Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

Madonna has had 13 Number 1s on the Official Singles Chart and 11 of her albums have hit the top spot on the Official Albums Chart. Will Rebel Heart and Living For Love add to her clutch of Number 1s?

I just thought seeing as you don't get charged straight away on pre-orders on Itunes, how does it work? people could download the tracks free and then cancel their pre-order?

After you preordered your account is billed for the 6 songs - 5 songs in the UK. So you pay for the downloaded songs. The downloaded tracks are still paid for even if the album preorder is cancelled.

The preorder? That was the realease day I think :confused:

I'm sure rebel heart will do the same

At the time, MDNA preorder topped and broke iTunes record:

http://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonnas-record-breaking-numbers

50 - Number 1's Pre-orders for Madonna's MDNA album on iTunes (biggest one day pre-order in ITunes (biggest one day pre-order in iTunes history) hit the top spot at iTunes store in 50 countries! 

In Chile we don't even have the iTunes banner! If it wasn't for one of the comments posted here earlier, I wouldn't have been able to pre-order it :stare: Thank you for the heads up! I love the first 3 songs, the others need some time I guess, especially Illuminati. Hope new tracks include Heartbreak City and Wash All Over Me, but I'm sure Avicii tracks will come next. Let's wait and see if Rebel Heart is the second single :heart:

press release…
MADONNA RELEASES SIX SONGS FROM NEW ‘REBEL HEART’ ALBUM AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER NOW
Full Album Scheduled for Release in March

Pre-order the album on iTunes now: http://smarturl.it/RebelHeart

December 20, 2014. For immediate release….New York, NY…..Madonna has just released six songs from her new studio album ‘Rebel Heart’. The six songs are currently available for purchase now via preorder at iTunes and other music outlets with purchase of the album and a la carte as well. The music will also be available on all streaming services. Additional music will be released on Feb. 9th. The full album of “Rebel Heart†on Interscope Records is scheduled to be released the first week in March 2015.

Song titles that are currently available from the new album are Living For Love, Devil Pray, Ghosttown, Unapologetic Bitch, Illuminati and Bitch I’m Madonna which was recorded with Nicki Minaj. Producers include Madonna, Diplo, Kanye West, Billboard, was recorded in NY, LA and London.

The decision to release the songs much earlier than anticipated was due to the leaking of several work-in-progress demos earlier this week.

“I was hoping to release my new single ‘Living For Love’ on Valentine’s Day with the rest of the album coming in the Spring. I would prefer my fans to hear completed versions of some of the songs instead of the incomplete tracks that are circulating. Please consider these six songs as an early Christmas gift,†commented Madonna.