Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

because LAP wouldn't have fitted in thematically with those shows, GS as too dark and circus theme, DWT was about ROL & Music with Holiday & La Isla and CT was mostly about COADF

I disagree. For instance, ROL had a religious touch so she could have included LAP during her DWT. On the contrary, I'm not sure that LAP basically fitted with HC theme and her S&ST (especially with this "Rave" part) but she adjusted LAP to fit in and it works.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. For instance, ROL had a religious touch so she could have included LAP during her DWT. On the contrary, I'm not sure that LAP basically fitted with HC theme and her S&ST (especially with this "Rave" part) but she adjusted LAP to fit in and it works.

I understand the religious connotations with ROL but she did say for DWT specifically she wanted to focus on the newer material as she had not toured since 93 and both ROL and Music restored respect for her recording career 

People were just annoyed at LAP appearing on a tour film for the third time in a row when it wasn't even part of the permanent setlist. Fair enough.

AFAIK madgefan is one of the people who liked this tour the most here while this tour wasn't my personal favourite. It was a harmless discussion so I don't know why we're making more of this than necessary. :cryin:

I understand the religious connotations with ROL but she did say for DWT specifically she wanted to focus on the newer material as she had not toured since 93 and both ROL and Music restored respect for her recording career 

Yes I know, but it was easy to include it if she wanted to.

I mean, if she wanted to sing LAP during GS, DWT or CT, she would have reworked it to fit in those shows. She could have done a disco version ( :hearno: ) or rather a version for the bedouin part (in which LAP could fit in as it was a lot about tolerance in it) for CT as she did a "rave" version for S&ST

People were just annoyed at LAP appearing on a tour film for the third time in a row when it wasn't even part of the permanent setlist. Fair enough.

AFAIK madgefan is one of the people who liked this tour the most here while this tour wasn't my personal favourite. It was a harmless discussion so I don't know why we're making more of this than necessary. :cryin:

Yes and I understand, especially because I loved WTG version and I didn't see it live since she sang LAP in both shows in France but I don't understand why this endless lament from people (not especially from madgefan whose I was not refering to)  :)

MDNA's biggest flaw was the camera work, out of focus, uncentered, shaky cameras (not just from fast movement but also vibrating for some reason), varying resolution from angle to angle... that tour is one of my favourite shows ever but i prefer watching a bootleg......

Hopefully RHT will be at least on Sticky's level.  :owy:  :heart:  :heart:

I read many pages of discussions... what I think is:

1) I hope the dvd comes out soon because I want M to move to another musical project; I confess I need new songs;

2) I hope the full TOAC show is included (I am still looking for a nice full audio or at least a FULL TRANSCRIPT... please!!!), but I seriously doubt it, because M loves perfection and that show is beautifully full of imperfections, but I'd love to be proved wrong; and all M releases are very poor, never generous, extras are often short and meaningless (and if we get a nice documentary then we don't get the full show, shame on you!); never we were treated with a background video and never will we;

3) I won't complain about the setlist, because at the end we got a nice balance between hits and RH songs; of course everyone has his own favourites left out (for me, for instance, it's Veni Vidi Vici, but I accept the fact that it didn't fit the "storyline"; I would have loved Gambler instead of Burning Up); I definitely agree with those who'd rather have the original setlist, because Who's that girl fitted better in the third section and it has been musically reworked, while TAB sounds like a bad karaoke version; I fear we'll never have Ghosttown live again while there are plenty of beautiful LAP renditions such as Live8 or MDNA;

4) all Madonna shows have dark and light: maybe @Figther is right when he says that MDNA was more original, but its sections were very chaotic (especially the cheerleaders theme turning into basque, but also Hung up was terrible in the first section), while the RHT four sections are very clear and well planned; the good thing about Girlie Show is not about being heavy or dark (for instance in choosing lighter remixes), but it's the fact that many songs were really PLAYED BY MUSICIANS (oh the good old times when M did have a bass player) and you can hear it in Everybody for instance; MDNA looked terribly fake musically, both for the instruments and for M's voice, while in RH we have a better feel of live music and not playback (and the Tokyo cd proves it). I remember in Florence 2012 I felt really embarassed when my friend, who is a great singer, commented "she doesn't sing any song live, and when she does you realize she shouldn't". I didn't feel embarassed for her voice last year.

4bis) As for the voices, I miss Donna and Niki so much: you could really distinguish their real voices, while Niki and Kiley.. where are they? I often hear the background voices from the original recordings...

Tokyo has nothing to do with what was heard at the venues, I'm pretty sure MDNAT has a similar earpiece recording as well. Just that the musical director of the show puts the playback louder than her own vocals. It's been going on since 1990.

MM I guess I see the sections on MDNA Tour as sort of stand alone but theres also a bigger storyline connecting the whole show. I don't really see a storyline on Rebel Heart Tour. Might need to look closer when its released. But the transitions from song to song seem a bit clumsy here and there, i remember when the setlist leaked and we were all confused, well that never really went away for me lol.

It probably would've been too ovbious, or maybe even feel repetitive, but I was missing a apocalypse city including Ghosttown (couldve gone well with burning up, heartbreak city, etc) and a party section with BIM altho that's become very common these days and I love the 30s section so that's fine. 

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic