"Popular" is now certified Platinum in US

proxy

It's also her first Platinum Certified Single in the US since "4 Minutes" in 2008 and her first Certified Single in the US since "Give Me All Your Luvin'"!!!  :Madonna018:

I have also read some negative and mocking comments that come from supposed "fans", basically they say that the song was never played on the radio, that its sales are inflated and that this certification for Madonna is worthless just because it is a collaboration... Stop being so assholes and be happy about the current success that Madonna is having, collaboration or not, this is something worth celebrating!!!

This is something most of us thought would never happen again: A new hit for Madonna!!! And still certified Platinum!!! This is something to be happy about and recognize his more than 40 years of career!!! :Madonna013:

So shut up and be happy for Madonna please!!! :Madonna026:

7 minutes ago, Rebel Hugo said:

It's also her first Platinum Certified Single in the US since "4 Minutes" in 2008 and her first Certified Single in the US since "Give Me All Your Luvin'"!!!  :Madonna018:

I have also read some negative and mocking comments that come from supposed "fans", basically they say that the song was never played on the radio, that its sales are inflated and that this certification for Madonna is worthless just because it is a collaboration... Stop being so assholes and be happy about the current success that Madonna is having, collaboration or not, this is something worth celebrating!!!

This is something most of us thought would never happen again: A new hit for Madonna!!! And still certified Platinum!!! This is something to be happy about and recognize his more than 40 years of career!!! :Madonna013:

So shut up and be happy for Madonna please!!! :Madonna026:

Well said.  The song was definitely a slow burner and just kept climbing and climbing with no end in sight. It's too bad it didn't have more radio success because it very well could have been another top 10 if not higher for her.

and yet people still think it was a hit because of " Madonna" - sorry but anyone could have sung on this - my friend said when she heard it she didnt even know it was Madonna so what does that mean - lets be realistic guys (and no im not gonna read my comments after this because i know im gonna get slaughtered for saying this) im happy for Madonna of course but like 4 minutes too before its not because of her involvement ....

27 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

and yet people still think it was a hit because of " Madonna" - sorry but anyone could have sung on this - my friend said when she heard it she didnt even know it was Madonna so what does that mean - lets be realistic guys (and no im not gonna read my comments after this because i know im gonna get slaughtered for saying this) im happy for Madonna of course but like 4 minutes too before its not because of her involvement ....

It's funny that when "4 Minutes" was released and made it to top 3, many fans despise the song and insisted it's Justin Timberlake/Timbaland song ('cos it sounds like a track from Justin's album) even though she had co-written the song.

A few years later when "Popular" was released and only peaked at #43 in US, and yet many fans insisted it's HER song despite the song is not written for her or by her.

Hits drought is real I guess.

52 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

It's funny that when "4 Minutes" was released and made it to top 3, many fans despise the song and insisted it's Justin Timberlake/Timbaland song ('cos it sounds like a track from Justin's album) even though she had co-written the song.

A few years later when "Popular" was released and only peaked at #43 in US, and yet many fans insisted it's HER song despite the song is not written for her or by her.

Hits drought is real I guess.

I like to add... I don't see anyone denying that it's a song by the Weeknd that Madonna sang on.  I'm sure the song would have done just as well if it didn't have her on it.  However, the point is, SHE IS ON IT!  She made the decision to be part of it.  Her voice is on it, so yes, it's very much her song too. I am not sure why some have to try to downplay her involvement on it just because she's only a feature.  The fact is; she is on it.  She gets credit for being on it, so being it's been quite successful, she deserves credit as well. 

And you know damn well if the song tanked, then people would make sure they point out Madonna was part of it, and most likely say it's because she's on it, it failed.  There's no win here. :Madonna033:

10 minutes ago, Donna said:

I like to add... I don't see anyone denying that it's a song by the Weeknd that Madonna sang on.  I'm sure the song would have done just as well if it didn't have her on it.  However, the point is, SHE IS ON IT!  She made the decision to be part of it.  Her voice is on it, so yes, it's very much her song too. I am not sure why some have to try to downplay her involvement on it just because she's only a feature.  The fact is; she is on it.  She gets credit for being on it, so being it's been quite successful, she deserves credit as well. 

And you know damn well if the song tanked, then people would make sure they point out Madonna was part of it, and most likely say it's because she's on it, it failed.  There's no win here. :Madonna033:

Some "fans" are really her worst haters sometimes! :Madonna021:

Just now, Rebel Hugo said:

Some "fans" are really her worst haters sometimes! :Madonna021:

I mean really. Imagine trying to find a negative in a win here for her.  Like the song or not, it was a very good move for her to be part of it.  The Weeknd (whether you love or hate him) is greatly influential in the music world right now. And what is amazing is this song really has come out nowhere despite it was promoted to be part of his failed limited series.  Though, the song never was in the show, nor is part of the soundtrack to it.  Yet, the song performed far better than the series it was supposed to be part of.  :)

8 hours ago, Donna said:

She has been flopping for more than a decade, hence it wouldn't matter much if Popular tanked 'cos it will be like all her singles released in the past 13+ years.

29 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

She has been flopping for more than a decade, hence it wouldn't matter much if Popular tanked 'cos it will be like all her singles released in the past 13+ years.

How special!  Maybe next time you can actually respond to something I was actually saying. :Madonna032:

11 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

What your friend thinks or say is irrelevant.