the time he misses the mark like when he told Billboard he copied his remix of True Blue on Jackson's The Way You Make Me Feel when Madonna's single was released more than a year prior to Jackson's and Bad. Lucas also said in later interviews prior to his death that he did not understand why she moved on from him (Stephanie Mills did too) same with Rodgers who thought they were gonna work together for years. If you go to Youtube and search for Siedah Garrett's interview about the Reinvention, you'll see that sweet Donna thought the same, that her position was set in stone. Same with Christopher when she did not ask him to work on DWT. Apparently Herb Ritts did not like it when she worked with Meisel....Even though Mirwais introduced her to Stuart and recommended him, he told her not to work with AIR. 

There's a pattern of resentment among many who have worked with her.
Pettibone , Orbit, Vasquez . Then they all were eager to jump in and soon as she call again.
Stuart stands out as the most elegant, walking away and offering civilized comments during their "break-up," devoid of any brewing beef.
In the creative realm, artists are prone to jealousy and opinions about each other's work. Be they photographers or music producers.
With her capricious personality and her inclination to chart her own course,it's no wonder that people occasionally feel disheartened when she moves on to her next best thing.

Well when M's collaborators will know the simple truth THE ONLY SIDE SHE ACTUALLY AND FOREVER IS BY IS HER OWN SIDE???

A rebel heart never gets tied to anyone else but to oneself. That's why rebel hearts are the ultimate tricksters and trolls. And that's why rebel hearts are the ultimate well succeeded people to the point they can earn the right of having a crown to put to their heads. And ONCE A REBEL HEART, ALWAYS A REBEL HEART.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 10:48 AM, Anapausis said:

Well when M's collaborators will know the simple truth THE ONLY SIDE SHE ACTUALLY AND FOREVER IS BY IS HER OWN SIDE???

A rebel heart never gets tied to anyone else but to oneself. That's why rebel hearts are the ultimate tricksters and trolls. And that's why rebel hearts are the ultimate well succeeded people to the point they can earn the right of having a crown to put to their heads. And ONCE A REBEL HEART, ALWAYS A REBEL HEART.

Oh god. Stop doing meth honey!! 

On 12/17/2023 at 4:30 PM, Roland Barthes said:

Thanks for explaining all this, this Is great info, unlike the other salty bitches who just came for me cause I shat on Gaga's unoriginality

Plus Lady Gaga is the one who gives the green light when her remixes are released, just like Madonna and many other popstars, if not ALL

Very much coincidence that her remix sounds the same, never forget that she actually plagiarized Madonna a couple times before even if she didn't really did in this case 

Blue Jean, you won't repress me, EVER. Be sure of that!

By the way, was never meant to say that but f off, I never have watched a single second of your YouTube material. I find you extremely pretentious to give you a second of "appreciation" to your "comprehensive attention" to M. You have enough minions to do this job for you.

YES I WAS LYING TO YOU WHEN I SAID I DID WATCH YOUR BULLSHIT. NOW YOU KNOW IT IN FULL.

And for your info, I don't do meth but Prozac. Would love to know which drug you take that makes you the person you are.

2 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Blue Jean, you won't repress me, EVER. Be sure of that!

By the way, was never meant to say that but f off, I never have watched a single second of your YouTube material. I find you extremely pretentious to give you a second of "appreciation" to your "comprehensive attention" to M. You have enough minions to do this job for you.

YES I WAS LYING TO YOU WHEN I SAID I DID WATCH YOUR BULLSHIT. NOW YOU KNOW IT IN FULL.

And for your info, I don't do meth but Prozac. Would love to know which drug you take that makes you the person you are.

What the hell :laughing: