Did you ever visit a Madonna music video or film location?

Videos like the one above I find cool in general.  Seeing how things change/or look the same over time.  But yes years back I did drive on the street the house Papa Don't Preach on was filmed.  I mean at least the outside if it not the inside.  My take on it was the street was and felt a lot more narrow in person.  Two cars could barely pass each other on it.  I was also surprised how hilly that street was and that whole neighborhood was.  Perhaps they used it for the good shots of downtown NYC?  

The guy in this video is from Staten Island so I guess he sort of felt a little more comfortable getting out of his car and walking around.  The street felt very residential and the vibes I got were Im not sure how appreciative people that lived there would be of someone stopping and taking pictures of things kind of thing...  

Overall the house did feel and look differently irl.  But yeah it all looked for familiar kind of thing.

27 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Such a cool thread!!!!!  I've never seen a location where Madonna has filmed a video or movie. But,  the "Don't Tell Me" video and some of it's visual locations represent my State the most. Does that count? 

asrUgc.gif5MmbMX.gif

5T0O.gif

No because DON'T TELL ME  was filmed in a studio.  The OP post of PDP and few other videos she's filmed like LIKE A VIRGIN and TAKE A BOW were filmed on location.  She was actually in those locations.  As static/boring as Love Don't Live Here Anymore video is to some, it is another video that was filmed on location of a specific location and not reproduced by the studio.  :luv:

That being said, I would be curious to know what actual locations were used in the backdrop of DTM video?  There are many western states in the U.S. these shots could have come from... including regions where @Vogueristacomes from.

I live in Australia, so no, but I did some sleuthing several years back and found some locations that were seemingly unknown at the time (at least online). For LAP I reached out to the Director of Photography and he was kind enough to respond. He told me the church exterior was filmed in Compton at the Jericoh Baptist church. I also found the scary staircase she walks up near the end of PDP. It was part of the Bank Street Bridge on Staten Island - sadly demolished around 1999. This was the only photo I could find.

image.png.d2013c8a094095f993ade8bd59aa71a4.png

8 hours ago, kevin said:

I live in Australia, so no, but I did some sleuthing several years back and found some locations that were seemingly unknown at the time (at least online). For LAP I reached out to the Director of Photography and he was kind enough to respond. He told me the church exterior was filmed in Compton at the Jericoh Baptist church. I also found the scary staircase she walks up near the end of PDP. It was part of the Bank Street Bridge on Staten Island - sadly demolished around 1999. This was the only photo I could find.

image.png.d2013c8a094095f993ade8bd59aa71a4.png

https://www.gretschviking.net/GOSIRTNorthShore.htm

These are very old photos. Bridge construction. 1937

001.jpg

I had the chance to go exactly to the beach where Cherish was filmed. It's so beautiful :hearteyes:

New York DSS (Battery Park...)

Venezia (Like a Virgin)

Florence (TUTR) 

Paris Hôtel Royal Monceau (Justify)

On 6/23/2024 at 4:57 PM, Enrico said:

Went to the NYC bus station where Desperately seeking Susan was shot but the toilets have been completely renovated since...

Did you dry your armpits in the hand dryer