Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced

I personally doubt this is true, but if it is, she'll have to come up with a completely different kind of show. The Celebration Tour as it is is simply not an outdoor show. The screens and the way the stage is built, there's no way this show would work on a gigantic stage on the beach of Copacabana in front of a million + people.

Even if it doesn't rain, it will be a massive havoc. The city of Rio is not in its best phase right now, crime is rampant, heat waves, fans dying in line for concerts... I don't think this is a good idea.

14 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Image.thumb.jpeg.ee7e34d1810a793b87d6478b7c7473f4.jpeg

We at Madonna Infinity can EXCLUSIVELY confirm that Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone will either be performing in Brazil or she will not. There is no in between. You heard it here FIRST! Now go spread OUR EXCLUSIVE message. We have made it clear. You've been WARNED!

Madonna Schrödinger's pussy.

She might be she might not or maybe both.

1 hour ago, fmportela said:

I personally doubt this is true, but if it is, she'll have to come up with a completely different kind of show. The Celebration Tour as it is is simply not an outdoor show. The screens and the way the stage is built, there's no way this show would work on a gigantic stage on the beach of Copacabana in front of a million + people.

Even if it doesn't rain, it will be a massive havoc. The city of Rio is not in its best phase right now, crime is rampant, heat waves, fans dying in line for concerts... I don't think this is a good idea.

It is possible - she was secretly rehearsing her special Australian show Tears Of A Clown during the Asian leg of RHT so it's possible she is preparing or plans to prepare a one off show for her loyal Brazilian fans.

I do agree it's risky and security will need to be high to play Rio

1 hour ago, fmportela said:

She can prepare a simplified version of the show. Pick the strongest songs and the settings. Use some of the backdrops in bigger screens.

Remove the moving platforms etc and strip it down to some stage, catwalk and sides.

38 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

She can prepare a simplified version of the show. Pick the strongest songs and the settings. Use some of the backdrops in bigger screens.

Remove the moving platforms etc and strip it down to some stage, catwalk and sides.

This. This show, while intricate as f**k, is also super easy to scale down for festivals? She already has the hits, the arrangements, the costumes and the choreography. She just needs to adapt it to another setting.

In a way this tour is everything she tried and did on the "Madame X Tour" but 100 times bigger, so she should be fine putting together a simpler version of it I think.

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

Wouldn’t it be great if she simplifies the show, scales it down, takes out a bunch of songs and then films it in the rain with her hair blowing everywhere for the the dvd. The meltdowns will be sensational .

1 hour ago, GregVsMatt said:

It is possible - she was secretly rehearsing her special Australian show Tears Of A Clown during the Asian leg of RHT so it's possible she is preparing or plans to prepare a one off show for her loyal Brazilian fans.

I do agree it's risky and security will need to be high to play Rio

Also she did a special show at Olympia as well with a couple songs and choreographies that were secretly rehearsed as well. It’s definitely doable.

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Wouldn’t it be great if she simplifies the show, scales it down, takes out a bunch of songs and then films it in the rain with her hair blowing everywhere for the the dvd. The meltdowns will be sensational .

Jonas Akermound has already started working on the dvd filming. I am sure the Rio thing will be a bonus feature like the Tears of a Clown or Olympia show.

2 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Also she did a special show at Olympia as well with a couple songs and choreographies that were secretly rehearsed as well. It’s definitely doable.

But would she really do something so random on such a big scale? The Tears of a Clown thing for example , was under rehearsed and for an intimate crowd so it was a special thing. What people are describing her sounds mammoth so needs to be top notch.

7 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

And it would be such a Madonna thing to do!

Take one of her greatest tours ever and serve a half-baked cake.

See also: "Blond Ambition Tour", "Re-Invention Tour"...

Kidding, I'm sure we'll get a proper recording this time. :smile:

20 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I mean this could be the one CD version of Celebration

Wouldnt they have lots of security gates like at festivals ect? Could say no bags too. Hope everyone would be safe. The date seems a bit early to get my head round, I thoughts shedve wanted a few weeks to make it all look good and work on a larger stage (whatever she may be doing).   If true she may use the new version of the show for Glasto. Some highlights 'LTT, Bad Girl' may be lost.  Im glad most of must got to see it in its original concept. 

The deep cuts would be definitely gone but she can work something great like:

01. I Don't Search I Find Interlude - as an intro

02. Nothing Really Matters - iconic start now

03. Where's The Party Intro/Into The Groove

04. Open Your Heart

05. Like A Prayer

06. Erotica/Justify My Love - don't know if this will work in a large setting but...

07. Hung Up

08. Vogue

09. Human Nature/Crazy For You

10. The Beast Within Interlude

11. Die Another Day

12. Don't Tell Me

13. Acoustic Song (I Will Survive?)

14. La Isla Bonita

15. Ray Of Light

16. Bitch I'm Madonna/Celebration/Music - longer version of Music

80-90 minutes.

She may get TV Radio rights money if its played over there & Merch money. Still cant see them allowing a million people. There would be riots with people pushing. 100,000 OK but a MILLION?? Too hard to police and take care of in case people faint, get crushed or fight. There wouldnt be enough toilets ect it would be a disaster to keep safely organized. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced