Madonna Live in Miami December 2, 2016

Future Lover

It's really hard to be a Madonna fan sometimes. We just got a huge surprise that we never saw coming in TOAC being streamed on FB yet it seems the majority of people have nothing positive to say. Her vocals sounded fine, she's no Celine Dion but we already knew that. Why is everyone all of a sudden acting surprised? I thought the whole event was really charming and really well done. She made a lot of money for charity and is going to make a difference in so many people's lives.

I LOOOVED the Send in The Clowns and Toxic covers (yep, a little out of tune, but not that bad), Express Yourself and Holiday. Now, if she wants to do this again (wich I don't think), of course there's to improve vocally -even if in Melbourne she was on tour and it was better- BUT, most of all: JOKES OUT NEXT TIME!!

Anyway, about her singing, well... RIP American Life (honestly, how could she? :lol:

Rebel Heart keeps staying one of her best for me, especially in terms of her relation and generosity with fans ... wich matters. And now: contdown to the 9th!!!

Luv this write-up  :hearteyes:  :kissy:

Madonna’s Anti-Trump Cover Of Britney Spears’ ‘Toxic’ Is The Antidote We Need To 2016

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/madonna-redeems-2016-with-anti-trump-cover-of-britneys-toxic_us_58432628e4b0c68e04811d59

*Buys tickets to the next Madonna show immediately*

Any time you think that pop music crown might be slipping off Madonna’s head, she readjusts, smirks and places it back to its rightful place.

The Material Girl revived her Tears of a Clown show on Friday night to support the charity Raising Malawi and we seriously don’t know where to begin.

Not only did she raise $7.5 million dollars to benefit the lives of Malawi orphans, according to The Associated Press, but she also twerked with Ariana Grande, got handcuffed by Sean Penn, made president-elect Donald Trump her own personal punching bag and delivered a cover of Britney Spears’ “Toxic†we’ll need years of therapy to fully process. 

Packed with celebrities like Leonardo DiCaprio, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, James Corden and Paris Hilton amid Miami’s Art Basel festival, the fundraiser spotlighted Madonna’s ability to do just about anything for a good cause. 

Grande took the stage to auction off one of the looks from Madonna’s Rebel Heart tour. The two apparently wowed the crowd with a song and dance number, as well as sharing a brief kiss, AP reports.

At one point in the evening, ex-husband Penn somehow wound up in the spotlight â€• the former couple’s 1985 wedding photo was up for auction ― to encourage everyone to open their pocketbooks.

Penn crawled through her legs to get up on stage and then handcuffed her in front of the crowd. Madonna then offered to marry the actor a second time if he bid $150,000. 

“For once, he’s not the one being arrested,†she said. 

Thankfully, Bethenny Frankel, who was also in attendance, (random, but helpful) captured the moment in all its glory on Snapchat.  

But Madge truly outdid herself with her anti-Trump pièce de résistance, a performance of Britney Spears’ “Toxic†while distorted images of Trump flashed on a screen behind her.

Seated on a chair for most of the performance, Madonna cooed lyrics like â€œYou know that you’re toxic,†while backdropped by a photo of Trump with a “Pinocchio†nose and quotes from the president-elect about building a wall

“I’m not being too opinionated?†she asked the audience after the performance. “Too extreme? I’m not insulting anymore? I must not be doing something right.â€

And then she auctioned off the actual chair she was sitting on. 

She did it. She really did it. Madonna actually saved the world in four minutes

If she substituted jokes with stories, anecdotes from her life, TOAC would be fantastic!

I think that's why the first TOAC worked so well (aside from her finally performing some great deep cuts from ROL and AL). She added personal anecdotes from her life in with the jokes which made the whole thing so enjoyable.

Would be great if she toured this kind of show when she's a bit older and not able to do the big dance routines. Her relaxed attitude in between songs on the RHT was delightful to witness and the audience at my show laughed hysterically at her little jokes throughout the show.

Madonna Slays Britney Spears’ ‘Toxic’ Cover During Epic Art Basel Performance — Watch

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/12/03/madonna-covers-britney-spears-toxic-tribute-video-watch/

Madonna attended this year’s Art Basel fair and totally brought the house down with her special rendition of a Britney Spears classic! Her intimate show was the perfect tribute for Brit’s recent birthday. Watch it here!

Madonna threw an uncut show at the Art Basel fair in Miami Beach on Dec. 2, and paid tribute to her beloved friend and past collaborator, Britney Spears! In true iconic fashion, Madonna sexily delivered her own rendition of Britney’s 2003 smash hit, “Toxic.â€

In video footage taken from the event, Madonna appeared to be dressed in full clown attire, which is the same costume she first debuted at her “Tears of a Clown†performance in Melbourne, Australia earlier Mar. 2016. She wore striped stockings and a gorgeous top with exaggerated sleeves. Ow, ow, she has to be the sexiest clown we have ever seen!

As she got right into her cover, she seductively motioned through a couple of dance moves as she sat on a chair in the middle of the stage. SO good! Her cover was a much slower version of Britney’s hit, but Madonna definitely did the pop sensation justice! And not to mention, this has to be the best way to send a special tribute to Britney on her birthday.

The singer recently turned the big 3-5 on Dec. 2. A number of celebs including Ellen DeGeneres, 58, Mario Lopez, 43, and more wished the icon a happy day. As you already know, Britney and Madonna have a special relationship, we’re talking they go all the way back to when they shared that shocking kiss on stage at the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards. So it only seemed right that she honor her with the lusty cover performance!

But Madonna’s Britney tribute was only a snippet of what she’s bringing to Art Basel! Earlier at the fair, Madonna did another sexy performance with Ariana Grande, 23, in which she ripped off her clothes!  And there’s even more to come! As part of her “Tears of a Clown†extravaganza, there will reportedly be a standup comedy set and another musical performance, according to Entertainment Weekly! Art Basel officially ends on Dec. 4, after a 4-day run. But before it ends, can we request that Madonna cover Britney’s “Gimme More†next?

HollywoodLifers, what did you think of Madonna’s rendition of “Toxic�

Having heard what others have said, I'd like to readdress and clarify my initial review. I appreciate fans come to a Madonna forum for a sense of kinship and camaraderie. We want to share our their thoughts and experiences and feel uplifted. Therefore I apologise if I offended anyone, or brought them down.

I don't think it's wrong to be critical. Nor is criticism necessarily disappointment, although having been dazzled by Madonna so many times before, perhaps my expectations were too high in this instance. I'm sure with a bit of careful editing this performance could be polished up very nicely, but that should not detract from the reality of what this show is, nor her intentions.

She's trying something new and she did it for a very good cause. I absolutely applaud her for that and for not being limited by other people's expectations. As long as people aren't bitchy or cruel, I think constructive criticism can be valuable, but she doesn't need any of us telling her what to do. She was there, so she knows what worked and what didn't, and no doubt she'll re-watch the show, feel horribly self-conscious as anyone watching themselves would, and continue to develop it further. Indeed our criticism of her voice might only fuel her desire to re-record live shows in future, so we should be careful what we wish for. We can't always have it both ways.

I've always thought that being an amazing performer in her own show was never an indiction that she should be an actress telling someone else's story. To my mind they're completely different talents, polar opposites apart.

On her own stage she's playing herself. It might be an extreme version, dressed up in all these fun costumes, channelled through the form of another character; but it's still her songs, her experiences, her story and for the most part her voice; so it remains deeply personal, authentic and sincere, all be it narrated in a colourful and theatrical way.

It's no coincidence that Evita is her best acting role to date. When she was playing a character she greatly identified with, she wasn't so much portraying Eva Peron, as she was being Madonna in the guise of Eva Peron. Accordingly we, her audience could identify Madonna's personal narrative through someone else's story.

I think that's why she's struggling with stand-up comedy, and why on balance, she's failed to become an actress. Her amazing recording and concert career has thrived on the predication of authenticity, of just being herself. So much so, that we only see 'Madonna' when she's playing another character in a film. She seems failing unbelievable pretending to be someone else, because we (seemingly) know her so well.

For me, Tears of a Clown is a contradiction. On the one hand the set list, the song lyrics, her voice, the music, the stage, the clown costume are all indicative of her personality expressed brilliantly through her artistry, and I really do appreciate it for that.

But a stand-up comedy show is by design, an inauthentic performance. It's not about being yourself, but about becoming another character with the express intention of making people laugh. However you might be feeling inside that day, angry or sad, the intention is always the same. The laughter must conceal you true emotions.

Of course that's the very deliberate irony of this show - less we forget, she is not a stand-up comedian; she's not a clown. She can put on the costume, but she remains every bit Madonna, all be it this time, through the guise of a clown.

And there's a deeper irony beyond this show, permeating her entire career. Superficially she may project herself as this strong, ambitious, unstoppable force of nature (medieval warrior, bitch, goddess!); but behind the make-up, beneath the costumes, away from the stage, the real Madonna maybe frail, vulnerable, and dare I say, human after all.

The contradiction of a strong exterior belying a vulnerable interior is a reoccurring theme throughout her music career. Think about it - the Rebel Heart - a triumphant survivor concealing a broken heart. Erotica - S & M, that being sexual pleasure enjoyed through physical pain, was really an allegory for the emotional heartache experienced in the pursuit of love. Even Hard Candy was a metaphor - a dazzling coloured confectionary, deliciously sweet on the outside with a impenetrable shell; but melt away that toughened exterior to reveal a soft gooey centre at its vulnerable core.

I could go on but I think the point has been made - contradiction and juxtaposition are essential ingredients in all of Madonna's work. Tears of a clown is no exception, and I applaud the strength of her artistry even if the execution exposed the vulnerability of her craft as a singer. By her own admission, that failing has never been the point her career, and ultimately, its that vulnerability which makes her human, and in turn, that which makes her so appealing to me.

Nothing's wrong with critical analysis. It should not just be a thumbs up or thumbs down. But while there is criticism, there is trolling. You didn't like it? Fine. No fan has to like everything Madonna does. But constant ranting of how much one really didn't like it removes one's criticism from fair critique to trolling. That said, I haven't seen any trolling here. Some like the gig. Some don't.  For those who don't, they just express their sentiment & view on what it was they don't like. They move on. This is why I love this forum so much. There is so much trolling out there esp on social media where you see so called Madonna fans lurking around waiting for someone to show the same disdain they hold so they can jump right on it and further rant of how much they really didn't like it in Madonna bashing style.

I think a lot of it is to to with the words people use and how they express themselves. Curt remarks can come across very thoughtless and reactionary, but I think some people just have trouble articulating what they want to say and they don't take the time to try and explain it. I suppose it's a symptom of the quick turnaround on social media. It's so easy to react emotionally without considering why you feel that way and how that might make others feel.

But a stand-up comedy show is by design, an inauthentic performance. It's not about being yourself, but about becoming another character with the express intention of making people laugh. However you might be feeling inside that day, angry or sad, the intention is always the same. The laughter must conceal you true emotions.

That's actually not entirely true - there are plenty of stand up acts out there who are entirely build around the comic's personality and life experiences (Chelsea Handler, Kathy Griffin, to name a couple).