Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced

9 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

The same person with different accounts and obsessed with gay brazilian sex is ruling the forum lately. It's sad at this point. 

It's been like 3/4 months the forum is flooded by strange members, new ones popping up every weeks, discussing strange things and non-sense within each others in every threads... I seriously believe it's one and only schizophrenic person talking to himself with his 50 accounts... All threads are like "You know you're the best member here" "I love you too" "i know you're a Gaga fan too and that's why you're the best person of the world" and on and on on every single threads and for pages... All these new members seems to know and love each other instantly just sayin... Either one schizo person or A.I bots.

4 hours ago, Magic Pussy said:

I’m sure as we get closer to May 4  some “work arounds” to stream it live will be sorted out for those of us who are not in Brazil or South America. I’m excited to see it streaming because in a way it’s a very old school Madonna tour broadcast, live with no opportunity to do any heavy filtering visually & audio wise in post production. This is probably going to raise a few hackles but I now suspect this Rio show is going to be the only official version of the FULL show aired and maybe later released. While plenty of us saw Jonas Akerlund  filming all dates in LA (not sure if I read about him spotted filming other cities so far) I think he might be directing a tour documentary a la  “I’m going to tell you a secret” which he directed both concert and doc footage. I still can’t believe that gorgeous Re-invention tour film footage got so chopped up. At least there’s that full pro shot on video Lisbon show floating around. 
Remember, she did this tour because her biopic got put on pause due to film budget concerns and creative issues. Her health scare frames a tour documentary as quite a comeback story, culminating with this Rio show. If anything, I can see a tour doc being released late fall to keep the overall positive press about the Celebration tour in the public eye and reminding her potential biopic investors why throwing  a few hundred million at her vision isn’t a bad gamble when millions of people show up on a beach in Rio to watch her after 40 years onstage.

Didn't knew that the biopic got put on pause due to budget concerns. I thought it was bc of creative issues with Diablo Cody.

I was talking to my ex-bf about this today, he's a M stan too, and he said that much probably there won't be a biopic as the tour tells her story and she's doing it in the best way she does/can. Idk if that's right, but I would love to see her biopic being released, directed by her ofc bc no one can tell her story better than herself.

3 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

It's been like 3/4 months the forum is flooded by strange members, new ones popping up every weeks, discussing strange things and non-sense within each others in every threads... I seriously believe it's one and only schizophrenic person talking to himself with his 50 accounts... All threads are like "You know you're the best member here" "I love you too" "i know you're a Gaga fan too and that's why you're the best person of the world" and on and on on every single threads and for pages... All these new members seems to know and love each other instantly just sayin... Either one schizo person or A.I bots.

And they respond each other immediately lol

I mean, sometimes it's funny, but it has gotten very annoying lately. And we all know who are “those” users.

3 hours ago, Lucas B. said:

Didn't knew that the biopic got put on pause due to budget concerns. I thought it was bc of creative issues with Diablo Cody.

I was talking to my ex-bf about this today, he's a M stan too, and he said that much probably there won't be a biopic as the tour tells her story and she's doing it in the best way she does/can. Idk if that's right, but I would love to see her biopic being released, directed by her ofc bc no one can tell her story better than herself.

The story was that Universal dropped the project and that the script was not good. None of that was ever confirmed and as far as we know the film was only put on hold. We do know the script is long and that Madonna had trouble editing it down. Madonna has indicated it’s still going ahead though and Julia Garner said she is still set to star. Whether that is without Universal who knows.

9 hours ago, Lucas B. said:

Yeah, it wasn't so much about the "budget", but the fact that they were struggling with condensing the script to fit a two hour movie.  I personally think if Madonna has anything to say about it, she will continue to say she's working on something to keep others from doing it.  It's a smart maneuver being she is right, only she can tell her story. Other than that, it starts becoming "he said/she said".  I prefer it coming from the horses mouth.  Now whether that ever happens, we'll see.   :)

12 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Don't say this out loud or people on here will attack you, call you childish or saying you need a therapist or something like that... Bin there 🙄

Oh this movie thing  :Madonna047:

The scariest thing I read in the recent months was that part of the reason she is touring is to autoproduce the movie herself. Now don't panic everybody, the source was a second hand one at the moment, not necessarily reliable (said that, we can see this coming right? M writing, directing and producing a biopic on her own story, wich an Academy Awards nominee and a winner one were not able to fix and already twice rejected by long term movie producers ... taking eons to be realized and released of course)

EDIT: sorry whoever is hoping for this to happen, the thing is I'm still traumatized by the whole W.E. russian bodyguard-pianist-living in a super fancy Manhattan loft rescue relationship with a domestic violence victim woman, who felt to search for the real meaning of love in buying at Sotheby's Simpson's memorabilia, among dramatically embarassing dialogues and a perfume commercial aesthetic imaginary (the real couple storyline was much better though).

11 minutes ago, stefo said:

Oh this movie thing  :Madonna047:

The scariest thing I read in the recent months was that part of the reason she is touring is to autoproduce the movie herself. Now don't panic everybody, the source was a second hand one at the moment, not necessarily reliable (said that, we can see this coming through right? M writing, directing and producing a biopic on her own story, wich an Academy Awards nominee and a winner were not able to fix and twice rejected by long term movie producers ...

I'm not sure why some went there, since Madonna and people involved have clearly spoken out that the script never got approved. In fact, she said herself, she is having a hard time condensing it.  Also, the two "Academy Awards Nominess/winner" weren't there to fix anything. They were employed to help her write it. It's typical for scripts to hang in limbo for years before finally getting worked out.

Meanwhile, I think Madonna just got exhausted by it all, and being she just recently released Finally Enough Love, she got the bug to go out and tour on that which eventually grew into her telling her story on her tour. I personally don't believe the tour is meant to replace the Biopic, but it very well may satisfy Madonna, but people are still going to want to make a film about her and as long as she's alive, I'm sure she's going to find ways to kill it, unless she's involved in the. making of it.  I wouldn't mind if another writer and director comes in (of Madonna's approval) and Madonna is there to be there to help add authenticity to it all. 

I doubt she's gonna make a lot of money from the tour, the expenses from rehearsals to travelling and how luxurious the staging is, if she manages to get $20 m out of it, it would be the most. She did not get monet from Blond Ambition. 

I believe the story was the biopic was too dark, exactly.

I think she should drop the classic biopic route and adapt the tour into a movie as a musical and make a cross between Fosse's All That Jazz and hers and klein's main inspiration : Ken Russel. She should play herself not at different stages of her life but like revisiting places like in a dream, like traveling in the past. Back as a "Ghost" in her mother's room at the hospital...her teenage bedroom, etc....and telling tales as a witness and within a musical firm using her songs. She could talk a about specific moments that shaped her. Her at St Vincent's hospital climbing in the beds of the dyings. And if there should be actresses playing her in some scenes there should be a different one each time, even guys, black, asian...or singers she inspired. She does not need to make a regular biopic because she's not a regular woman, she's still working as an artist, she's not dead and it should be like a piece of heart inspired by her work in music videos. My opinion 

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

Don't say this out loud or people on here will attack you, call you childish or saying you need a therapist or something like that... Bin there 🙄

So you're saying it is better to keep those thoughts to yourself like you just DIDN'T do.  Got it! :lol:

Edited by WarningSigns
typo (see edit history)

16 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Sad, but 100% right! 

15 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

And they’re all going to get fucked at the Rio concert apparently :laughing:

Sexual repression and never having success on any gay sauna, can make those kind of childish desires... The sad thing is this person doesn't know what Grindr is, and has to come to a Madonna forum to vomit this bullshit everyday from 5 different profiles at least, like if it is an echo chamber. And also talking about the brazilians boys like sexual objects, wich is also very unrespectful. 

It was funny at the beginning with the 'truly' thing, but actions are coming a little late (wich I can't understand, tbh). Now it's out of control. I don't know who is talking here with a real opinion or talking shit anymore. 

5 hours ago, McDonna said:

Yeah, it wasn't so much about the "budget", but the fact that they were struggling with condensing the script to fit a two hour movie.  I personally think if Madonna has anything to say about it, she will continue to say she's working on something to keep others from doing it.  It's a smart maneuver being she is right, only she can tell her story. Other than that, it starts becoming "he said/she said".  I prefer it coming from the horses mouth.  Now whether that ever happens, we'll see.   :)

I agree. 💯 I think it’s her strategy to keep others from doing it.

4 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I doubt she's gonna make a lot of money from the tour, the expenses from rehearsals to travelling and how luxurious the staging is, if she manages to get $20 m out of it, it would be the most. She did not get monet from Blond Ambition. 

When the tour launched there was an article in Billboard about it estimating that Madonna would make over £80 million from it. I mean however expensive the logistics might be, they're not going to be tens of millions. There was a Business Insider article about touring last year which said that your average artist will make about $40 from a $100 ticket, and bigger artists will be able to get more, so I'm sure she'll do very well out of it.

5 hours ago, WarningSigns said:

At least the script Brett Ratner purchased seems to be dead since he's over.  The last thing the world M or us fans needed was Mariah's bestie making some poison film. 

I didn't know about this :lol: of cours it didn't work then: how can a man who falls for Mariah properly tell M's story :Madonna032: it's an horrific prospective.

10 hours ago, McDonna said:

I'm not sure why some went there, since Madonna and people involved have clearly spoken out that the script never got approved. In fact, she said herself, she is having a hard time condensing it.  Also, the two "Academy Awards Nominess/winner" weren't there to fix anything. They were employed to help her write it. It's typical for scripts to hang in limbo for years before finally getting worked out.

Meanwhile, I think Madonna just got exhausted by it all, and being she just recently released Finally Enough Love, she got the bug to go out and tour on that which eventually grew into her telling her story on her tour. I personally don't believe the tour is meant to replace the Biopic, but it very well may satisfy Madonna, but people are still going to want to make a film about her and as long as she's alive, I'm sure she's going to find ways to kill it, unless she's involved in the. making of it.  I wouldn't mind if another writer and director comes in (of Madonna's approval) and Madonna is there to be there to help add authenticity to it all. 

I think a point can be that she is not a screen writer , she's an interesting story teller imo, but her taste and vision are not declinable in every art field with the same quality, I think it's normal. My idea is that she wanted to make her movie in a way that doesn't necessarily works on the big screen and was not intended to make big compromises. In this sense I used the word "fix", like "finding solutions, managing creative problems". I remember reading about the excessive lenght of the first script, M also asked to the fans what they thought about a series during a live Q&A on Instagram. After the first stop, they tried to rework it with a second writer and it did not work again.

I agree ayway, she was definitely tired, decided to get back to her career and her reasearches and the going back to memories could nicely have inspired her. There's the Warner contract also, wich guide is quite tangible imo and very interesting to see how will evolve, the strategy they're building to get her the respect she deserves back. I'm positive this tour is also part of that plan and the next step will be new music. Maybe something is already shaped in their minds or it could be getting back to the studio and create something new in the next winter .

15 minutes ago, stefo said:

I didn't know about this :lol: of cours it didn't work then: how can a man who falls for Mariah properly tell M's story :Madonna032: it's an horrific prospective.

I think a point can be that she is not a screen writer , she's an interesting story teller imo, but her taste and vision are not declinable in every art field with the same quality, I think it's normal. My idea is that she wanted to make her movie in a way that doesn't necessarily works on the big screen and was not intended to make big compromises. In this sense I used the word "fix", like "finding solutions, managing creative problems". I remember reading about the excessive lenght of the first script, M also asked to the fans what they thought about a series during a live Q&A on Instagram. After the first stop, they tried to rework it with a second writer and it did not work again.

I agree ayway, she was definitely tired, decided to get back to her career and her reasearches and the going back to memories could nicely have inspired her. There's the Warner contract also, wich guide is quite tangible imo and very interesting to see how will evolve, the strategy they're building to get her the respect she deserves back. I'm positive this tour is also part of that plan and the next step will be new music. Maybe something is already shaped in their minds or it could be getting back to the studio and create something new in the next winter .

To me, I guess that I don't see why she can't be the scriptwriter to her own story. After all, there is a lot of people involved afterwards who could change what is written, including the director.  Still it's her story. She has the right to tell it her way.  I don't believe she is ever trying to tell a story to necessarily make her look the better. If that was true, she wouldn't have made the many choices she has during her career that tainted her. She isn't afraid to tell the truth, but I feel some people (including fans) want her to share things that make her look horrid.  I mean? What sane person would do that to themselves?  Still, Madonna doesn't shy away from controversy or negativity.  She is able to cleverly manipulate things or not speak about it to let people come to their own conclusions.  While some fans say that hasn't faired well for her, she is hardly suffering from it.  After all, it's a bit difficult for anyone to keep people interested for 40 plus years, yet she still has millions of fans. Even many who don't agree with her or are fans, still go to her shows and enjoy her music.  I think eventually she will get to a point in her career that most people will not care about the past and will just appreciate her for whom she is along with the past they enjoyed.

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

To me, I guess that I don't see why she can't be the scriptwriter to her own story. After all, there is a lot of people involved afterwards who could change what is written, including the director.  Still it's her story. She has the right to tell it her way.  I don't believe she is ever trying to tell a story to necessarily make her look the better. If that was true, she wouldn't have made the many choices she has during her career that tainted her. She isn't afraid to tell the truth, but I feel some people (including fans) want her to share things that make her look horrid.  I mean? What sane person would do that to themselves?  Still, Madonna doesn't shy away from controversy or negativity.  She is able to cleverly manipulate things or not speak about it to let people come to their own conclusions.  While some fans say that hasn't faired well for her, she is hardly suffering from it.  After all, it's a bit difficult for anyone to keep people interested for 40 plus years, yet she still has millions of fans. Even many who don't agree with her or are fans, still go to her shows and enjoy her music.  I think eventually she will get to a point in her career that most people will not care about the past and will just appreciate her for whom she is along with the past they enjoyed.

I don't think she wants to make herself look better, I think she wants to tell her own idea of herself and it's legitimate and right. Of course she's got the right to do it. I was saying that not every artistic activity is suitable for her talents at the same level and according to specific languages and markets, maybe this time they're having problems. We don't know what the contract said about her right to influence the director work herself, cause she ended up trying to direct it herself. She was very clear about her determination to tell her own point of view (once again absolutely legitimate). The point is something did not work with the producers, her vision was not interesting for them.

1 hour ago, stefo said:

I don't think she wants to make herself look better, I think she wants to tell her own idea of herself and it's legitimate and right. Of course she's got the right to do it. I was saying that not every artistic activity is suitable for her talents at the same level and according to specific languages and markets, maybe this time they're having problems. We don't know what the contract said about her right to influence the director work herself, cause she ended up trying to direct it herself. She was very clear about her determination to tell her own point of view (once again absolutely legitimate). The point is something did not work with the producers, her vision was not interesting for them.

I feel like she can write and direct her own story.  Should she probably have others interject and help her tell that story?  Yes!  But I think she would!  She's always been welcoming to others to join her on her projects.  The issue she may have are those who take over and make changes that she doesn't approve.  That has happened in her career to some degree, but it's always her story, so she has the right for it to be shared the way she pleases.  I never think she tries to sugar coat things.  I'm sure she knows even negative criticism helps gain attention to her projects and she would see the same with a Biopic if she chooses to share things that don't make her look so great.