How much of a Madonna fan do you consider yourself?

How much of a Madonna fan are you?  

55 members voted

1. 1. How much of a Madonna fan are you?

• Total stan/fanatic
    • In between casual fan and Stan
    • Casual fan

I was a fan growing up in the 80s, and I had LAV and True Blue on cassette, the Vogue came out when I was 12 and my best friend and I turned into fanatics (sorry, but I loathe the word "stan").  I was a huge collector for years, had a tons of stuff stolen, and since then have (much more slowly) been rebuilding, but only as time and $ allow.  I used to be one of everything in just about every format, but now I'm ok with downsizing a bit to keep it more manageable and affordable.  But my goal is to have every album and single on vinyl, along with import singles and alternate covers, the picture discs, and the CD singles and stuff like that.  I don't need LAP from 22 different countries anymore, lol.  But I'd still consider my fandom to be like 9.5/10.  Also, I'm probably in the minority, but I'm not massively interested in her personal life asuch as the music.  I mean, I'll read what she shares interviews and stuff, but I don't really care who she's dating or what grades the twins are getting in math.

2 hours ago, 50ft Queenie said:

Before seeing her live in 1990, I really had no history with Madonna at all and would not have considered myself a fan. Blond Ambition Tour changed everything and I have been a really big fan ever since

I love when a tour changes everything. Sometimes I don't care for an artist's latest album but I go to the tour anyway, and then I love the album. Lorde's Solar Power Tour couldn't change shit for me though :ahh: Even tho it sounded good live.

On 3/18/2024 at 5:07 PM, 50ft Queenie said:

Before seeing her live in 1990, I really had no history with Madonna at all and would not have considered myself a fan. Blond Ambition Tour changed everything and I have been a really big fan ever since

This is when I first saw her live, but the difference is that I was a huge fan at this point.  I still remember in how I acquired the tickets to the show.  Back then, when tickets went on sale, you had to call in and wait in line for tickets. I remember having my sister call for me since I had no credit card at the time, and she did.  I remember being at work and tying up the phones when my sister would call me on another line to tell me she's secured tickets. They were horrible seats, but the tickets were going fast, and I was told that if I tried to call back, I wouldn't be guaranteed a seat at all since they were being snatched up so quickly.  Luckily I took what I could get because we did try to call back again and had a hell of a time getting through and when we did, the tickets were sold out.  While the seats were crappy, I will never trade that experience ever.  She was definitely in her prime at this time. :party:

• 4 weeks later...

She changes so much an era to another one, I must recognise I didn´t follow her so much from 2017 till this last tour. But I will always love her work pre 2017!! It means so much to me, it was with me as I grew older. And I think at any moment she can be amazing again so I´m waiting. Ok, with this tour she is amazing. It is true that Madame x was not for me at all overall.