Which songs make you think "Madonna CAN SING."

3 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

We are getting really off subject here, what song or performance did made you realize Madonna could sing? 🥰

LOL!   I already answered that pages back. 

And I don't think we're getting too far off topic since our discussion is in regards to her singing capability which is what the topic is basically about!:)

3 hours ago, McDonna said:

I think for me the backing tracks are too loud and not very well balance out at times. I can clearly hear her singing live over her own vocals and unlike true back up singers, you're not getting the live harmonies from what you would get from back up singers.  It's been like this for many of her tours.  I think the last time they really got it right (with backing tracks) is on Confession Tour.  For the most part, it really felt she was singing every single note live.  I never felt like the backing tracks were carrying her performance as much as it is happening now with her shows. 

I personally wish she would use the backing tracks as much as she does.  At times, it's too karaoke for me.  But she does have some really good moments when performing many songs.  It's just I rather hear her completely live... warts and all.  I'm not bothered if she hits a bum notes.  Most entertainers never are able to sing through a whole show without having some bum notes moments.  Not only that, I keep in account Madonna is doing so much more than just standing their singing. The more movement anyone does while singing live, you should expect some varied and shaky vocals.  It's much easier to just stand behind a microphone, just singing, and singing beautiful than doing all the dancing, etc., she does. 

And yes, I love Open Your Heart and Into The Groove and the fact she's singing more of a demo/early version of Burning Up. :party:

I agree with you 100%. And I think she should have backing vocalists to fill those gaps, not backing tracks. The backing tracks are a discredit to her as it makes people think she’s miming.

14 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

there are many performances sounding good on Celebration... 

Hope you didn't think I didn't think there weren't any performances that didn't sound good on Celebration Tour?  I just don't think this tour really showcases her vocals as in her past tours. There isn't really one song from this tour that she sings live that really stands out as stellar to me when it come to her vocals, yet I can immediately think of a few from just Rebel Heart Tour and MXT where she sounded beautiful.  Still, it doesn't take away from how great this tour is. It's just not a tour I think she's vocally at her strongest.  And as said before, the backing vocal tracks just make those poor vocals stand out more.  This is why I think she uses the backing tracks as a crutch on this tour.

10 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

And i disagree.  Why is that so hard to accept? You tag me saying i should accept different opinions, while you trying to push yours down my troath. Im really not up for a fight or something because i respect you as a member but can we let this one go?

Don't feel bad mate. The emoji you put next to your comment was decisive in realizing that you were saying it in a good way. The thing is that sometimes people are very sensitive, especially when they feel that their opinions or way of thinking are being attacked. Precisely for this, these fun emojis were created because using them allows us to humanize, in a certain sense, this new way of communicating on the internet where everything is so cold and reduced to simple letters.

However, apparently this is not enough for some people, so clarification will always be the best thing we can do in these cases and not get carried away by negativity.

Wow heated discussions..... I see..... That's how we are so passionate for our queen.....

Every album they say she implements a certain style..... In Erotica seems she has gone the distant and dry approach. Justify my love she sounded so breathy and sensual.... I'm going banana's so very funny can't remember other songs similar to this style. 

I have read she could compose a song within an hour or so.... So she's a very good songwriter why hasn't she be recognized for being so.

5 hours ago, Debord said:

It's important to remember that vocals deteriorate with age, something you can hear with pretty much every singer. For Madonna to still be doing relatively physically demanding shows and singing live I'm sure is why the backing tracks are more pronounced now.

This is true and I already hear it with Kylie too. But the difference is Kylie has a team of backing singers to fill the gaps. I think if Madonna had backing singers on this tour it would make a huge difference. Backing tracks discredit her imo as people just hear it and assume she’s miming.

How incredibly boring that this thread has become yet another trite discussion on M's live vocals, when one's ability to sing is a much bigger subject. On that note the whole title of this thread already suggests a negative point of view. To me M was always a great singer in her delivery, it's already there on songs like PA, Stay, CFY  ut becomes truelly powerful on True Blue, especially its first half. Than LAP and IB arre the highlight of her raw and very emotive soulful vocals. Evita put a bit of a dent in her singing personality (I had difficulty recognizing her voice) and ufortunately that still lingers on ROL. Of course the vocals there are good but they are so controlled there is very little space for emotion. Music and AL are among my favorite M vocals, after that technology takes over and it's hard to find that urgency in her voice. We had to wait until MX for a real proper delivery (even with all the autotune the emotion is still there.

4 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

How incredibly boring that this thread has become yet another trite discussion on M's live vocals, when one's ability to sing is a much bigger subject. On that note the whole title of this thread already suggests a negative point of view. To me M was always a great singer in her delivery, it's already there on songs like PA, Stay, CFY  ut becomes truelly powerful on True Blue, especially its first half. Than LAP and IB arre the highlight of her raw and very emotive soulful vocals. Evita put a bit of a dent in her singing personality (I had difficulty recognizing her voice) and ufortunately that still lingers on ROL. Of course the vocals there are good but they are so controlled there is very little space for emotion. Music and AL are among my favorite M vocals, after that technology takes over and it's hard to find that urgency in her voice. We had to wait until MX for a real proper delivery (even with all the autotune the emotion is still there.

How should I rephrase this thread to make it positive

I only phrased it that way bec of the reel I watched concerning WE ARE THE WORLD SNUB

I always love her since I was a little kid in 1984...vaguely remember her music but we do have so many kareoke tapes of her... I always watch borderline and lucky star on a black and white  tv

Madonna SINGS. When she does a song, she feels the song and makes us feel the song with her interpretation. She doesn't have a "Stradivarius" as Whitney had but M makes me feel so emotional and powerful in a way Mariah or Céline just don't. Maybe it's because I am an Asperger and I hate hearing whistles, belts, melismas, adlibs and all sort of other tricks of pretending you're a prima donna from opera while singing an average song about your own romantic affairs. #sorrynotsorry

And, btw, plz don't quote or tag me cause I am not interested to engaging any "best belt singer" discussion. I just hate that these tricks are what makes someone "A SINGER" when, as @Pretender1978said, being A SINGER is so much more than that.

And I won't come back to this thread again, unless I find something new here in this "Madonna's voice sucks!!!!" thing that really is worth of my attention. As I said numerous times, I ain't Georgina to pretend I am some big online shit.

What interests me is a healthy conversation.  So I welcome anyone posting such a thread because it shows we all have opinions of what we think is good or bad.  There is no pretense to saying Madonna is a stellar Vocalist.  I think it's fine for us to discuss this and what songs really stand out that show case her vocals.  Besides  "Sooner or Later" at the Oscasrs, here are two more live performances that I really feel showcase how great she can sing. 

You know which Madonna vocal is underrated? Beautiful Stranger.

Her voice is like honey on the verses. A very controled delivery but she manages to read the song so well. She's flirtatious, doubtful, even hurt and then the chorus explodes it's just fun. I love it.