Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

Buy the Super Deluxe Edition and a hearing aid and a better HiFi equipment? Nothing wrong there. The intro of Holy Water is more silent before the song builds. All intentional.

I posted that comment as the super deluxe was blasting thru my sony bluray home theatre system though. It just bugs me that such a silence comes after the beautifully put together sound compilation that is Body Shop. The song built up in volume being intentional justifies nothing imho.

I'm not confusing anything.

And I think you've got wrong information:

"Cher's 'Believe' (Dec 1998) was the first commercial recording to feature the audible side-effects of Antares Auto-tune software used as a deliberate creative effect.

(...)

In February 1999, (...) the producers of this recording were apparently so keen to maintain their 'trade secret' process that they were willing to attribute the effect to the (then) recently-released Digitech Talker vocoder pedal."

as quoted from http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb99/articles/tracks661.htm

yes, it was the first song to have the autotune effect. Cher actually wanted  a vocoder effect, but they showed her autotune and she liked its sound.

Autotune and vocoder can be mistaken and sound quite similar sometimes, but they don't work in the same way.

I posted that comment as the super deluxe was blasting thru my sony bluray home theatre system though. It just bugs me that such a silence comes after the beautifully put together sound compilation that is Body Shop. The song built up in volume being intentional justifies nothing imho.

Yeah, I know. The volume increases more towards the end and the Vouge part.

Pretty good iTunes showing for Rebel Heart positions for official releases in the few countries in the last 24 hours considering the untimely iTunes rule change on pre orders [ why do chart rules always seem to change whenever there's a Madonna album release? :( ] But I'm quite surprised that so many people are now buying the album on iTunes while it's been available for pre-order for months...

Lots of big gains and a few big losses:

http://kworb.net/itunes/artist/madonna.html

Album: Rebel Heart

#2 Czech Republic
#2 Luxembourg
#2 Netherlands
#3 Hungary
#4 Germany
#4 Sweden
#4 Switzerland
#5 Austria
#5 Finland
#5 France
#8 Bulgaria
#8 Portugal
#11 Australia
#12 Ireland
#13 Belgium
#13 Jordan
#15 Turkey
#17 New Zealand
#18 Taiwan
#20 Italy
#22 Norway
#25 Slovakia
#27 South Africa
#28 Australia
#30 Slovenia
#33 Dominican Republic
#34 Hong Kong
#35 Denmark
#36 Estonia
#37 Argentina
#44 Spain
#45 Ukraine
#49 Russia
#57 Costa Rica
#57 Kazakhstan
#58 Macau
#59 Mexico
#64 Brazil
#65 Egypt
#66 Guatemala
#68 Greece
#70 Tajikistan
#77 Poland
#78 United Kingdom
#87 Canada
#88 United States
#93 Israel
#100 India
#103 Cape Verde
#104 United Arab Emirates
#112 Lebanon
#143 Japan
#154 Germany
#156 Malaysia
#162 Singapore
#166 Philippines
#179 France

At first, she caused me laugh... but after a few minutes, I felt so moved!She wants it to happen so bad! ...and so do I, and I bet so do many of us, but we don't have the guts to make a video-statement like that, speaking on a language is not your native one.B R A V O !!!As for me, I bought the Deluxe Edition on FNAC Spain (iconic cover plus two tickets reserved exclusively for me and my sister to Barcelona concert, what more could I ask for??), wishing that a re-edition of Super Deluxe including Queen and Autotune Baby sees the light, maybe some day.