Madonna: American Life (Poll)

Madonna: American Life  

57 members voted

1. 1. From this album with mixed reviews, what is your cult classic?

• American Life
    • Hollywood
    • I'm So Stupid
    • Love Profusion
    • Nobody Knows Me
    • Nothing Fails
    • Intervention
    • X-Static Process
    • Mother And Father
    • Die Another Day
    • Easy Ride

Posted Image

Either you love it or you loathe it, but this album definitely got some reviews.  Personally, I love it; I never understood all of the bad reviews that it got.  My favorite cut from this album is "Nobody Knows Me".  With its beat and how she performed it in the Re-Invention Tour, I have no other choice but to love it.

Tell me your favorite.  Explain your choice.

I hate having to pick one song. I can't.I adore Love Profusion, Nothing Fails, Intervention & Xstatic Process.I do have an incredible soft spot for Easy Ride, maybe it's the lyrics. Maybe at a touch it's my fav.Also hearing it at Tears of a Clown as well as the other AL tracks was fucking amazing.I do love this album, I play it a lot.I also think American Life is an awesome song too.Anyway, I love it as a whole album from start to finish.

My opinions tend to change a bit, but i'd say AL is my fave M album at the moment after being 2nd/3rd for quite a long time.As far as favourite song goes, i'd narrow it down to Intervention and/or Easy Ride. Intervention has been my favourite since the album was released but ever since TOAC, i've fallen deeper in love with Easy Ride, so i'm going with Easy Ride (but next week i could flip back to Intervention 😆). I can't knock any other track though as i don't have a single weak track. Individually great, collectively perfect. Everything's on point: vocals, production, overall sound and lyrics.

• 1 year later...

I chose American Life. The video was great (the edge and look) and the rap is probably ear bleeding to many and #10 on Mojos top worst raps but I love it! It's so ironic and in your face about the American Dream! However the rest of the album is amazing aswell, Hollywood and Nothing Fails falling just behind American Life. The only song that I skip is usually Intervention. I do love X-Static Process's message about trying not to lose yourself in the shadow of someone you love or idolize.

I'm So Stupid is a guilty pleasure for me though! It was one of the first songs I bought from American Life and I loved the sound it has. And shout out to Die Another Day, could listen to it all day like a lot of her songs. Just wanted to say something positive about these two since they were almost nonexistent in the poll.

I'm So Stupid is a guilty pleasure for me though! It was one of the first songs I bought from American Life and I loved the sound it has. And shout out to Die Another Day, could listen to it all day like a lot of her songs. Just wanted to say something positive about these two since they were almost nonexistent in the poll.

I love 'Die Another Day', too. But I don't understand how Madonna complained that she regretted including 'American Pie' on "Music" album because it didn't belong on the album, but then included 'Die Another Day' on "American Life". It has nothing to do with the subject matter either! I suspect the 'American Pie' thing was just because she regrets covering the song because she didn't like it at all. She behaves as if it never happened, never including it on tours and compilations.

Warner included the song on the music album against her will, that´s the main reason.

But maybe you are right that she doesn´t like it herself much too because she only recorded it as a favor to Rupert Everett because it´s his favorite song.

Warner included the song on the music album against her will, that´s the main reason.

But maybe you are right that she doesn´t like it herself much too because she only recorded it as a favor to Rupert Everett because it´s his favorite song.

I know, but it still doesn't explain the excuse "not belonging on the album." Neither does 'Die Another Day' on "American Life".