Madonna Carpool Karaoke

Future Lover

Madonna Sings the Hits, Fights Her 'Rebellious' Reputation on 'Carpool Karaoke': Watch

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7605108/madonna-carpool-karaoke

Madonna joined host James Corden on Wednesday night for a "Carpool Karaoke" segment, which saw the duo face tough New York drivers, "vogue" a bit and addressed one of Corden's favorite topics: musical theater. 

When a bus cuts them off in traffic, Madonna tries to convince Corden to "drive up next to bus, I want to give him what's what." When he refuses, she chides him for "letting people get away with bad behavior." 

She also argued against her "rebellious" reputation. "I'm quite square," she told Corden. "My work is rebellious but my lifestyle is not rebellious." 

On her love life, Corden asked what she was looking for in a man, assuming she doesn't "have a type." "I think the best thing in the world is to be married to someone funny," she said, but she told Corden he could step it up in the fashion department, calling his shirt "very Seattle 1990s." Madonna also shocked Corden when she admitted to "full French kissing" Michael Jackson

During the drive, they sang Madonna's hits including "Vogue," "Bitch I'm Madonna" (featuring the star twerking in the seat), "Papa Don't Preach," "Express Yourself" and "Ray of Light." They even sang a bit of Madonna's song from Evita, "Don't Cry For Me Argentina." 

Madonna, who concert special Madonna: Rebel Heart debuts Friday on Showtime, joins a growing list of famous singers in the "Carpool Karaoke" passenger seat, including AdeleJustin BieberSiaOne DirectionJennifer Lopez and Michelle Obama.

5 reasons I love the fact Madonna is growing old disgracefully

Madonna joins James Corden for a spot of Carpool Karaoke tonight and her twerking antics have divided opinion - but I love the queen of pop for continuing to shock, even if sometimes it's for all the wrong reasons

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/style/celebrity-fashion/5-reasons-love-fact-madonna-9409712#ICID=sharebar_facebook

Oh goodie. Madonna â€™s appearance on James Corden â€™s hit Carpool Karaoke finally hits the airwaves tonight.

We’ve seen the trailer and heard the outrage - now we finally get to see what all the fuss is about. Not surprisingly, as with all things that Madge does, there’s already been a bit of controversy.

For starters, the 58-year-old humps a car seat wearing a pair of extremely tight leather trousers and I think it’s pretty much downhill from there.

But let’s face it, the woman that became famous for kissing a black saint and burning a Ku Klux Klan cross in her Like a Prayer video was never going to grow old gracefully. The whole point of Madonna is to outrage and shock.

She’s even ruffled my feathers from time to time. I had to learn to graciously forgive and forget after last year's cheeky bottom flashing Grammy moment . But when you really step back and think about it, where in the world would we be without Madonna?

Here are just 5 of the many, many reasons why I love her.

1. Madonna is a true megastar

She’s not a celeb in the modern meaning of the world. She’s what I call ‘a real famous person’. Remember those? Truly inspirational people that influenced your life, sold millions of records, had mega careers and became famous for actually doing something?

Well, yup, that’s what you’ve got right here. This year, at the age of 58, she will be named Billboard’s Woman of the Year.

Madonna has sold over 300 million records worldwide, making her a music legend. If she wants to rub her yoga toned glutes over a bit of leather car upholstery, then that’s fine with me.

2. She's had more influence on fashion than any other pop star

No pop diva has reinvented their image more times than Madonna, and with every new look we were right behind her. Fingerless gloves, crop tops, terrible perms, fishnet tights, crucifixes, bleached denim, billions of bangles, corsets, conical bras, platinum blonde hair, leotards… the list goes on and I wouldn’t change one humiliating fashion moment.

The fact that I stopped dressing like her a loooooong time ago isn’t the point. No, I’m not a fan of the thigh high boots and yes, I do think it’s time she put those thighs away, but did we seriously think Madonna was going to start wearing skinny jeans and a nice cashmere sweater? No Siree.

3. In a world of boring celebrities, she doesn’t take herself too seriously

I’m going to use Madonna’s bottom flashing moment at the Grammys last year to prove my point, but there have been many more.

Madonna caused outrage when she flashed her bottom on the red carpet by lifting up the back of her Givenchy corset and flashing her naked derrière. Naughty, naughty. Twitter went into meltdown, blah, blah, blah....mission accomplished.

Madonna’s raison d'être has always been to shock, provoke and poke fun. And just because she’s pushing 60 she clearly has no intention of stopping any time soon. While we rant, rave and reprimand, she’s having the last laugh.

4. My son dressed up as Madonna in Desperately Seeking Susan for Halloween last year

No matter what happens, we’ll always have Madonna and all her many, many reinventions. With every album and new project there’s been a new look (Like A Virgin, Boy Toy, Geisha, Disco Diva, Dominatrix, Hollywood Siren) and we’ve loved them all.

My son is 9 and has never even sat through Desperately Seeking Susan (but then, let's be honest, who has?) but he wanted to dress up like her for Halloween last year. Her music and influence will live on way after her fillers have gone down.

5. She hasn't caved into pressure and starting acting or dressing differently just because now she's deemed 'old'

Remember the Sex book ? The fellating a bottle in her ‘on the road’ documentary In Bed With Madonna , the rather embarrassing Britney snogging incident? The bonkers MET Gala bunny ear outfit?

Well it’s hard to catalogue all of her audacious moves, because quite frankly there have been a few. They just get logged next to all the other embarrassing Madonna moments .

But we don’t have to like everything she does to love her. Because while the rest of the world is busy Instragramming their perfect lives, she really doesn’t give a sh*t.

Just because the world has decided to label her as 'old' it doesn't mean she has to stop doing what Madonna does best. And that's getting our knickers in a twist and rubbing us all up the wrong way.

Long may it last.

PROD-3B16593200000578-4004080-image-a-14

She is a true performer. And you can really see it in a little 10 min thing like a carpool karaoke. Other artists, or so called artists, simply sang. She performed.

Yes. She twerked. She vogued. She danced. She performed. All inside the car. A true entertainer!  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:

You're right, @@MiB, saying she need to loosen up, but she's Madonna, she always wants to be in control and she's never relaxed when she don't know what's coming next. she's spent all her life surrounded by people who always wanted something from her... she says it during the carpool: she needs someone who understands her humor. She needs someone who understands her.

And I personally thinks she doesn't need someone who has this fan-attitude... I like James Corden, but she doesn't need someone who tells her "I'm your b*tch" to be relaxed.

This is exactly what I needed to wake up to today. Thank the lord. I loved it. The ONLY thing I didn't like was the fact that I couldn't hear her sing AT ALL. I wanted to hear her. But holy smokes he's got pipes on him. Not bad at all. I'm surprised she didn't plug her RHT broadcast...

I must have watched a different show. Cos I don't see her pretending to be having fun. Nor does she seem uptight. I do see her being playful though & pretending to be bitchy but all in good fun. And the Madonna I know & luv has always been good @ turning things & question on the host. Guess I have a different sense of humor but since I get her humor, it's a good thing 4 me.

fact is she always was funny and now shes to much in the Bitch I'm M mood, have seen so many carpool Karaoke Shows yesterday and you could everyone hear sing loud, no M has to Show she can straiten her leg wow, I love her so much but I don't know whats wrong with her lately she for me seems more unrelaxed than ever, she makes all the pressure to herself and no one says you have to have the best booty and titts when your almost 60 or wear grills what kind of rebelling is that, she lives ONLY from her fans nowaday as the General public is not so intrested in her anymore. well why don't make the Music you would like yourself and do what you like and enjoy you still such a star with such a fanbase, when even so many of  the hardcore fans begin not to enjoy anymore and thats the fact when you read the forums not only here or talk with other fans, would take a different road if I would be her, but well at least shes still around and the tour trailer looks promising but as long time fan you don't have to like all that she does, and to compare her to herself I sometime ask myself who is this, she is all but far away from down to earth this days, and at carpool making fun of his shirt does not make her any more funny...

shhhhh Israel was also something I din't like at all when you have to pay 5000 Dollars so she can make a Clown of herself in front of you

There are times in her career when she's been unpleasant. I don't see that here nor in the TOAC show. As groovy said it's her sense of humour, and while maybe she's a bit insecure these days she also shows signs of not giving a fuck at the same time. Yes she is a paradox but she's always been. :lol: All in all if you dont like the Bitch I'm Madonna character then don't worry because she always does different things and even the RH era was half "mature" and half Bitch. It's just different things she wants to do.

I must have watched a different show. Cos I don't see her pretending to be having fun. Nor does she seem uptight. I do see her being playful though & pretending to be bitchy but all in good fun. And the Madonna I know & luv has always been good @ turning things & question on the host. Guess I have a different sense of humor but since I get her humor, it's a good thing 4 me.

This. And as someone just stated, the negative/over-analysing talk in here gets a bit annoying sometimes...

It was what it was intended to be, silly and fun. I really don't get why some people was expecting a high level performance inside a car. She did some funny moves in that limited space, lol. And come on, she don't have Adele's vocal abilities, they're two different types of artist, I don't see the point in comparing them.